Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

[CAMP] Blood On The Sand

- Did however have an error on the 3rd cutscene where the guy gets shot by the partisans. He didnt get shot the first time and just stood there. I had to restart the mission and it worked the second time.

Damn, I thought I had fixed that bug. I'll add a fail-safe to it just in case the sniper refuses to fire. (Damn AI, heh.)

On Evacuation, I get to the scene where the Taki Militiaman is about to fire the RPG at the convoy, but he pulls it out then switches back to his AK, causing him to just sit there and for me to have to restart the mission as I can't skip it.

Now that I've never seen happen before. As with the above issue, I'll add a fail-safe to make sure the cutscene continues no matter what he does or doesn't do.

Sorry for there still being a few bugs, fellas. Thanks for the feedback! :D

its here yeahhhhhh.... excellent mission i can tell b4 i even try it,,, love ur Operation Cobalt. now i just need some time to play it, may be i should get a day off just to play it XD

ty for ur time and effort and every 1 work in it... will report back later for bug(which is unlikely) and feed back... big big ty

YOu Released it? Damn I have to finish Team Shadow campaign first.....

But anyhow, congrats on the Release!

Congratulations on the release Zipper. I'm going to give this a try but I need to finish Operation Cobalt first though... :)

possible bug report: After not finding the cache I have to do the mission where i find the militia commander. I do and it ends, but the next one it says the campaign structure is corrupted or something.

In mission pre-emptive strike (no. 4, spec op at night) I went straight for the rebel leader that's tied to a chair. It seems I can't free him, any tips?

The action's definitely there. Look directly at his chair and it should appear. :)

Gotcha, I walked behind the chair and looked down, and voila it works. Ok, he's on the loose, on with the mission... :shoot:

possible bug report: After not finding the cache I have to do the mission where i find the militia commander. I do and it ends, but the next one it says the campaign structure is corrupted or something.

Hi Zipper!

I've got the same bug / crash as TexKaz.

Here are screenshots:

Screen 1 - With the debriefing comes this error message. You can click it away but when you click Continue in the debriefing, the whole game crashes with this:

Screen 2

I'm not sure if it is relevant but I also did not destroy the weapon cache nor did I defuse the IED in the previous mission.

Other than that the campaign is simply awesome!!! :) Absolutely fantastic work!! :yay:

Sorry about that error, guys. It was a rather glaringly-obvious mistake, I'm surprised I didn't catch it before release. :( It's fixed now in version 1.10:

Gamefront Mirror

Armaholic Mirror

(All mirrors are appreciated!)

Changelog:

- 12.05.2011 - 1.10:
- Fixed: error in campaign structure
- Added: ensured that the sniper kills its target in the
  second cutscene
- Evacuation:
	- Added: ensured the cutscene continues

Edited by Zipper5

Thanks for the quick fix. That's what release threads are for. Maybe you can help me out when I release my campaign.

Zipper, are you planning to get this Baby ACE compatible?

There is a little problem in th 5th mission, the insurgency squad that joins you in the final assault is too slow (it came walking isntead of running to the reunion point). I had to wait 10 minutes for them, without knowing it was normal or the mission was bugged, and until they come, the other two groups (at W and N) won't start the assault.

Also another annoying thing... In mission Premptive strike...how do you rescue the guerilla leader? I killed all the guys around him and everything. Yet no movement on his part.

edit: nm, after a while I saw the untie option pop up. Anyways, what is he supposed to do other than get out of the AO?

Edited by TexKaz

I saw this script error occur at the start of Combined Arms mission when the briefing screen comes up:

Error in expression < "BIS_USC130_Crashed";
[objNull, _this, rSPAWN, [_this], {(_this select 0) allow>
 Error position: <rSPAWN, [_this], {(_this select 0) allow>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: rspawn
File Campaigns\zp5_bots_1-10\missions\05combinedarms.Takistan\C130.sqf, line 8

The hash # is on the rSPAWN. I always have showscripterrors on, so I'm sure most people would never notice :D

Interesting, that's actually the same script BIS used to spawn their own crashed C130 in the Operation Arrowhead campaign. I'll see if the error's fixable.

