Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 80955

Testing is a part of developing. As long as we don't get paid for testing, it's not our concern.

I'm really thankfull for BIS trying to support their games for long periods but they just should to reconsider the testing methods (if there are any).

They don't have a test team. Beta testers are their test team.

If you don't want to be, then don't test beta, moreover the ones labelled "highly beta"

If you don't want to be, then don't test beta, moreover the ones labelled "highly beta"

Truer words have not been spoken. :)

totally experimental beta
When ever Dwarden wrote this words, you could always exspect a few things going wrong with that build...and that's why testing it is so important. Edited by Beagle

we do have QA team ... you highly mistaken thinking we dont :D

we do have QA team ... you highly mistaken thinking we dont :D
Let me guess, the QA team is YOU and whatever pet you keep under the desk? Can we exspect any work on the A.I. conversation/report system for old ArmA II units and the target specific report on all units in the later betas, or is this only possible with full patch? Edited by Beagle

Some animations such as the grenade throw "awoppercmstpsgthwnondnon_end" (which I use as a hitting animation for zombies) show for only a frame or two and then end suddenly.

The fps/smoothness difference is amazingly good.

You don't have any ideas how software developing works, don't you? :D

I have an image in my head of Dwarden hastilly refactoring random parts of the engine code then releasing them as beta. :rolleyes: Just eager to test new things.

But seriously, what's this?

[79645] New: parameter "angle" for reflectors

New things are great, but it's hardly worth mentioning them if you don't clearly document it. :cool:

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

1. Erm. It appears to be impossible to shoot Drivers and Gunners in some vehicles.

edit: it appears as if the hitboxes of many of the unarmored vechiles is bugged. shooting the gunner on a US ARMY HMMWV kills the driver.

3. Has the BIS first aid module changed somewhat? It seemed to me that some slightly different animations were playing

That's a bit odd. Usually beta releases don't contain any data changes, so these two shouldn't have changed. I haven't tried any of the beta builds myself in a while though, so maybe they started including data changes.

You don't have any ideas how software developing works, don't you? :D

Well, it usually involved the publishers dropping the game and forcing the customers to pay through the nose for DLC after one patch, these days at least - think I prefer this model. They did append the words 'WARNING - Highly experimental beta: install only if you are okay with that' to this beta.

Sadly, I'm still not in a position where I can help with testing this. So, it's great to hear texture loading at distance is improved: how about the real step forward that would be AI warping at distance in MP - improved, as the change notes state?

Why is the hotfix_oa_154.pbo still in the beta? They still contain the unchanged animation data...

€dit: z-fighting when prone is back

Edited by Mr. Charles

These sound promising :cool: .. hope to see multiplayer improves on warping one day

Awesome work...Thanks again BIS! :yay:

"one day"? "Yesterday" would be better... Makes playing as a sniper almost impossible...

Anyway it's getting constantly better and the best of all: CTD are fixed. I just started saving money for the next addon. I hope another map is included. (Even if my girlfriend doesn't get the point of a Takistan map on the wall and has difficulties explaining this to guests. Well, I never liked the oil painting anyway...:cool:)

Just found that weapons finish reloading way before the animations or sounds finish playing.

Edit: Happens only in multiplayer it seems.

Edited by Zipper5

Static units are also not being killed even at point blank range.

Static units are also not being killed even at point blank range.

Yep, same problem. :(

Playing a MP game (Insurgency) the beta keeps running out of memory. Another player (also testing the beta) has the same problem.

Edited by gonk

Bah, forgot to check the memory usage, but it appear that's what happens to me too. Starts with some gentle stutters, grows to extreme stutters where ground appears to be shaking with some kind of zooming action going on (unless in scoped view), finally comes to a halt of 3-5 frames before it crashes on me. I have pretty fragmented memory by now, so I'll try again later with a fresh system.

In Domination (2.57z), killed units up close doesn't play the die animation when I killed them in the base with Abrams commanders gun.

I had some pretty heavy sound mods and blastcore running at the time though.

Hmm, now server kinda messed up too. Couldn't connect with older beta (rolled back). Found this at end of dedi rpt file:

5:37:17 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)

5:37:17 Virtual memory free 1848 MB (1938317312 B)

5:37:17 Physical memory free 299 MB (313823232 B)

5:37:17 Page file free 3240 MB (3398250496 B)

5:37:17 Process working set 2048 MB (2148425728 B)

5:37:17 Process page file used 2063 MB (2163695616 B)

5:37:17 Longest free VM region: 1536749568 B

5:37:17 VM busy 2373582848 B (reserved 160157696 B, committed 2213425152 B, mapped 34500608 B), free 1921253376 B

5:37:17 Small mapped regions: 11, size 69632 B

ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 63 KB).

footprint 2142175232 KB.

pages 16384 KB.

5:41:00 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1515360619): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I have also massive stuttering after I have worked in editor for sometime maybe 1h or less. Also the earlier beta leaked perfomance during editor was open, but now its even much more worse.

Also I had my first "out of memory" ever while playing around in the editor (game).

No crashes, but definitely saw a decrease in performance by ~10%. Also a lot more microstuttering and longer load times compared to vanilla 1.59

I'm also seeing some drop in performance. after about 20min of warfare, framerate dropped down to the single digits, faces disappeared on the soldiers, and some of the buildings/vegetation switched to their low-res textures.

"Performance in cities seems smoother to me, but the invincible static gunners are a bit funny"

And i killed to guys in different situations and they where dead but standing up holding their guns like statues!lol

The same here!

Edited by Grillob3