Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Ye, no reason for CPU optimizations also though...

Its like we are sorry people but even if you have GTX Titan, SSD and CPU like I7 3930K or even better your FPS will sucks even more...

http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/85-breaking-the-32-bit-barrier

"The Future - 64 bits

In the long term, the solution to this will be to move to a 64 bit operating system and to compile the game as a 64 bit application."

I guess 6 years isn't enough to be considered long term.

I hope there will be a Chernarus port, by the DEVS, or by modders. Best tactical map ever.

But nice list so far.

I hope there will be a Chernarus port, by the DEVS, or by modders. Best tactical map ever.

But nice list so far.

^this

Or maybe chernarus+ ?

yeah Tonci :)

A little OT but in case you don't know yet Niotna , the DayZ standalone will use Chernaurus+, a revamped version of Chernaurus complete with new cities, swamps at the coast and all new enterable houses.

Chernarus in RV4 would be very nice indeed! :)

List updated:

Added link to alpha details

Added the info about the islands

Added the "Ansyr" to the vehicle list

List updated:

Added link to alpha details

Added the info about the islands

You should add the recommended system requirements as well :)

You should add the recommended system requirements as well :)

Done :)

Maionaze, it's not "Ansyr" but ZIL's "Karatel" ("Punisher" - a name as stupid as the design itself). Your link has it wrong - "Ansyr" is a different project.

Maionaze, it's not "Ansyr" but ZIL's "Karatel" ("Punisher" - a name as stupid as the design itself). Your link has it wrong - "Ansyr" is a different project.

Oh ok. can I get an official in game name from the dev's or I can just wait until Tuesday? :)

Maybe it's not the preetiest but this is not a contest miss of galactic sexiest military vehicles - it's ugly, because war is UGLY - and ArmA 3 provides us all UGLINES of WAR enriched with BEAUTIFUL graphics :)

Surely somebody have spotted there are 5 factions mentioned in the Alpha Briefing section. Unknown who, but at least confirmed now. :)

Blufor: NATO

OPFOR: Iran, Militias(?)

Indi: Resiatnce

Civilians: Self explanatory :P

I still hope there are some Russian PMC's somewhere around there... for the sake of future global defense market dymaics.

Maybe it's not the preetiest

My comment wasn't about the aesthetics of the vehicle, but rather about silliness of its layout - last attempt of a dying auto plant to attract some gov. agencies (they sold the right to produce it to FORT Technology, which is primary equipment supplier of FSB) attention with rather controversial visuals done by professional designers instead of professional engineers. As far as I know this project is as dead as it can be. You can get more pictures (and the history of the project, if you know Russian) here.

Edited by Corvinus

It would be nice to be able to attach or detach grenade launcher or masterkey, on this year shot show Knight's Armament showed a fast attach/detach masterkey and m203 with will fit even SR-25, that would be great.

Surely somebody have spotted there are 5 factions mentioned in the Alpha Briefing section. Unknown who, but at least confirmed now. :)

Actually, I read 3 factions, and even that's something like a mistake. The Alpha will primarily be offering a sub-set of units and vehicles from 2 factions: RED and BLUE. I think there is the odd civilian/independent object in there for testing/ playable content purposes.

Yes, I said RED and BLUE. :) For the Alpha, the factions have been stripped of their identity. You'll find them as (side) OPFOR and BLUFOR and (faction) Red and Blue. As mentioned, they're quite limited in terms of their content (as compared to what we hope to include post-alpha release, in beta, and in release). Primarily, the focus is upon the infantry elements, but also included are other things like divers and basic vehicles to enable us to test certain things (like PhysX and Scuba).

Our focus is definitely upon delivering a stable technical build, packaged with some missions that help us to showcase some of the new features and test their stability. Plus, there are some changes to the identities in the pipeline too. We're not going to talk about such changes just yet, but things are starting to feel quite splendid indeed, and I consider them to be APAPTions for the better/ WIN.

Best,

RiE

Well, I didn't mean the alpha version. I ment the full game. The "What is in the full game" section.

Yo RiE,

will there be some choppers in the alpha? And if yes, with the TOH flight model?

Our latest stable build does not feature the helicopter flight model from Take On, which means it's absolutely certain not to be included in the Alpha's launch next week.

However, I know Joris wants to address this point specifically. Still, you should definitely bug him about that. :)

Well, I didn't mean the alpha version. I ment the full game. The "What is in the full game" section.

Aha, I see. Yes, 5 Factions, but their identity will be unveiled at a later date. ;) Note, no one has said whether Altis is a part of Greece...

Best,

RiE

Aha, I see. Yes, 5 Factions, but their identity will be unveiled at a later date. ;) Note, no one has said whether Altis is a part of Greece...

Best,

RiE

:raisebrow: Ok... Democratic Aegean Republic?

:raisebrow: Ok... Democratic Aegean Republic?

Uh, oh. AWESOME! Secession! Independent resistance, since the mainland has fallen, etc, etc! Heh-heh.