Sign in to follow this  
sagitarius_2k

Customizable Soldier Load ( seriously?? )

I have something like face wrap/camo in mind, choosing your face, choosing some kind of the currently issued uniforms. Also, the way you let you goggles, for example (some people leave them backwards, others in front of the helmet).

Also, gloves and the way you leave your shirt (sleeves rolled up, for example).

Nothing that radical, probably not even allowing to chose the camo (but maybe allowing some camo mixing, like some helmet/backpack in a different camo pattern)

Edited by [GR]Operative

i think this sounds like great to attract new customers to arma3.. somehow, we have to pay for everything.. if we get this, there is something else we don't get.

Thats why I am a bit sad, cause really.. the models in arma worked fine for me, i would much rather see a feature that said:

Bullets that is chambered, remains in the chamber even if you reload your gun.

Small "innocent" realistic features, rather than this.. if i wanted a fashion show I would had bought barbie.

Way to Generalize....

Look it says its a Key feature, its not the only feature BIS have their eyes on, if you look at the Arma 2 Community Issue Tracker (CIT) and go to Features Accounted chambered Bullets is quite up there on the list at 64 votes currently.

Even IL2 Cliffs of Dover has a customisable pilot feature. That sim/game is all about realism, and I don't see their fans ripping Maddox apart on their forums.

Nice little feature IMO.

Oh god forbid we get new features ... :rolleyes:

I say it's a good feature .

I think that they will just rework the inventory, and you can change your clothes like items on your body, but still have the slots to the right for your gear and the two weapon/backpack slots.

Everyone will have standard gear, but you can change it maybe before the mission on the gear menu, or in mission from crates or whatever. This gives you the option to steal enemy kit. Something that comes to mind bearing the story is a lone operator stranded in enemy territory, and the watch words of the game are Adapt and Survive.

Customization of weapon kit? It's like I can attach EOTech sight, silencer, GL without changing the weapon, like it's happening now? Pretty awesome. And there is one thing I dream about: to be able to write smth on your helmet, like "BORN TO KiLL", or smth else.

I am not against weapon customization, in fact i love it.

But for uniform?? i dont want to see some player mix up with his camo creation, like cloth with urban camo, pants with temperate camo, vest with desert camo, and helmet with juggle camo.

get the point??

For your information, I have done exactly that in the past in the field.

Why do I need my pants to be camouflaged forest when all I have around me are tall bushes, the ground is brown. So what I did is I mixed desert pants (faded out some) and forest top along with rock camouflaged helmet.

I blended in ten times better than the guys wearing one piece camouflage.

For your information, I have done exactly that in the past in the field.

Why do I need my pants to be camouflaged forest when all I have around me are tall bushes, the ground is brown. So what I did is I mixed desert pants (faded out some) and forest top along with rock camouflaged helmet.

can you post a picture for it?? :D

The worst thing that can happen with this is if your squad will start to look like a bunch of stupid clowns in MP all wearing different camo.

Even worse - if customized loadouts mean bringing guns you like into a mission not made for them expect a lot of stupid kids running around with FLIR guns.

But I'm sure BIS isn't that stupid.... I hope so at least.

Except there will be people like:

"Why do I need my pants to be camouflaged logically? How about I'll just put on some camo that make me look ubercool even though it will look retarded to normal people"

Catch my drift?

Customization of weapon kit? It's like I can attach EOTech sight, silencer, GL without changing the weapon, like it's happening now? Pretty awesome.

If this is the case however then this is indeed awesome.

Edited by metalcraze

You can't have anything without having some people who will abuse the feature, to say it is better to not having this feature at all...I dare say, reminds me too much of CM's community :|

choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.

Choose your uniform - You'll probably have a small list of uniforms to choose from, instead of picking between a yellow bandana or a yellow with black stripes.

Change your loadout, get encumbered - This is very interesting, as weight ("unforgiving terrain") may play a bigger part. And if weight plays a bigger part, so may weather.

The worst thing that can happen with this is if your squad will start to look like a bunch of stupid clowns in MP all wearing different camo.

Even worse - if customized loadouts mean bringing guns you like into a mission not made for them expect a lot of stupid kids running around with FLIR guns.

But I'm sure BIS isn't that stupid.... I hope so at least.

Except there will be people like:

"Why do I need my pants to be camouflaged logically? How about I'll just put on some camo that make me look ubercool even though it will look retarded to normal people"

Catch my drift?

If this is the case however then this is indeed awesome.