I did an experiment on my end, re-pbo'd your campaign and the error went away. In mission 05combinedarms, in the init.sqf, I put these 2 lines at the top:

waitUntil {!(isNil "BIS_fnc_init")};
waitUntil {!(isNil "BIS_MPF_initDone")};

Which will force the MPF and BIS functions to initialize first. I'm not sure if the MPF line is needed, but since the RE call is part of the MP framework, thought I'd toss it in there ;)

When I ran it in the editor preview mode, holding down shift to get the briefing, I never saw the error, probably because it takes longer in editor mode, so the initializations have more time to complete.

Anyway, not a big error. Putting the waitUntil at the top did resolve the error when I restarted the mission in campaign mode.

Edited by AZCoder
clarification

First missions were looking promising. Tight and OFP like.

However Combined Arms is simply annoying. It's utterly unrealistic (nobody will send a squad of mere 8 people against a whole takistani zerg).

I alone got to like 30 kills and even with scavenging (which shouldn't be happening right away in a well balanced mission) my squad was constantly running out of ammo.

And then when another 2 squads of enemies incl. Takistani army just attacked the last village I simply turned it off.

The balance is really bad.

Hm, when attacking the village you should have American armor (from the east) and a CDF mechanized infantry squad (from the north) supporting you. Did they not join you in the attack?

However, the outnumbering of you in the part before the village is intentional, as the area was just swept by American armor (mission takes place immediately after the OA mission "Pathfinder") and Takistani Militia forces spontaneously moved in to "fill" the gap left by the decimated Takistani Army defense that was there. It's meant to be a surprise that there are that many Militia forces. :)

I apologize for the difficulty, but although it may be unrealistic, playing as an outnumbered force, I find, leads to some of the most tense and engaging gameplay. I hope you persevere through it nonetheless.

Edited by Zipper5

I suppose he had the same problem as me, Zipper, read my post in the previous page. He didn't wait for support, surely.

In the other hand i had the opposite problem in the Rasman mission. Was pretty cool and inmersive with all that action, but i hadn't to do ANYTHING, the allied forces are so numerous that stomped the enemies.

I suppose he had the same problem as me, Zipper, read my post in the previous page. He didn't wait for support, surely.

Little tid-bit of news: a better solution has been implemented for having the guerillas join you on that attack if they're needed. It shall be in version 1.20. :)

Hm, when attacking the village you should have American armor (from the east) and a CDF mechanized infantry squad (from the north) supporting you. Did they not join you in the attack?

If you are talking about the village after the crashed plane then I didn't get any assistance.

However, the outnumbering of you in the part before the village is intentional, as the area was just swept by American armor (mission takes place immediately after the OA mission "Pathfinder") and Takistani Militia forces spontaneously moved in to "fill" the gap left by the decimated Takistani Army defense that was there. It's meant to be a surprise that there are that many Militia forces.

It's a surprise all right but the logical thing in this case is to at least call for support and try to survive until it comes (you do have an american fireteam and a humvee back at the base - you could've used this to add to the "plot" a bit - like "oh shit! we didn't expect so much resistance, help help!").

Because otherwise it quickly turns into a shooting gallery.

I apologize for the difficulty, but although it may be unrealistic, playing as an outnumbered force, I find, leads to some of the most tense and engaging gameplay. I hope you persevere through it nonetheless.

It isn't the difficulty. The area is mostly empty so it's about popping enemy heads as fast as you can from the distance. It's just that after killing the 30th enemy just by myself it feels like not much thought was put into a mission - providing difficulty by just throwing waves and waves of enemies at a player.

Zipper, are you planning to get this Baby ACE compatible?

I play this with ACE and so far I havent had any problems.