Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

I will do my best! :)

We will count on you :D to bring us some great infos and news.

Off topic: Normally I'll go there aswell but as a simple visitor.

yeah well we'll see about that ;) i have 3 chances to get one of them; good friends in an PR-agency, one buddy with his own PC-hardware shop and one of my friends relative is working at the convention, so i might have a chance.

When Ivan will allow it to me, i have a lot of questions! I would also love to film it but sadly i just have some crappy Camera ^^

but i am convinced that all those magazines will do a good job! :)

I would also love to film it but sadly i just have some crappy Camera ^^

Nevermind, I just will move closer to the monitor :D

BTW, can you ask him about melee or jumping please? (if you want of course)

BTW, can you ask him about melee or jumping please? (if you want of course)

Those are the most desired features for the Arma franchise! I miss bunny hopping while going for the instant-knife kill dearly

[/sarcasm]

Edited by PuFu

bunny hopping is possible in RL, why we shouldnt want this feature in arma3?

you see an enemy in front of you and you start jumping left and right to avoid his fire while you are firing at the enemy ;) so you may stay alive. ;)

bunny hopping is possible in RL, why we shouldnt want this feature in arma3?

you see an enemy in front of you and you start jumping left and right to avoid his fire while you are firing at the enemy ;) so you may stay alive. ;)

The really sad thing is, I'm not even sure if you're joking.

Have you ever been in Chernogorsk? On factories roofs? There are hundreds places to jump, but you can't, you can't! I just have to fall between two factories, because I can't unstick my fu***** legs from the ground.

If you would be able to jump doesnt mean you'd be able to bunny hop or jump 100 miles in the air.

It would ruin the game with stupidity if not done correctly:- which in my opinion it wouldn't as you just give a vague idea to how it would work. 'Jump'. What does that remind you of? How is it useful? Why? No Max Payne answers, please.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/hephaestus_arma3_screenshots_forums_001_4.jpg What weapon is that guy holding?

jumping is useful for jumping from one roof-top to another (seriously) troops did that alot in iraq where the buildings were close together. Also jumping combined with ledge grab could be used to travesre medium-high walls like in smk animations (higher walls with a running start), a buddy-jump system for pretty high walls like MOH would also put an emphasis on teamwork. all this would be tied into a complex fatigue system relating to how much gear the person has and what their individual stamina is (SF should=more stamina b/c they are trained to put mind over matter and push boundaries reg. infantry cant whereas reg infantry should have more stamina than civvies) if the jumping animation is done realisticly it wont look arcady at all, just strange if in a combat situation. when you jump your accuracy would obviously go down the toilot from the instance of preparing to jump through to the end of you landing/recovery (your feet would hardly leave the ground anyway unless an object is available for your character to grab onto and you do so by pressing the jump key agian mid-air). This combined with the fact that you couldn't jump forever do to exhaustion (also slowing down your speed when moving/reloading and your accuracy long after you finish jumping for an extended period of time) I think it's a fine feature.

Then it would be scripted then? And not in the action menu but a button press and only used when near a ledge?

I agree though, it would be one of those things that would be cool but would be overly exploited.

Then it would be scripted then? And not in the action menu but a button press and only used when near a ledge?

I agree though, it would be one of those things that would be cool but would be overly exploited.

not quite, what I mean is if you press the button just in the middle of an open field you or on any flat surface you will jump realistic height(distance too if you are running) and if you press the jump button again (mid air) and are next to a ledge wilst in mid air you will grab the ledge that you jump up to (W key would make you climb over the edge of the ledge, A and D are L/R for slow movement along the ledge ofcourse and S would be drop back down, if you hang on too long you will fall from exhaustion) if you press the jump button twice and are away from a ledge then you will just jump normally. Basically: U wont grab if there is nothing to grab onto.

I think the aiming/fatiuge hinderances I suggested in my previous jumping post prevent it from being overly exploited, don't you?

The really sad thing is, I'm not even sure if you're joking.

so you are not even able to separate an obvious joke from a statament? :rolleyes:

concerning the "jump" button discussion is obvious that the game is good as it is right now.

you can pass over little objects but you are not able to avoid the enemy fire since the action is very slow.

lawrence-sawyer-persico-trota-all-amo.jpg

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

so you are not even able to separate an obvious joke from a statament? :rolleyes:

Considering your post history, it's almost impossible for me to tell when you're joking. Case in point. :rolleyes:

concerning the "jump" button discussion is obvious that the game is good as it is right now.

you can pass over little objects but you are not able to avoid the enemy fire since the action is very slow.

It's also both very long and impossible to abort, making it one of the worst examples of Arma2s extensive portfolio of unnecessarily clunky animations. I hope BI's "revamped animation system" comes with a better alternative for clearing small obstacles.

