Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Can't be too many people with computers high-end enough to play A3 that still have XP. ;)

Livin' in the past man, livin' in the past.

GAME REQUIREMENTS - (Note that this may change ) - OS - Windows 7 / Vista

I hope that does change. No XP no sale.

Looks like you don't have many gaming options then. That's like someone 4 or 5 years ago saying they don't want to let go of Win98. Sometimes you gotta be willing to accept change.... Maybe you could get a new PC and load WinXP on that PC and use Win7 for ArmA and WinXP for all your other stuff.... Either way, I expect that the only changes will be support for other operating systems like Linux or Mac (maybe). There are somethings that old operating systems aren't programmed to support. ArmA3, with it's graphics, might not be able to run on WinXP.

DX10/11 are not available on XP

No XP no sale.

Wow really? You insist on using an ancient and nearly unsupported OS? Windows 7 so incredibly better than XP ever was. Then again, if you're using a 15 year old PC I guess I could see thinking XP is the be-all-end-all. :butbut:

Enough with the exaggerations already. My PC is about 2-3 years old (Core2Duo 6600 @2.4GHz, 2GB ram), and couldn't run Win7 if my life dependent on it. I tried it for about a week and was furious about both performance and how bad I thought everything was.

Although I have to upgrade hardware to run Arma3 on s newer DX, I would hope there were better alternatives than to upgrade also the OS. Looking at the next gen OS, I'm getting more and more convinced to just drop out of gaming and go Linux instead.

Yes, call me old fashioned, and I'm still running XP in Win98 look, but I'm getting tired of constantly having to fight the OS I'm using, rather than let the OS make tasks easier and particularly more efficient. MS has gone the complete opposite way. And yes, this is my personal experience with it. If others think otherwise, it doesn't affect me.

Enough with the exaggerations already. My PC is about 2-3 years old (Core2Duo 6600 @2.4GHz, 2GB ram), and couldn't run Win7 if my life dependent on it. I tried it for about a week and was furious about both performance and how bad I thought everything was.

That's weird. I run Windows 7 on my HTPC, which has an Intel E5200 dual core, 2GB RAM and an NVidia GT240. Everything runs very smoothly, including 1080p video. This is with desktop effects like Aero enabled, btw.

That's weird. I run Windows 7 on my HTPC, which has an Intel E5200 dual core, 2GB RAM and an NVidia GT240. Everything runs very smoothly, including 1080p video. This is with desktop effects like Aero enabled, btw.

I'm on the same boat. No problems at all with my Windows 7. Hell, Vista wasn't even all that bad. The key to happiness with OSs is x64.

Although I have to upgrade hardware to run Arma3 on s newer DX, I would hope there were better alternatives than to upgrade also the OS. Looking at the next gen OS, I'm getting more and more convinced to just drop out of gaming and go Linux instead.

Yes, call me old fashioned, and I'm still running XP in Win98 look, but I'm getting tired of constantly having to fight the OS I'm using, rather than let the OS make tasks easier and particularly more efficient. MS has gone the complete opposite way. And yes, this is my personal experience with it. If others think otherwise, it doesn't affect me.

you did install drivers right.... right?

List updated:

Improved wounding system ( no specifics for now )

Improved MP interface

Improved/streamlined command interface

Check the Dwarden interview for the info.

what ad?

the site your interview was uploaded to has ads every 10 min or so. Though if he's bitching about having an ad at the beginning of the video.....man the fuck up...

the site your interview was uploaded to has ads every 10 min or so. Though if he's bitching about having an ad at the beginning of the video.....man the fuck up...

or get smart

Ad block plus on Firefox

Improved wounding system ( no specifics for now )

<3 :yay:

or get smart

Ad block plus on Firefox

No thanks. I rather watch/hear the ads instead of to steal it from them :rolleyes:

Ad block kills the free internet. Pay for the interview (by accepting the ads).

My 5 cents.

what ad?

The ustream.tv link. Nevermind, I ended up blocking them instead. I got like 2 seconds before switching to an ad with forced volume, which interfered with the let's play I'm currently watching. I'll have none of that - and yes, I know I'm probably overreacting, but commercials (especially forced) make me go ballistic :D

weird i have no ads even with my internet explorer 9