Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Looks about right.

BIS oughta make a few unclear screenshots with stuff they have not showed properly yet.

They just make such entertaining puzzles and teaser stuff.

But we can see braces and i think it's not a camelback like the middle soldier

Those braces are the back straps from a ammo chest rig. You can see the solider attending to the AH-9 wearing it in one of the E3 videos.

Thing is, wasteland is very server based. Not much at all happens on the client side that would use a majority of your CPU power.

Thing is, wasteland is very server based. Not much at all happens on the client side that would use a majority of your CPU power.

Magically the GPU usage just goes down from 100% to like 30% as the server fills up. And FPS goes unplayable sub-20fps in heavy towns.

Similar to what OA have now, probably more datailed, hopefully with more debris\particles effects.

A good system IMO.

yes I always liked the physics of arma! they were way more realistic than these so called PhysX of other games where everything behaved like gum balls if you know what I mean ;)

yes I always liked the physics of arma! they were way more realistic than these so called PhysX of other games where everything behaved like gum balls if you know what I mean

Your just talking about the building destruction physics correct?

Your just talking about the building destruction physics correct?

I hope so. I'm getting pretty sick of damaging my dirt bike by grazing a shrub.

Edited by RS_SPECTER

I would like to ask a question about that Arma 3 tank damage system please one more time though.

Would be possible to destroy M1Abrams Tusk frontally on expert difficulty by T-34/85 just like in A2OA ? Its damn awesomely realistic !!!!!

yes I always liked the physics of arma! they were way more realistic than these so called PhysX of other games where everything behaved like gum balls if you know what I mean ;)

I really dont know what game You've played - but I can assure You that ArmA series aren't known of physics building destruction :)

To make building collapse realistic it depends mostly on weight value coded. Pieces have their own weight and act like in RL if done properly.

Hi there...

I posted this in the wrong place before and was asked to post it here instead...

>>>Railway lines & trains in arma 3?<<<

Does anyone have any info on weather ARMA 3 will have fully functioning railway lines with working trains that you can actually get inside?

At the moment trains seem to be a static feature, but it would be great to have a working rail network for some train ambush missions :-)

I had one arrogant reply telling me to check google maps :-s like that has anything to do with ARMA 3's Altis map which is just a rough representation of Limnos in the Greek islands, & I'm sure (hoping) there will be more maps added in the future for this feature :-)

Cheers

Hi there...

I posted this in the wrong place before and was asked to post it here instead...

>>>Railway lines & trains in arma 3?<<<

Does anyone have any info on weather ARMA 3 will have fully functioning railway lines with working trains that you can actually get inside?

At the moment trains seem to be a static feature, but it would be great to have a working rail network for some train ambush missions :-)

I had one arrogant reply telling me to check google maps :-s like that has anything to do with ARMA 3's Altis map which is just a rough representation of Limnos in the Greek islands, & I'm sure (hoping) there will be more maps added in the future for this feature :-)

Cheers

There is no mention of trains anywhere. And Altis even if they changed the name is based of Lemnos, which is an mountainous island, both negative characteristics for the usage of railroad.

I would like to ask a question about that Arma 3 tank damage system please one more time though.

Would be possible to destroy M1Abrams Tusk frontally on expert difficulty by T-34/85 just like in A2OA ? Its damn awesomely realistic !!!!!

Wrong place to ask.

There is no mention of trains anywhere. And Altis even if they changed the name is based of Lemnos, which is an mountainous island, both negative characteristics for the usage of railroad.

When you compare Altis to Lemnos they're similar in shape but there are many, many things missing (like entire harbours, vilages etc...) Lemnos is a bit hilly, but even if it was mountainous that never stopped good old Brunel :-)

I just think that it would be a nice touch to have trains along the shoreline and tunneling through the more elevated landscape.

each to their own I guess :-)

Any mentions about a 64-bit executable? ArmA III would benefit hugely if it could load the whole game into the memory instead of just 2GB buffer streaming constantly from slow HDD's. And no need for RAM disks?

Any mentions about a 64-bit executable? ArmA III would benefit hugely if it could load the whole game into the memory instead of just 2GB buffer streaming constantly from slow HDD's. And no need for RAM disks?
Last we'd heard was Dan Musil saying "no reason to do this", DnA has not commented.

Last we'd heard was Dan Musil saying "no reason to do this"

Ye, no reason for CPU optimizations also though...

Its like we are sorry people but even if you have GTX Titan, SSD and CPU like I7 3930K or even better your FPS will sucks even more...

Last we'd heard was Dan Musil saying "no reason to do this", DnA has not commented.

Now that's BS, with 64-bit executable the game would be 100% free from stutterings, even though the CPU improvements would be almost neglible.

"Real" Stratis is just over 40 km squared. Anyone know how big the in game Stratis will be?

"Real" Stratis is just over 40 km squared. Anyone know how big the in game Stratis will be?

Over 5 steam discussions long.

Kaching.

ARMA jokes brought to you by the one and only.

Play some Wasteland on a 70 player server, get in a town like rasman. No more than 30-40% of the whole CPU is utilized with the main core at 100%, and FPS is 20.

Benchtests are useless, singleplayer performance is much much better.

You do realise that using multiple cores actually requires the game to have a question it can ask multiple threads to solve. Most games have to work most of the time on an if/then basis so don't often have a use for many extra cores. Even the newer games wich appear to utilise multiple cores quite well are not utilizing them so much for game mechanics ,the work load is being driven for graphic reasons by DX11. Its already been stated in a multithread topic somewhere that the A3 grahic engine, being DX11 will make your perfomance graph look fuller.

19 km^2 landmass, map itself is 80-100 sq. km.

Thanks man. Just the Stratis map alone is going to be awesome. I will probably play on it more than Altis...

Steam related posts deleted, please keep them out of here.