Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 Officially Announced!

You know looking at the gear of some of the soldiers in the screenshots, it looks like it's actually being worn rather than the vests and carriers looking like their fused with the person. I wonder if this has something to do with the character and weapon loadout feature announced.

....that or BIS' modelling team put some much welcome extra effort and detail into them.

It might be the " choose your uniform feature " . If it allows you to chose more then your camo color or some pre defined kit , I would be happy and impressed at the same time .

It might be the " choose your uniform feature " . If it allows you to chose more then your camo color or some pre defined kit , I would be happy and impressed at the same time .

And finally someone could join a server, choose a "regular" troop slot, sign in to be a pilot and have a new pilot suit instead of "locked" slots.

Or that was viable in A2 already?

Not so much in that way. Depended on the mission and the mission maker's intentions.

On the top right image in the screenshot gallery (the "Powerful artificial intelligence" image) there are a few pieces of rubbish- looks to be paper and possibly a spent casing- and they have shadows....

Nothing special to note, other than all the little things BIS puts in the world for immersion will be that much more in A3. *Sigh* gonna have a sore ass from sitting on the edge of my seat for a year... again. ;)

I don't care if I spend 1000$ on an i7 processor.

Bohemia Interactive Studios... Please, take my money.

well you should wait what 2012 brings us and buy hardware when you have the game.

A year in the PC hardware section is worth a decade in most others.

Edited by PurePassion

A dream come true.

Hopefully it will be in 64bit and using more than 2 cores. ;)

Looking forward to it.

And good luck and lots of inspiration for the upcoming year.

Cheers.

A dream come true.

Hopefully it will be in 64bit and using more than 2 cores. ;)

Looking forward to it.

And good luck and lots of inspiration for the upcoming year.

Cheers.

Arma 2 uses all 4 cores of my cpu

Those soldier models look great, and yes they dont look like they have all their uniforms/gears pasted onto them. :yay:

i just found out a thing: look at this Picture and the possible 70-mm Hydras.

You can see some of them were already shot and some of them are still in the rocket pod.

So this could already mean an small enhancement of this direction

Edited by PurePassion

I've also spotted what looks like a helmet cam... I'm wondering if this will be a functional feature ingame...?

Why dont you use WW2 scenario as the plot of this game?

I've also spotted what looks like a helmet cam... I'm wondering if this will be a functional feature ingame...?

Can you give us a proof for that?

In the photos i have seen, they are just wearing NVG's and flashlights

Yay! Yet another installment for me to purchase.

I'll have to say, BIS really set the bar too high for themselves when they released "resistance" with a bus and bicycle. That shit was amazing back then, hard for them to make such a leap again.

Not the greatest troll in the world are you, Montanaro? :j:

Not the greatest troll in the world are you, Montanaro? :j:

I'm being serious believe it or not.

I remember there was a lot of excitement for those features and it further opened up the modability of the game.

Being able to shoot from multiple positions in a vehicle was a similar jump.

Can you give us a proof for that?

In the photos i have seen, they are just wearing NVG's and flashlights

aye, good point maybe their flashlights then... bummer. was hoping for helmet cams

aye, good point maybe their flashlights then... bummer. was hoping for helmet cams

In the most extreme case that they are helmet cams, and functioning, it would be kinda cool to be in some HQ vehicle "spectating" your teammates.

In the most extreme case that they are helmet cams, and functioning, it would be kinda cool to be in some HQ vehicle "spectating" your teammates.

Helmet cams could be the new spectating mode to begin with. ;)

Just one more week 'til E3. I expect we will be seeing a bit more info then, perhaps even some gameplay videos and/or a trailer. :)

i just found out a thing: look at this Picture and the possible 70-mm Hydras.

You can see some of them were already shot and some of them are still in the rocket pod.

So this could already mean an small enhancement of this direction

Take a look at Arma 3 Offical site, there is a close-up view of rocked pod. Maybe it isn't just a coincidence, maybe it is :icon_twisted: And the warhead doesn't look as Hydra to me, Hydras are usually blue.

Well we are in the year 2025, this could be a new generation of the Hydra family... who knows? ;)

and btw there are lots of different types of Hydra Rockets. The ones you talk about are the the M247 rockets, which have a blue warhead. But there are indeed many different types: M156 Phosphorus warheads, M255: Flechette warhead, M261: High-explosive MPSM etc

so they dont all look just blue.

I think the ones you can see in the picture are exactly the ones you can see here

which would be M261: High-explosive MPSM 70mm Hydras. They look exactly the same ;)

1561135-trollface_thumb.jpg

do you want to add something pettka?

Edited by PurePassion

Congratulations BIS on the announcement. For once I do not look forward to a sequel (I still love Arma 2), but I still look forward to playing the next version anyways.