Sign in to follow this  
suma

ARMA 2: OA beta build 81201

yea! nice one. i hope the engaging at empty proxys is finally solved!

btw. Suma, thx for developing Arma3 & best luck for it:)

yup, its solved! fixed my mission, thx!

Edited by Coffeecat

Thanks Suma!!! Please make us drool with the next version of RV.

And thank you a million times by developing ArmA 3. I trust it's gonna be the best ArmA title ever!!!

and a out of memory ctd after 30 minutes play

same here. around 30 minutes too.

I had a crash with this patch. "ARMA 2 Reinforcements crashed" but I don't have Reinforcements... :D

s-rAB9xOuK8

Couple bugs I've come across in the 1.59.80955 and 1.59.81201 betas thus far. Edited by Zipper5

2 times tested resulted in 2 CTD's.

-First crash sent me instantly to the desktop without any error report.

-Second crash started with heavy lag for a few seconds and then a CTD with the message "ARMA2 has encountered a problem and need to close".

This last time where i had a clean dump/RPT i also used tons of addons (wasnt testing the beta but wanted to play around a bit), but maybe it will help.

Download: Dump+RPT

My ARMAII crashed when I choosed "new" server/game option in multiplayer. But only once. Also I noted that the reloading anim working fine only when lying.

Another bug: dead/killed AT soldiers (AI) are standing around and don't fall down - kinda like "frozzen in death-animation". Maybe its just something wrong/messed up with this death-animation if AI is using/switching AT or any other launcher/secondary weapon?

Tracers are still broken.

When firing a large caliber weapon (like, say, SAW) - sometimes tracers are like 5m long lasers passing through soldier's shoulder into the gun - and then going out of a gun and disappearing right away after that instead of flying further and hitting the ground.

May I presume incorrect IR lasers, tracers and flashlights are there because of some content changes of 1.60 for which the beta is made and we just have the older version of content?

Edited by metalcraze

No crashes. Excellent performance.

-k

I get an turret error message (the message occurs only on the main menu, when starting up, or returning from editor or scenarios/campaign). Tried with beta patch 81201, and only vanilla OA - no mods

No new issues found so far.

Another bug: dead/killed AT soldiers (AI) are standing around and don't fall down - kinda like "frozzen in death-animation". Maybe its just something wrong/messed up with this death-animation if AI is using/switching AT or any other launcher/secondary weapon?

I can confirm this bug. Also AI seems to stay still often in danger mode like they are frozen.

I get an turret error message (the message occurs only on the main menu, when starting up, or returning from editor or scenarios/campaign). Tried with beta patch 81201, and only vanilla OA - no mods

Yeah, at least one who gets that strange error,too.

I get that 'turret error message' (for different tanks) with this and the beta before.

Same goes for 'out of memory' ctd´s :(

I just noticed that my fps went down from 33fps with 1.59 patch to 23fps with this build in OA benchmark mission... not good.

this patch screwed my game up...will need to reinstall, it shuts down CA and OA core

cant run quite a few maps anymore.. it affected my normal game and beta. mpt error and a cpl others. turned em back on and nothin changed. brand new map unplayable

i just made a day ago....hehe

out of memory crash whilst playing a MP game.. (me (steam) and another player (non-Steam)) with this latest Beta. . My log files have been sent. Sorry, I will zip them next time. :D

this patch screwed my game up...will need to reinstall, it shuts down CA and OA core

cant run quite a few maps anymore.. it affected my normal game and beta. mpt error and a cpl others. turned em back on and nothin changed. brand new map unplayable

Just... remove the command line and folder.

Right?

Something wrong with "grenade throw" animation:

take a smoke grenade and throw it - smoke grenade is hitting short on the ground and bouncing away. Should have the same "flight path" like a hand grenade.

Tracers from MG's and cannons are flying through objects eg tank turrets.

You just go back to vanilla short cut or remove all "beta" references, the beta doesn't add to your main game files its just a short cut to run it just like an addon does.