Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 Officially Announced!

Yes but that doesn't mean they're gonna load up videos and pics for us to see =) But I'm hoping for the best!

The BIS fanboy in me would says: "I'm sure they will release something when they are ready. Maybe they will use the same strategy as they did with ArmA 2. Let's give them time"

The G4M3R in me says: "I need to find more hangover websites ;). Info! Now!"

Mmmmm not quite, from the consecutive games starting with Arma1 press became less and less, I assume the lack of reports is more due to the changes going on in the engine, animation system, water combat, tweaked(new?) shaders, TKOH flight model refining to fit the units, physX tweaking, perhaps even render to texture with optical input *crosses fingers*

If that is the case then it makes sense to be silent in case of bad press both within and outside of the community.

Edited by NodUnit

Maybe BIS will just discuss if they make + put an working distillery on Limnos or develop some hot greek females with special CQB skills? On the other hand a very expensive looking device that makes "bing" could be awesome and ubergreat to look at in A3 too... :D

Google Translation of facebook Press Start Vol. 2:

Our main guest at the 12th First 2012, Martin Vano, Czech developer combat simulation ArmA from the studio Bohemia Interactive. In an exclusive demo of the game visit the new battleground in the game ArmA 3 and, together with Van to look under the hood of the development. Did you know what requirements they place on the professional military war simulators? How to balance realism with entertainment, playing or what the authors had to go through before create photo-realistic terrain? Much more can be found in the interview, which will form the second block's Press Start, Begin IDDQD.

This sounds fairly promising (especially "demo"). I hope it's not just a bad translation though...

This sounds fairly promising (especially "demo"). I hope it's not just a bad translation though...

This site has more than its fair share of Czechs. Surely someone can translate :D

I didn't translate it because there is not much to translate.

KarelMoricky tweeted

"Do not forget to come next thursday to 'Press Start vol. 2', @Martusak will be showing new demos/demonstrations of #Arma3"

the facebook message containg exactly one sentence about arma 3, it is autotranslated correctly

I didn't translate it because there is not much to translate.

KarelMoricky tweeted

"Do not forget to come next thursday to 'Press Start vol. 2', @Martusak will be showing new demos/demonstrations of #Arma3"

the facebook message containg exactly one sentence about arma 3, it is autotranslated correctly

Would be wonderful if the stuff once it´s released would be collected somewhere on here, as I am on very restricted internet right now (due to being hospitalizifizied), so that one can check back on it at a later date.

Anyway, that is good news, even though I´m not very pumped about more techy background info. I want to be immersed in the setting, feel with the characters and loose myself in the world. Not consult graphs regarding specifics of the HDR engine or new sub-contextual integrative tools for multi-threaded storytelling in a post-cryptic market environment. And no corporate buzzwords, please. 8V

Cheerio

Insta

Check this:

"After the June thematic evening of adventure games (which you can read our coverage here ) prepare a graphic designer and game Bohdan Heblík publicist Paul Dobrovsky another part of the regular cycle of Press Start, which aims to dramatically through comprehensive mapping blocks game genres. The second part, subtitled "... it begin IDDQD" which will deal game genre, FPS (first person shooter)...The program includes an interview with Martin Van, developer of world-famous Czech military games Arma 3 of production Bohamie Interactive, accompanied by a comprehensive ten-minute demo of the game

source:

http://25fps.cz/2012/press-start-vol-2/

http://www.pressstart.cz/press/press-start-kit-vol2.pdf

The program includes an interview with Martin Van, developer of world-famous Czech war game 3 of the Arma-

duction Bohamie Interactive, accompanied by a comprehensive 10-minute demo of the game

It would be good if someone filmed it. :D (off-screen still better than nothing)

EDIT: lol google translation. You get the idea. :p

Has the interview and demo happened yet? If so where can we read or see this demo?

Apparently the conference starts at 21:00. I assume that's CET. Not sure when BIS demo will be but the conference runs for two hours. Not sure if we'll even see anything from it unless it's from BIS themselves or theres a devout Arma fan there with a camera.

Apparently the conference starts at 21:00. I assume that's CET. Not sure when BIS demo will be but the conference runs for two hours. Not sure if we'll even see anything from it unless it's from BIS themselves or theres a devout Arma fan there with a camera.

Oh I see so that's about 10 hours away if you measure it off Prague CZ.

Yeah exactly. It actually sounds like a pretty interesting conference from what I've read. Apparently the theme is about FPS and how games have influenced film over the years. If only I was in CZ right now. :p

Hi. Third reply (fb) states that there will be no online video stream :mad:. So we'll have to wait for some twitter message.

Waiting 4 Arma3 ... I feel like a Child waiting 4 Santa!

G'day all, I've just discovered Arma and am looking to purchase the game.

Might sound a bit naive, but what is the latest and greatest version of Arma??

Is it Arma2 or Arma3 (thinking 3, obviously).

But which out of those installments? For example with Arma2, there's 'Combined Operations' and 'Arrowhead' etc....

And where's the best site to download from?

Thanks all for your info.

Click the Banner atop the forums: Sprocket

Combined Ops will give you both Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead (youll want both). If you really want to go nuts -then get ArmaX (all games and expansions combined).

G'day all, I've just discovered Arma and am looking to purchase the game.

Might sound a bit naive, but what is the latest and greatest version of Arma??

Is it Arma2 or Arma3 (thinking 3, obviously).

But which out of those installments? For example with Arma2, there's 'Combined Operations' and 'Arrowhead' etc....

And where's the best site to download from?

Thanks all for your info.

Since you're new I'll help you out. ArmA3 is the latest ArmA in development. As of the end of this year, it will be the latest. ArmA2 is the latest to buy. Operation Arrowhead, British Armed Forces, and Private Military Company are all Downloadable Content Packs for ArmA2. Combined Operations is vanilla ArmA2 + Operation Arrowhead. Reinforcements is British Armed Forces + Private Military Company. Most players use Combined Operations (ArmA2 + Operation Arrowhead DLC). So I'd say buy Combined Operations.

Best site: I don't really know. BIS likes to promote Sprocket. If you have Steam and have some Steam games I'd say go ahead and buy it on Steam (that's what I did), but honestly it's up to you. The one plus side about Steam is that you don't have to worry about keeping up with a product key, and if your computer crashes, you can just redownload your game without having to find a product key and/or rebuying the game. Not sure if Sprocket works this way as well.

Also, there will be an ArmA3 Community Alpha released in June or July, so you can test ArmA3.

Ahh cool, thanks mate.

I just seen that Arma3 is coming out this year, is there an exact release date for that?

Ahh cool, thanks mate.

I just seen that Arma3 is coming out this year, is there an exact release date for that?

Nope not yet, just end of the year for now.

Ok, fantastic. Thanks guys.

Is it worth just playing the free version of Arma2 or would you recommend buying Arma2 knowing that Arma3 is say 8 months away or so?

And if I do buy Arma2 now, you can't kind of trade that in when 3 comes out (like you can PS3 games)??

Sorry guys, I don't play PC games really, I feel bad neglecting my PS3, haha.

Well assuming you've got the qualified rig -I'd get the full game. Game is awesome and even tho Ive had it since Day 1 - I enjoy it now more then ever as it ages like fine wine.