Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

[CAMP] Blood On The Sand

I've only just finished Blood on the Sand a week ago as my computer wasn't up to it until BIS has improved performance drastically for me (so I could enjoy it properly). Fantastic work Zipper, you can really get that you put a lot of effort into this and it shows.

I'm trying to make a campaign at the moment but I'd be really interested to know (and I'm sure other would) how you developed the plot for both Cobalt and BOTS and how you developed missions to fit with the story? Did you make notes or take inspiration from anything outside the Armaverse?

a question: what are the triggers or the events in Combined Arms that determine the following mission? I used the campaign cheat and saw there are 3 different Tecnology War (with CZ forces) and another one with CDF, which was the one I got.

Excellent campaign. Some comments and observations:

- Any tips on clearing Aziz' compound? I've tried from every approach and eventually get flanked... the geography makes it difficult to pick them off one by one

Bumping this - can someone who has finished the campaign advise?

Bumping this - can someone who has finished the campaign advise?

Patience is crucial. Remember, you've got as much time as you want to work on the compound, so don't be hasty. Lean lots, and bring plenty of frags.

I usually approach from the front gate (follow the main road through the guardhouse past the tank traps - keep the wall on your left). Kick the hornet's nest and see if you can coax a few infantry out the front. Dispatch 'em - grenades are useful if they remain recalcitrant beyond the fence. If memory serves, there is an M113 in there which may or may not come out near the barracks part on the east side. Be sure to either shoot the gunner or AT it into oblivion.

Once nothing moves on the southern side of the compound near the gate, move around the wall to the east, past the barracks area, and clear the north flank. Be careful of dudes in the villa proper firing from the windows. Once you manage to get inside the villa, use every dirty trick you have - shoot guys upstairs in the legs, arms, etc until they are incapacitated, use UGLs if you have them. It takes a bit of patience, but it certainly isn't impossible.

A new version is coming soon, so keep your eyes open. :cool:

I really hope the next version will include the voice acting? :cool:

I'm not sure but it could be that Zipper wrote this before he began working at BI. :D So I'd not be so sure about the voice acting as I know that this is a lot of work! :) But who knows - would be great if he could find the time!

after Operation Cobalt and Blood On The Sand, a new campaign from Zipper5 would be sooooo great!

I think Zipper5 and Sick1 have made the best ones.

:D - who knows: Maybe we'll play some other work by Zipper in Arma 3. :D I don't know in which specific area he works exactly but let's see. :)

I don't know in which specific area he works exactly but let's see. :)

Well, when he's not cleaning the toilets, he's doing some great work on campaign missions and tutorial systems. :)

Best,

RiE

@RoyaltyinExile

what do you mean? new campaigns/missions for ArmA 2 CO? or for ArmA 3? or previous campaigns/missions of ArmA 2 CO?

Well, when he's not cleaning the toilets, he's doing some great work on campaign missions and tutorial systems. :)

Best,

RiE

Send him round to me when he is finished cleaning the BI toilets, I have some cleaning for him to do :p.

Edited by Dirty Haz

Verily, Zipper is employed to make the best of his abilities (meaning the cleaning part, damn he makes those toilets shine). I was stationed next to him to make sure he doesn't do silly things like deathmatches or forum moderation when he's bored. :D

he's doing some great work on campaign missions and tutorial systems.

Hear hear! :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone, glad to see people still enjoying BOTS along with my other work! It's unlikely there will be any updates anytime soon for any of them rather, the next time you'll see my work will be in Arma 3. :cool:

Out of interest: Will you be able/allowed to make your own additional campaigns for A3?

It's very glad to look this campaign!

I had played your campaign:OP cobalt

I'm a Chinese,and I made your "OP cobalt" in Chinese

Hope this campaign can make me happy again.

Last,thanks for your hard working for all ARMA2 players.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, glad to see people still enjoying BOTS along with my other work! It's unlikely there will be any updates anytime soon for any of them rather, the next time you'll see my work will be in Arma 3. :cool:

i am looking forward to ur additions for A3. Both Op Cobalt and Op BOTS are excellent!

Hey Zipper, great campaign mate. Really polished, top-notch work.

I just have a couple of nit-picks. Could you make the dialog text go slower? It changed too fast, I never got to read it all before it would move on.

Secondly, how do you get team member 6 to disarm the IED in the 5th mission? I found the IED (garbage) but can't get him to disarm it. I would think you would just point at it, select team member 6 and choose "Interact" but its greyed out. I know it's definitely the IED because I eventually got frustrated and walked up to it and it blew up.

Secondly, how do you get team member 6 to disarm the IED in the 5th mission? I found the IED (garbage) but can't get him to disarm it. I would think you would just point at it, select team member 6 and choose "Interact" but its greyed out. I know it's definitely the IED because I eventually got frustrated and walked up to it and it blew up.

I ended up putting a satchel charge right next to it and detonating it, destroying also the IED. Don't remember if this marked the objective as accomplished, though.

how do you get team member 6 to disarm the IED in the 5th mission?

Send 6 right to the IED position, very close, then select him and then use the 6 command, and Disarm IED will be available, took me a while to work that out too ;)

Another great mission there Zipper5, the way the battle flows down the valley is awesome!

Wow. Just finished it. This is by far the best mission series/campaign for ARMA I have ever played. Better than the official missions that came with the game in my opinion.

Any plans to make more mate? :)