Sign in to follow this  
sagitarius_2k

Customizable Soldier Load ( seriously?? )

Its funny the panic its caused ref changing gear, we are still talking Armaverse here, its pretty obvious the limits on when and where will be based on the mission setting :j:

There are features in Arma2 now with spawning that can be set to on map click & you can spawn anywhere on a map ... OMG!!!!! Thats stupid!!! GAWD!!!

Well, so far it hasnt ended Arma2 or anything, its just "there if the mission wants it or not".

The point is to think how useful this feature will be in a mission / campaign ... for example you can keep to the same man & squad and have them get dropped crates & supplies or even carry rucks that contain Gullie suits or anything that means they can move to a position, change and then do something else, opens up loads of ongoing possible options for missions and also with weapons too. And again, all down to the mind of the mission/campaign maker to make it gell well and be a stupid or as useful as possible. Plus menu options to "kit out" fully you team on mission entry which I would welcome, gives more control back to mission player even more on what to choose for the team as opposed to just a whole one shot unit selection, or no selection.

Edited by mrcash2009

How about the fact you can now remove your helmet . Let's say you are a pilot that's forced to abandon his downed aircraft and join the fight . Wouldn't you dump that big helmet and get your hands on a more combat oriented one ? I would .

No, I would hack the physics settings and use the Aircraft as a battering ram :)

I'm positive that BI won't limit a mission maker's authority in this matter. I'd imagine that customization will take place in less strict coop and unserious pvp missions to allow players to use the kind of equipment they want without Blessed Ammo Crates of Holding at the start with all the weapons in the world in them.

Reading now hastly through this thread, the most obvious benefit of changeable soldiers gear no one mentioned (altough some wishful thinking is involved):

Different vests/gear = different amount of pouches & different protection = different weight = influence of agility.

There is where i see the strong point: chose what you wear depending on the mission.

If you're about to have a big battle, i prefer something with better protection and some additional pouches to carry more magazines, accepting a malus on my agility.

Or when the focus lies more on stealth factor, something like a Ghillie suit with possible less pouches and less protective but better concealment and agility.

My guess is that BIS is going that way, maybe even further as you might need a special equpment to carry heavy MG magazines and such. I think you get the point.

Since the animation system is reworked, why not taking weight and physical properties of the weared gear (stiffness) into account?

I agree on the crates of weapons and having to gear up so much, would streamline that for sure in certain mission types and online.

I hope weight and stamina are taken into account with the class types, so if you gear up with much heavier gear, let alone ruck context/weapon .. you "feel" it.

All I can think of is from modding POV... you already have base human figure, you just have to model new vest/helmet/LBE/headgears/etc... easier job for the modder, and simpler to reskin. Not to mention less base p3d files and smaller download...

At least thats how I see it.

Other than that, I'm sure the changing uniform thing is mission specific. Just like we have Javelin or XM8 in the armory. If my mission doesnt use them, then you wont have access to them... No need to panic

We also need customizable loads for aircrafts.

Look form the positive side on this improvment when every part gets customize then Bristol/Interceptor or force Shields(because its the future) will stop be only a bitmap but working gear with its own protection stats.

I really hope :-)

And don't worry you will (me:SpiningDemon:) be able to force as mission maker your will on other using your mission.

HELL YEAH! Would be absoloutely amazing...

If they implemented loadout customization on soldiers, why wouldn't it expand on every other model?

For example, civilians now could be more easily armed. Also, they could go from being unarmed to armed and vice versa very easily, so you can a great variety of militants, rebels, etc without the need to have hardcoded different models.

Even soldiers could switch "outfits" and loadouts in the middle of a mission. So, for example amphibious Special Forces can enter a mission from the sea in diving gear. Find a crate and change to a camo uniform, bulletproof vest and helmet. Later on they could go undercover dressed as civilians. A sniper also can don a guile suit only when necessary and not be constantly dressed like a a shrub.

Of course aircraft should have customized loadouts and be reamed with an UI while stationed on an airfield, next to a loading vehicle or a on a ship.

All other vehicles can also have different loadouts which can also change at a base, so you can load missiles, machine guns or mortars on a wheeled or tracked base vehicle.

we have theme already.