Considering your post history, it's almost impossible for me to tell when you're joking. Case in point. :rolleyes:

no is not a joke asking a section or a sub-section in sticky only for vehicles&weapons polls. do you know how large it will come the "requesting vehicles/weapons" thread in a couple of mounths?hundreds of pages.

like the predecessor thread for arma 2.

could be wrong but i dont think that the depelovers have the time to remember and read how many times a vehicle was asked by navigating

through tons of posts.

just to make clear im not asking an huge and unique poll with everything inside. im asking maybe a decade of polls like: heavy vehicles, transport&light vehicles, jets, bombardiers, pistols, machine guns, assault rifles&sniper rifles,

attack helis, T helis and maybe another poll concerning anything else.

some of these polls can have 15(approximately) options or more like the

hypothetical rifle poll and another 1 like the attack choppers poll i guess that it doesnt needs more than 8/10 options. example:

op.1 : cobra

op.2: apache

op.3:tiger

op4: mangusta

op.5: mi-24

op.6:mi-28

op.7: ka-50

op.8:ka-52

if anyone else need the exigence to add an option well the request could be filtered by a moderator and maybe added.

take it as a way to make the forum better thought in 5 min. that can be improved. personally i guess that taking a look on what the comunity wants by using an Cyclopean thread of hundreds of pages containing weapons of all kind and vehicles of all kinds is the worst and boring way(for who needs to read it).

unlike a simple sub-section/section only for polls which they are easy to view.

you have just to click at the poll that you want and look at which kind of weapon/vehicle was asked more often.

just trying to help mate.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

I can think of a truck load of reasons why a whole forum section for content request polls is simply unnecessary, but I guess the effect of spelling them out for you will be close to zero.

Instead, why don't you just send a PM to Placebo or one of the other moderators and ask them if they will create such a sub forum.

I've just counted 5 pages of completely irrelevant posts to this thread since I've given a warning about steering this thread offtopic. :rolleyes:

All posts from now on, that are not on topic will be deleted and authors will be given some infraction points and/or some suspension time.

Hi everyone,

I spent some time to screen through the threads, but didn't find all the answers I was looking for. Maybe you (or ideally the devs) can answer these questions?

- ARMA 3 will include he improved Helo flight model of TOH. Will also the new interactive cockpits be available, with more instruments, MFDs etc?

- Will similar improvements be added for fixed wing platforms? Including g-effects etc?

- Will realistic, separate sensors (Radar, IR, Lasers etc) be implemented on planes/helos, that are jammed only by appropriate countermeasures (Flares, Chaff, or electronic countermeasures)? Are influenced by weather conditions (IR and IR-freq Lasers by rain/cloud conditions etc)? Or will the aerial platforms keep their "mystic radar"?

- Will we get cockpits for AFVs back?

- Will ARMA3 feature "digging", i.e. fox holes, trenches, impact craters?

- Will AI in buildings learn to shoot through windows, or remain target puppies?

- The "modify weapon on-the-fly" addition sounds neat. Will we finally also be able to change weapon loadouts on plane's pylons dynamically?

- Will the VBS eventhandlers that also gives the impact angle of ammo be implemented for vehicles, and a more detailed "damage part" model, such as to allow a more realistic penetration calculation?

- Will AI be able to select the different ammo types (say the variety of tank rounds from APFSDS to MPAT) better?

- Will moving in vehicles during operation (walking in choppers, sniping from them, etc) be added?

Thanks for any answer!

Hi everyone,

I spent some time to screen through the threads, but didn't find all the answers I was looking for. Maybe you (or ideally the devs) can answer these questions?

1- ARMA 3 will include he improved Helo flight model of TOH. Will also the new interactive cockpits be available, with more instruments, MFDs etc?

2- Will similar improvements be added for fixed wing platforms? Including g-effects etc?

3- Will realistic, separate sensors (Radar, IR, Lasers etc) be implemented on planes/helos, that are jammed only by appropriate countermeasures (Flares, Chaff, or electronic countermeasures)? Are influenced by weather conditions (IR and IR-freq Lasers by rain/cloud conditions etc)? Or will the aerial platforms keep their "mystic radar"?

4- Will we get cockpits for AFVs back?

5- Will ARMA3 feature "digging", i.e. fox holes, trenches, impact craters?

6- Will AI in buildings learn to shoot through windows, or remain target puppies?

7- The "modify weapon on-the-fly" addition sounds neat. Will we finally also be able to change weapon loadouts on plane's pylons dynamically?

8- Will the VBS eventhandlers that also gives the impact angle of ammo be implemented for vehicles, and a more detailed "damage part" model, such as to allow a more realistic penetration calculation?

9- Will AI be able to select the different ammo types (say the variety of tank rounds from APFSDS to MPAT) better?

0- Will moving in vehicles during operation (walking in choppers, sniping from them, etc) be added?

Thanks for any answer!

1. doubtfully

2. most likely to a smaller degree than rotor wing...if at all.

3. this game is no aircraft simulator though...i hope for improvements but i really doubt things will be taken to that extent

4. if you mean interiors, well...there might be a pleasant surprise. Very few ppl understand the amount of work (and time) needed to model interiors of such vehicles.

5. according to ARG, no

6. unknown

7. unknown

8. unknown

9. unknown

0. no

You could just read the first post for list of CONFIRMED features... and you can see that TOH flight model will be incorporated in ARMA 3... but not in the main campaign...

as for the rest... unknown