Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Bikes or motorcycles were ever mentioned?

Yup, check the first post man :)

also

on the left

Yup, check the first post man :)

also

on the left

Actually, we've had some problems with two-wheeled vehicles and PhysX, so we're not currently including these in our ORBAT.

Plus, any videos from 2011 - or those we've no longer got as public on our official Yt channel generally - should be considered as being potentially out of date (For example, I wasn't even working on A3 when this that video was published, just helping out! :))

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

Saw that coming; guess it is somehow understandable. Maybe we see it in an endgame DLC or something. awesome.gif

Actually, we've had some problems with two-wheeled vehicles and PhysX, so we're not currently including these in our ORBAT.

Plus, any videos from 2011 - or those we've no longer got as public on our official Yt channel henerally - should be considered as being potentially out of date (For example, I wasn't even working on A3 when this that video was published, just helping out! :))

Best,

RiE

It's a shame but understandable, guess I'll have to go through the list and clear out a thing or two.

Well tomorrow evening I will have Arma 3 SE. Will be nice to be able to compare it against what is and has been a great game, Arma 2.

If A2 has been bettered, then the BIS would have done a supreme job. Really looking forward to it now, just for looking around at everything that’s there, terrain, factions, vehicles etc. Also of course I am looking forward to getting my new, well had it for a while now waiting, pc out to try it on, finally its here... :)

Thanks BIS.

It's a shame but understandable, guess I'll have to go through the list and clear out a thing or two.

As long as u can add 10 new, its all fine :D

Especially, WEAPON REST / BIPOD system, righty right RiE? :rolleyes:

Between 7 and 8 GB.

6.95 GB at this moment, to be precise :icon_twisted:

Good news, it will fit my tiny SSD.

So I saw this posted earlier, (different thread, but did not see any confirmation) but will A3 still have the A2 feature of being able to make a custom face texture, place it in the mydocs/a2 folder and select it in the profile options? If this functionality is continuing, could we get a template for it as well?

As long as u can add 10 new, its all fine :D

Especially, WEAPON REST / BIPOD system, righty right RiE? :rolleyes:

Long ago in a time long forgotten... that idea was kicked to the curb & labeled as low priority by the Devs.

Woop!!! My 1mb connection is going to be working hard tomorrow :D

Judging from the PC gamer video and preview, there still some problem with the game

Blur and PP are still bind together

AI still do the same old same old

Inventory still needs a bit of work(and include the function to stripe weapon mods/open backpack from dead body directly)

But at less they fix the red dots and holos, which is good enough:)

Found something interesting in the field manual: Health --> Drowning --> it says in the grey text: "This damage is also inflicted in other situations where oxygen level is low, like in sealed rooms or when using gas weapons"

So are there any weapons and vehicles in the alpha we havent seen before?

as far as i 've seen the developers have removed the Fennek (i don't remember the fictional name) for some reasons

Edited by Zukov

Yup, the Ifrit, the OPFOR rocket launcher and handgun are completely new. And there might even be some more.

as far as i 've seen the developers have removed the Fennek (i don't remember the fictional name) for some reasons

It's still in the game but just not in the limited Alpha content :)

Peter Games/Morphicon is doing EFIGS (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish) localizations as the publisher for the boxed versions... beyond that, no idea.

Is the "Katiba", the Iranian AR/Carbine supposed to be a TAR-21 modified for caseless ammo, or a seperate Iranian weapon entirely?

Also, I find it a shame that we couldn't find anyone who spoke Farsi/Persian.

I thought that the Katiba appears to be the modified KH-2002 that was seen in a screenshot before the alpha release?

Is the "Katiba", the Iranian AR/Carbine supposed to be a TAR-21 modified for caseless ammo, or a seperate Iranian weapon entirely?

Also, I find it a shame that we couldn't find anyone who spoke Farsi/Persian.

Wait, what? BLUFOR has the TAR-21. Katiba is definitely the Khaybar KH-2002 but modified. Notice how all the Israeli equipment has been removed from the Iranian faction? No TAR-21, no Merkava, probably no Namer either. The TAR-21 is now blufor's TRG, although I would have preferred the MK20/FN F2000.