Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

What if big announcement is that one of the BIS devs is getting married lol.

His best man is ex SBS and his honeymoon is on a greek island lol.

:)

Cheers

GC

And the actual marriage is on the H.M.S. Astute? :icon_rolleyes:

What if big announcement is that one of the BIS devs is getting married lol.

His best man is ex SBS and his honeymoon is on a greek island lol.

:)

Cheers

GC

Then we shall crash the wedding. Sh it this is going completely off the topic now. We still have to wait 6 or so hours. So painful :(

Nope, they mantioned the Astute cause it will be her Captain who will office the wedding, you know, he's a far distant nephew of Captain Stubbin, from the "Pacific Princess"

Licensed from BIS for their own development project. It's a mutual agreement you can find proved over on the PR:ArmA2 forum topic.

Here's the post outlining the agreement

Bed Time, by the time i check my computer tomorrow evening, all this arguing and speculation will be ended or confirmed.

ah, i see now.

It won't be ARMA3's release announcement!

Because there are and will be many important MODs coming into ARMA2.

Only if BIS want to announce the ARMA3 or new engine plan, but it means years of time!

I want a more powerful engine, but I want a stable and constant game platform much more!

Edited by msy

It won't be ARMA3's release announce!

Because there are and will be many important MODs coming into ARMA2.

Only if BIS want to announce the ARMA3 or new engine plan, but it means years of time!

I want a more powerful engine, but I want a stable and constant game platform much more!

Something tells me BIS won't be basing their business decisions around what you want.

I would prefer an Arma2 expansion too, but just because Arma3 is in the pipeline doesn't mean Arma2 loses its value, or that it won't recieve continued support.

Something tells me BIS won't be basing their business decisions around what you want.

I would prefer an Arma2 expansion too, but just because Arma3 is in the pipeline doesn't mean Arma2 loses its value, or that it won't recieve continued support.

ArmA3 would be a better idea commercially speaking. "Ten years after the original Operation Flashpoint, Bohemia Interactive Studio announces its new sequel of the series...". And happy birthday, BTW :cool:

Edited by ProfTournesol

ArmA3 would be a better idea commercially speaking. And happy birthday, BTW :cool:

Thanks. :)

And I agree.

1. It won't be ARMA3's release announcement!

2. Because there are and will be many important MODs coming into ARMA2.

3. Only if BIS want to announce the ARMA3 or new engine plan, but it means years of time!

4.I want a more powerful engine, but I want a stable and constant game platform much more!

1. really? you are aware the talk is about an announcement, the release could easily be delayed another...say 1year?

2. as if they care all that much

3. read 1 again

4. don't we all? I still don't see the relation between one (BIS announcing their work on a new title) and another (the continuous support for the existing product)

PS: i seem to gave gathered some people love around here, no question about it :)

ArmA3 would be a better idea commercially speaking. "Ten years after the original Operation Flashpoint, Bohemia Interactive Studio announces its new sequel of the series...". And happy birthday, BTW :cool:

I agree. The amount of money BIS would be spending on attending E3, surely they will be showing more than just an expansion of ArmA 2... (Along with Carrier Command & TOH). So I'm thinking it's A3.. :)

Only a few hours to go.. :yay:

If it's really ArmA3 I hope it will get brand new engine, otherwise... we will struggle with tons of bugs from the beggining.

If it's really ArmA3 I hope it will get brand new engine, otherwise... we will struggle with tons of bugs from the beggining.

LOL

brand new engine as in what? A licensed one, or some other RV iteration BIS has been working one (allegedly)?

ohhh, btw, bugs have nothing to do with the game engine, but with the amount of tests one product undertakes

Brand new is just brand new, not buyed from other devs.

Brand new is just brand new, not buyed from other devs.

So, let me get this straight: you think if BIS created a brand new engine from scratch, it would be less buggy than a new iteration of RV?

LOL

brand new engine as in what? A licensed one, or some other RV iteration BIS has been working one (allegedly)?

ohhh, btw, bugs have nothing to do with the game engine, but with the amount of tests one product undertakes

This.