You can't have anything without having some people who will abuse the feature, to say it is better to not having this feature at all...I dare say, reminds me too much of CM's community :|

armyguys1uu.jpg

Peter: Don't worry Chris. Sometimes it's good not to fit in. (Flashback to Veitnam)

Peter (dressed in a clown suit): You guys are stupid. Their gonna be looking for army people.

:D

Perhaps there will be a server admin feature to enable and disable it, or a mission based thing, either way isn't it a bit too early to be worrying over these things so much, christ the game was only just announced without any explanation of how things would work.

It's just amazingly amusing that the community asks, nearly begs for something like "What soldner had" then when they get it suddenly "NO DO NOT WANT"

speculations run high i see :)

choose your uniform

This i believe is the famous "working" long time requested selectPlayer command, simply changing unit class without switching to another unit, or loosing any synchs, name etc.

"get your ghillie suit on anytime."

assemble your weapon kit

hoping for custom attachments to weapons.

change your loadout

this part im not really sure what it should be, we can do that now.

If anyone can bring in their own weapons in my MP missions, some will be bust, as limitations is important, or this will generate more work for mission makers to set allowed, not allowed weapons etc.

I dont see any logic for this, unless they want to remove the need for our scripted versions of pre made loadouts.

get encumbered

Looks like they have picked parts of Mod of the year, wich is very cool.

It's just amazingly amusing that the community asks, nearly begs for something like "What soldner had" then when they get it suddenly "NO DO NOT WANT"

:yeahthat:

Edited by Demonized

attachments on the weapons, could mean, from a addon maker POV, that there will be less M4 packs, and more attachments, that could be used via proxy(?) for a whole range of different weapons.

I actually hope for such a system, where the gun is modeled separatly from it's attachments (the current A2 proxy system works with all the models, minus the weapons)

attachments on the weapons, could mean, from a addon maker POV, that there will be less M4 packs, and more attachments, that could be used via proxy(?) for a whole range of different weapons.

I actually hope for such a system, where the gun is modeled separatly from it's attachments (the current A2 proxy system works with all the models, minus the weapons)

Here is hoping, then the picatinny rails will function like actual picatinny rails and you can shove on whatever you like as long as you are prepared to deal with the encumbrance.

Here is hoping, then the picatinny rails will function like actual picatinny rails and you can shove on whatever you like as long as you are prepared to deal with the encumbrance.

I doubt it will work that way, but some config entries would just do the job in terms of what fits on which weapon (inheritance for instance, instead of an array of weapons, but even the later would do)

I doubt it will work that way, but some config entries would just do the job in terms of what fits on which weapon (inheritance for instance, instead of an array of weapons, but even the later would do)

Would be good though in the perspective of a mod author could just make a picatinny compatible sight and not a sight for a specific weapon. Would mean reduced amount of game files for starters.

Give each of these extras weight value and centre of gravity so they can effect a guns handling.

Probably not going to happen as you say though Pufu as it may end up too complex, it would however bring weapon customisation into the realms of true realism that way plus you wouldn't have to worry about it not working on later weapon mods as they won't be in the config.

I will still be happy either way also. :)

my idea on how the weapon customisation could work (hope its the right threat for this) is the following:

for sure the best possible way would be to have animations for assembling the weapon sights and the other stuff, but i know this would be a whole lot of work.

so my other idea is to do this via the gear menu and via drag and drop, just like stalker did it http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/sidburn/stalker-20070526-055517.png.

if you handle it like this, the usual gear animation would be enough and you can keep the action menu clean.

I am not against weapon customization, in fact i love it.

But for uniform?? i dont want to see some player mix up with his camo creation, like cloth with urban camo, pants with temperate camo, vest with desert camo, and helmet with juggle camo.

get the point??

No player plays outside a mission. Surely it would be down to the mission design? I highly doubt that kids could possibly turn up dressed like some insane mercenary lunatic, unless the mission allowed for it.

This is an awesome feature. People want more and more and when there's more they just bitch about it.

I agree 100%.

The community asked for this, deal with it.

Also, Custom sights on M4s and M16s=WHABLWHABLJIZZEVERYWHERE!

Edited by Archosaurusrev

Hopefully this will be implemented well.

We may finally be getting to use all those spare equipment slots in our inventory, which could mean that for mission makers the availability would be under their control.

And the talk of encumberance could meanyou are forced to choose over extra ammo or another sight etc.

A win for everyone.

something is not in the game, people complain

There is new, awesome features and people still complain

haters gonna hate :mad: