Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

I confused the perspective, :) but seems a bit different respect ARMA2 PMC....

I confused the perspective, :) but seems a bit different respect ARMA2 PMC....

The camo is :D

List updated:

Added the V-22 Osprey to the list.

But, can it turn?

How you mean Turn? It will work same as ArmA 2 one ,but probably there will be new flying model

How you mean Turn? It will work same as ArmA 2 one ,but probably there will be new flying model

I think that was a reference to "Will it blend" ... ugh... right?

That tank is not a T95

The tanks profile fits the T-95 project so until we get a name from the devs the name will stay.

Ok i have read a few comments about the punch of the rail gun, but does a railgun even have recoil? Imean there is no explosion right?

To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I don't know specifically how the recoil acts on this gun though.

Edited by sparks50

there are several nice youtube videos showing railgun prototypes.

Depending on its strength, there are forces pulling the rails apart (it could be relatively weak for a RG), and the screenshot suggests that projectile is very small (penetrator) also reload time may be longer than basic shell.

I wonder about anti-personnel effects of these things. Maybe there will even be dispersing ammo (spray).

It currently has about zero "rudder" authority in hover, unlike the real bird. Although probably worse than a helicopter, I don't think (I'm no expert) it would be as limiting as in the game.

I think that was a reference to "Will it blend" ... ugh... right?

Lol, not intentionally :D

How fast could one railgun even fire anyway, would cool down time could be massive? Or the wait only be dictated by the relaod time? Part of me wants to abuse the rate of fire if it is possible and cause the railgun to overheat and explode myself if im not careful!

The tanks profile fits the T-95 project so until we get a name from the devs the name will stay.

i hope you noticed the canon ^^

i hope you noticed the canon ^^

Yes , rail gun was added , but whole thing is based on T-95 prototype Black Eagle

"Black Eagle" = obyekt 640, based on T-80, canceled in 2001

"T-95" = obyekt 195, based on T-90/T-72, canceled in 2010

"Black Eagle" = obyekt 640, based on T-80, canceled in 2001

"T-95" = obyekt 195, based on T-90/T-72, canceled in 2010

If you read my topic with T-95 - you will know the T-95 wasn't cancelled , they still doing/testing it etc

Edited by RobertHammer

Of course the director/represantives of the company would never say the project is canceled if they still hope to sell it - somehow. Btw testing technologies on platform X doesn't mean that platform X will be fielded. Upgrading current T-90's is more likely and affordable. ;)

http://www.rusbiznews.com/news/n795.html

Doubt that a railgun can be mounted and operated from a tank - just look at the requirements to use a railgun. Hmm... maybe as coastal defense or its a hidden + secret weapon of a new, dangerous and well equipped yet unknown faction and their leader P. ? :icon_twisted:

Doubt that a railgun can be mounted and operated from a tank - just look at the requirements to use a railgun.

BIS stated in an interview that railguns are on tanks because the game is set in the future and it's conceivable that technology would advance to allow that in 20 years or so.

Apparently you can build a rail/coil gun in your garage

, the question is how powerful do you want it to be. Those naval prototypes shoot solid projectiles that are as large as shells, while the gun on the screenshot suggests its much smaller.

But whatever, everybody likes railguns. (or not)