To release A3 anytime soon without a full backward compatibility would be a non-sense.

So, let me get this straight: you think if BIS created a brand new engine from scratch, it would be less buggy than a new iteration of RV?

he got you in the trap dude! a buggy engine is one that doesn't work. afaik A2 works quite fine on my end :). 99.9% of the bugs in BIS games have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the engine.

HB! have a good one btw!

Past 10 years I've played only OFP,ARMA, CIV and GTA... I hate games like COD, BF, Crysis etc I've tried those but comeone, there is One word for those... CRAP!

Past 10 years I struggle with exactly the same bugs, despite I love this product you can really piss of after so many years suffering and struggle.

Bloody hell it's fuc** 2011, we need damn physics, thundering sound and v.good optimised engine which was tested as it should be. I don't want to get product which is unplayable like was with OFP, ArmA1 and ArmA2. Don't you remember how devs relese urgent fixes after game premiere?

I don't want to die anymore on bloody bikes, have a head bug or stuck in the rocks ect, ect..

I know that was fixed, but time shows that bugs which was fixed return like a boomerang.

5H12min ;)

I would prefer if BIS would choose the way the DCS Devs took with their A-10 Game. Go for an Open Beta half a Year before the actuall release. I think this would really help to get the game stable before releasing it, and might change the "Arma is always buggy on release" reputation it now has

Past 10 years I've played only OFP,ARMA, CIV and GTA... I hate games like COD, BF, Crysis etc I've tried those but comeone, there is One word for those... CRAP!

Past 10 years I struggle with exactly the same bugs, despite I love this product you can really piss of after so many years suffering and struggle.

Bloody hell it's fuc** 2011, we need damn physics, thundering sound and v.good optimised engine which was tested as it should be. I don't want to get product which is unplayable like was with OFP, ArmA1 and ArmA2. Don't you remember how devs relese urgent fixes after game premiere?

I don't want to die anymore on bloody bikes, have a head bug or stuck in the rocks ect, ect..

I know that was fixed, but time shows that bugs which was fixed return like a boomerang.

5H12min ;)

I think this is a bit harsh. I have owned each of those titles since their release day and neither of them has been unplayable for me.

Bugs will appear in any game title from release version. But the amount of bugs has a lot to do with the hours you can afford to squeeze in the budget for testing.

If/when ArmA 3 hits the shelves it will not be bug free, I hope you realize this? Still it would be another great game from BIS, I have no doubts about that.

And hmm..."thundering sound" ? Please tell me you are not talking about the booming bass sounds from a COD M4 for example?

I would prefer if BIS would choose the way the DCS Devs took with their A-10 Game. Go for an Open Beta half a Year before the actuall release. I think this would really help to get the game stable before releasing it, and might change the "Arma is always buggy on release" reputation it now has

I'd say hand out a beta key for all pre-purchases made on Sprocket.

There are two types of players :) one sees bugs as barriers, one sees bugs as obstacles. Obstacles can be moved around, barriers cannot. :)

That's my theory anyway :)

NTRUDER;1927534']I think this is a bit harsh. I have owned each of those titles since their release day and neither of them has been unplayable for me.

Same as me. I always enjoyed those games and simply worked around the stuff that doesn't work properly.

Funny to see the usual patterns of behavior - when there's nothing to do but wait, the bickering begins :D

And hmm..."thundering sound" ? Please tell me you are not talking about the booming bass sounds from a COD M4 for example?

I don't ever remember sounds from COD, I didn't finished this crap.

But did you download any good sound mod to ArmA? Try one and you understand.

Do you want to compare sound with some real guns, please whatch movies of this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/FPSRussia#p/u/21/8O_bHR3BmTY he is testing lot of modern guns.

Also cars, APCs, Tanks, helicopters and jets also have poor sounds.

I'd say hand out a beta key for all pre-purchases made on Sprocket.

YES! Please!!! I would love that!