Eagelwing shows it.

The Wiki dose show it how to do.

OK not 100% the FFAR or how its named cant be changed but the rest can with no problem.

Sometimes i am asking my self, if you guys even use arma.

we have theme already.

Eagelwing shows it.

The Wiki dose show it how to do.

OK not 100% the FFAR or how its named cant be changed but the rest can with no problem.

Sometimes i am asking my self, if you guys even use arma.

We do, and i've never seen the custom loadout thing. I mean honestly who here has played all the campaigns? I know i haven't...

I think this is a great feature. It makes thing more dynamic. Dont like your gear? Pop that tango and take his clothes. :) It doesnt ahve to be enabled in the campaign, because it would be silly to have OPFOR suit and your mates dont give a crap, but for other scenarious/MP, this rocks. Hopefully you will be able to select every bit of cothing for you.

I'm sure they won't devolve the game to the point where some of you are worried, but it's also not really realistic for every member in squad to choose their every single kit configuration in an operating theater, so I hope there is some restraint from the developers as to the level of customization.

The level of restraint should be completely up to the mission designer. For example, in some serious coop missions and the campaign, it should be restrained to a certain extet, but could set up the level of restraint or not have it at all.

Edited by ziiip

We do, and i've never seen the custom loadout thing. I mean honestly who here has played all the campaigns? I know i haven't...

Not played?

:459:

You shooed play theme immediately.

I did and every one who says he is a Bohemia Fan did it. and who didn't play them and says he is a Bohemia fan is a lier and shod be shoot on sight.

But you did discover your error and you are know capable of doing better, redeem your self.

Why should i play the campaigns when i can play with real people in dynamic missions, aka VTS? I played Harvest Red, wasn't encouraged to play the others.

Arma 2 MP > SP by a long shot

Edited by Innomadic

Hi, im up for the gear customization, including:

- BDU.

- Vest.

- Helmet type.

- Weapon & it's accesories.

You should have as much inventory slots as ammo pouches you choose to put on your vest, double magazine pouches or single magazine pouches, you can put up to five (maybe more) standard 5.56 magazines on a x100 5.56 bullets pouch for the M249.

And carry as much grenades as grenades pouches you've, no grenades pouches = no grenades.

And they should do the disposable weapons be disposable; when i take a LAW-72A6 i don't need to take the cucumber later on IRL, the LAW comes with it.

They should bet for the true realism instead make a weird mix of realism and fictional functionalities; that's what fucks off their games and from there comes more that the 60% of the complains, bitching, dissapointment and stupidity that you see on MP aswell as on this forum. Let's C ya

And carry as much grenades as grenades pouches you've, no grenades pouches = no grenades.

Because grenades only fit in grenade pouches? Let's not go crazy.

It kills realism a bit when you have some person running around with camo that no country uses or every one running around with a scope and a silencer attached to their weapon and i know you can do that in ArmA 2 besides the camo part but atleast you can limit it i hope theres a command in the ammo boxes so you can get rid of certain stuff like in Arma 2

choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.

Bold word, so we can customize our kit, like bullet vest, camo, stuff etc etc??

what, are you gonna war or just do airsoft skirmish??

us-sot.jpg

Notice differences in the uniforms of these men?

some are wearing tri color while the others wear ACU

Hope they add balaclavas in the game.

also, i know its a bit off the point

but i hope they add a feature where if you load a drum mag into a rifle, rather then being the box mag, the drum appears in its place

example, the G36, you can load 100rnd drum mags, but the model of the mag wont change

Guess BIS will also add a option to use only predefined gear + wear. ;)

/* Imagine the time needed to get people to start a mission:

Player 1: "Do you think that color suits my camo face?"

Player 2: "I think you need some more tan and glitter..."

Player 3: "Oh my god, Oh my god - look at my supaweaponz with all kind of coolbro attachments!!"

Player 4: "WTF...OMG...Me want to be a l33t W1rri0rZ too!!!"

Official mp mission start was set to 20:00 - after 2-3 hours beauty and hair styling 70% were ready to go. The rest was perm banned from server... :D */

Btw would be great if the AI could react on geardos...