Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

They consider? I thought it is a confirmed feature?

I'm assuming that video is running on a rig similar to this one?

i7-2600, GTX 560, 8GB, SSD

Without PhysX, no action going on...20 FPS :(

I'm assuming that video is running on a rig similar to this one?

Without PhysX, no action going on...20 FPS :(

Nope, Lord Ivan has an older computer making wierd noises right behind my back :icon_twisted:

Nope, Lord Ivan has an older computer making wierd noises right behind my back :icon_twisted:

Great to hear, was really worried there for a second, since the E3 presentation looked much smoother (so did the trailers)

I like the movement and the simplicity. It's harder to make stuff simple. There are many ways to make things complicated, but only few to make them simple.

Ivan said - they got a new weapons in WIP and some need to finish them , so i hope Iran will get own MG and own Marksman rifle

Umm no offense but you guys are AAA (soonish) Game Dev's and should have top O' line gear :p

@Pettka: Like fan bearing going out :D or is the HDD sounding like a DJ scratching records down at the club?

In this video we can see that the Fennek is called Strider and the Attack little bird is called AH-9 (he have got 2xM134 and 24 DAGR) maybe the transport one will be the MH-9, we can see too in the inventory a medic kit like in ACE

the customisation of the weapons is really great : you have all the diferent part on you and you just drag (or click like the backpack system in A2) to put it on your weapons , you have the vest and you can carry a backpack so you can put some gear on your vest and the backpack

the customisation of the weapons is really great : you have all the diferent part on you and you just drag (or click like the backpack system in A2) to put it on your weapons , you have the vest and you can carry a backpack so you can put some gear on your vest and the backpack

Yup, that's actually really cool)

New vest:

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/Maionaze/vest.jpg

Notice the lack of the camelback but the presence of pouches.

I think the camelbak is an additional piece of gear. The gamepage preview had a soldier with the heavy vest without any pouches/camelbak on it. The pouches will hopefully be kind of dynamic too, depending on what you´re carrying/what your mission and weapon is, etc.

The new vest I believe is showing the backside of the recon vest you already listed in the OP.

I think the camelbak is an additional piece of gear. The gamepage preview had a soldier with the heavy vest without any pouches/camelbak on it. The pouches will hopefully be kind of dynamic too, depending on what you´re carrying/what your mission and weapon is, etc.

The new vest I believe is showing the backside of the recon vest you already listed in the OP.

Yeah I was about to post this:

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/Maionaze/bonnie.jpg

Notice how the camelback is an individual piece of gear :)

If the vest is dynamic then that's great ;) The recon vest had only pouches for the magazines in the front and a shemagh tied to it, while this one has no shemagh.

Anyway list updated:

Changed the name of the Fennek to Strider

Added the camelback as a piece of gear

Added military cap and watch-cap as a piece of gear

EDIT

Added the medical kit to gear

Changed the name of the littlebirds

Edited by Maio

Dibs on camelback making the fatigue induced effects diminish faster.

Oh I updated the list:

Changed the release date from Q4 2012 to 2013

Added the Gamespot video to the video list

Mentioned the new firing stances such as the firing while prone on the back (used the Gamespot video as reference)

Question for BI:

In the IGN video I saw a solider near the AH-9 that was wearing a vest that had the Multicam pattern applied. Will we be able to select camo patterns for individual pieces of gear such as vests and headgear or was that just a different textured vest?

EDIT:

Just noticed he was wearing a chest rig type vest and a camelback and not a multicam vest. My question still stands though ;)

Edited by Maio

Just for the record and OFP update its been confirmed that TOH flight model is in for Arma3 and the campaign:

Posted my Damu:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135549-Arma-3-amp-TOH&p=2166652&viewfull=1#post2166652

Take On helicopter flighmodel WILL BE also in Arma3. Now I can safely confirm it will be also in campaing and it will be DEFAULT flightmodel for ALL the helicopters.

Coupled with everything else, Arma3 is going to blow most out of the water :) Plus all the attention through Dayz announcement specific for A3.

:yay:

Edited by mrcash2009

Just for the record and OFP update its been confirmed that TOH flight model is in for Arma3 and the campaign:

Posted my Damu:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135549-Arma-3-amp-TOH&p=2166652&viewfull=1#post2166652

Coupled with everything else, Arma3 is going to blow most out of the water :) Plus all the attention through Dayz announcement specific for A3.

:yay:

Excellent :D Added that sucker back to the list.

I Just wanted to come out from under my rock to say,

Holy Hell! More realistic weapon handling characteristics! Including Reloading Animations! Droool!

• Feature: You can use CROWS system ( Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station ) in normal or full screen.

• Gun monitor can be used without use full screen ( but its laggy )

I don't know if it fits in this discussion.

Will there be a dense urban environment?

Maybe not like BF3 but going that direction anyway?

I'd like to feel something like "Black hawk down".