Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Would you pick up a nade in real life and throw it back if you saw one drop at your feet? no you'll be too busy getting the hell out of there and how are you going to see the nade on where it dropped? they'll be a flashing light on the nade like on BF3 so you can know a nade is visible? or an indicator like MW3?

Hello everyone!

I have made a search but I have found nothing, so here's my question:

does anyone know if the MGs will be deployable with their bipods, on windows or anything of the right height (small stone wall, fence, car hood...)???

This was a very interesting and realistic feature that DoD Source had, for example.

Many thanks!

;)

^this, 10x THIS

Seriously, it sucks if you are not able to rest an MG on a window or a small wall.

^this, 10x THIS

Seriously, it sucks if you are not able to rest an MG on a window or a small wall.

That may be part of that "surprise" that is inside the Weapons Keybind that one of the Devs talked about a while ago. Or at least, I hope so.

That may be part of that "surprise" that is inside the Weapons Keybind that one of the Devs talked about a while ago. Or at least, I hope so.

Holy crap I hope you're right. I have truly been spoiled by red orchestras weapon resting.

Pure speculation, never hinted at, keep your expectations as low as possible.

But stamina\weapon sway + rest system would add a whole new level of tactical thinking.

Yes, best to keep expectations low. But like you say, stamina, weapon sway, new recoil and a rest system would combine for pure awesomeness.

Wouldn't a weapon keybind rather suggest that they are assigning each weapon class to a certain key instead of the classic toggle through key configuration we have now?

Wouldn't a weapon keybind rather suggest that they are assigning each weapon class to a certain key instead of the classic toggle through key configuration we have now?

Hey don't ruin my hopes!

...You're probably right though.

Err, while RiE hasn't talked about "weapon class to key" (read: how so many other FPS games do it on computer) instead of cycle-through, a bunch of people took one of his remarks as meaning that grenades would no longer be in the fire mode selector cycle-through.

Man even that would be amazing in Arma III!

Sure, especially in urban fights and CQB this was quite the experience. It didnt happen too often, but when u are in a close room and a grenade comes in, you still have the slight change to throw it back outside before it explodes :D

damn, was hoping to make a night underwater mission with a few sharks to scare the crap out of people :P

one can dream ...

I would like to know if supporter edition will also be available on steam?

and if it will show up there at the 5th of march or a bit earlier :P or later?...

*ohh well now i seen dev post

"Supporter Edition is only available from Store.bistudio.com, so there's your answer "

Edited by Redjevel

Please forgive me for asking it has probably been answered but has shooting from choppers and vehicles been confirmed I so hope so?

Please forgive me for asking it has probably been answered but has shooting from choppers and vehicles been confirmed I so hope so?

It's on the developers wishlist as well as mine and many others as it's one of those features that truly enhances gameplay, but sadly, we do not have a confirmation on the matter.

It's on the developers wishlist as well as mine and many others as it's one of those features that truly enhances gameplay, but sadly, we do not have a confirmation on the matter.

DOH ok thanks for letting me know maybe they will add it in at a future date :)

He was just posting to get his post count up, so that he can view social groups.

That bipod on a carabine.

That arm....

That HDR not going bizerk because the sky is not rendered.

Where did you get that?

Check the dev blog thread...or should I say Czech out.