guiltyspark

Ragdolls = In .... Realistic wounds ???

Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence  

695 members have voted

1. 1. Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence

• I want to full gore
    • i want to see it toned down a bit , but i want dismemberment
    • i dont want realistic wounds

It's sad to see most people just want excessive gore instead of better damage effects.

Better damage effects = Rudimentary gore

It's sad to see most people just want excessive gore instead of better damage effects.

Just give us something realistic and it will be enough; no need to have BIS spend extra time and resources just to please people with a gore fetish.

I wonder how you get these better damage effects without altering the goreness?

Better damage effects?

They would have to fix hitlocations and hitdetection. You can make a better wounding system without gore but that's up to the developers. I agree that with gore you visually see the damage of a projectile and therefore there is no more argueing on 'no that round can't do that at that range to that person'.... But without gore they should make it known when you have hit someone; better blood splatter effects, the opponent getting knocked, falling over from getting put off balance from this, muscles seize up as they get hit and drop, the face strains in pain, anything that will make it better.

I hate hitting someone at 800m, just to see slight splatter and them either 1) run off or 2) go prone.

I want full gore, but realistic.

If you are next to a bomb that goes off and everything is oblitirated,but your arm goes flying somewhere. That is what I would consider okay, but with such a level of possible disamemberment it would be considered full gore.

However, that dosent mean I want

like stuff.

I want full gore, but realistic.

If you are next to a bomb that goes off and everything is oblitirated,but your arm goes flying somewhere. That is what I would consider okay, but with such a level of possible disamemberment it would be considered full gore.

However, that dosent mean I want

like stuff.

The game engine should take into effect the type of calibre used, the velocity, distance, etc. With the new physics engine, shooting off limbs with 9mm rounds shouldn't happen too often, if at all. On another note, the older Soldier of Fortune games had much more realistic gore, probably among the most realistic in a video game ever since. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway had good realistic gore, which was not over the top at all.

Edited by Laqueesha

I don't think it will work for a computer game this this. I cant imagine BIS spending hours looking through films of soldiers being blown up by different munitions, I would imagine it would slow down development and then attract the dimwitted gamer whos just into gore.

To do in a realistic way, you would need a scientist who knows about physics to predict who loses a head when a mortar round hits and who doesn't. It would be easier to open body wounds when a 7.62 or a .50 hits you.

I don't think you really need "a scientist who knows about physics". A rudimentary system similar to the current building destruction model would suffice. That is, if they take enough damage to a certain area then a 'gore point' on the model is revealed, or rather a selection on the model is hidden, revealing 'gore textures' inside. So if they take enough damage to a leg, they lose a leg. If they get hit with a high caliber round somewhere, they lose a chunk. If BIS announced they were including gore, are people really going to argue over how realistic it is (I know the answer to that is yes, but certain people will complain about anything)? It doesn't have to be complicated.

I would like to have a gore system available, but I don't really care if there isn't one. What I would like to see is more precise hitpoints on the model. I like to see where I shot someone.

Like this it would be awesome:

+1 The AI should drag wounded comrades into cover, or carry them. The ragdoll system could be used in the way the first dude falls, then tries to get up, until his mate comes along.

That farcry looks amateurish and the animations look robotic. I would like to see soldiers catch fire and then char over a period of time.

Perhaps the poll is badly worded, but the result seems to be pretty unidiretional, just like the ragdoll physic poll, so maybe Bis should look into it, adding at least avatar responses to injuries(flinching ecc) imo.

One question though: would introducing "full gore" make the game have some restrictions in Countries like Germany and Australia?

restriction besides the Age - 18+ one?

I wouldnt like to go the way on brothers in arms hells highway - that was shite!!

restriction besides the Age - 18+ one?

Yes, iirc L4D is rated +18 and still got some problems in Australia, right?

The game engine should take into effect the type of calibre used, the velocity, distance, etc. With the new physics engine, shooting off limbs with 9mm rounds shouldn't happen too often, if at all. On another note, the older Soldier of Fortune games had much more realistic gore, probably among the most realistic in a video game ever since. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway had good realistic gore, which was not over the top at all.

SoF had the most detailed dismemberment model...but it was FAR from realistic. Also, a 9mm would probably have a .01% chance of severing a limb...they won't even go thru body armor lol. Now, disabling a limb - yes. A hollow point to the shoulder or knee will bring anyone's ass down; but they better not make them fall off, that's ridiculous.

I'm all for more gore but it better be realistic. .50-cal MG...yes, you'd probably see some serious gore and dismemberment. But I just hope it's not excessive, there's no need for it!

Again Id rather have better wounding system; as in when someone gets shot they don't just stand there like nothing happened, or just keep running at full speed w/o flinching. Nothing pisses me off more than shooting (and hitting) a bad guy, and them either running away or instantly shooting back. If they fixed those kinds of issues I could give a fuck about more gore lol

Edited by No Use For A Name

I'd be happy with directional blood splatter, and bleeding. With permanent, or at least configurable, decal lifetime.

People want to see a lot of blood flying around but I don't think that happens. I've seen a few videos of shootings and I have never seen a single flash of blood that would indicate someone was shot. The actual blood splatter that occurs I think is in the form of a mist.

People want to see a lot of blood flying around but I don't think that happens. I've seen a few videos of shootings and I have never seen a single flash of blood that would indicate someone was shot. The actual blood splatter that occurs I think is in the form of a mist.

I'm not too bothered about seeing the blood fly - just that I see the results on the ground or wall. I like to be able to work out what happened when I come across a collection of bodies :) I can often work out where the attack came from. I can often also find wounded units by following blood trails from bleeding.

Edited by DMarkwick

I'm not to bothered about seeing the blood fly - just that I see the results on the ground or wall. I like to be able to work out what happened when I come across a collection of bodies :) I can often work out where the attack came from. I can often also find wounded units by following blood trails from bleeding.

+1this.

It's the visual story that so far has been lacking - that doesn't necessitate gore by any means, but rather more representated variation of cause and effect of weaponry meeting human.

+1this.

It's the visual story that so far has been lacking - that doesn't necessitate gore by any means, but rather more representated variation of cause and effect of weaponry meeting human.

Yeah :)

Not so much this:

Blood8.jpg

but more like this:

Blood3.jpg

and this:

Blood6.jpg

but definately NOT this:

Blood1.jpg

:D

(BTW those are old ArmA1 screenies from when I was messing about with Sickboy's blood splatter addon, experimenting with different textures & sizes ;))

Edited by DMarkwick

Lol at that last pic!

....and I think the Red River guys might owe you something for creative royalties ;)

@ DMarkwick:

Those pictures are fairly realistic in regards to the depiction of gore, with the exception of the first and last ones, of course. I remember watching this video from 2006 where some insurgents mutilated the executed corpses of two captured U.S. Army soldiers. Needless to say, it was very bloody.

Here's a video where some U.S. Navy hospital corpsmen are treating some wounded civilians, it's somewhat graphic so use caution when viewing. As you can see, there is some blood, not much, but certainly more than is present in ARMA 2:

Edited by Laqueesha

maybe when you are shot and there is no one to heal you....the wild come alive and tracks you down bears wolf what ever and eat you........this would add one more thing to the mix......:) just my two cents and or shark out of the deep if you swim to far out or something

Edited by taw_myfinger