Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I think it's funny how the last few hundred pages has been about Arma3 or Outera, or other engines, etc...

What does any of those have to do with all the clues? We have totally disregarded all of the clues and this whole p8h8 thing and started getting ourselves hyped about arma3 and that other stuff that had nothing to do with all those clues. The clues have been about people and places and timelines and history, not about game engines.

If it is Arma3, what does the clues have to do with it? And if it is 3, you will all be disappointed to find out it will still be months if not years before you can get your hands on it.

So from the clues, why would it mean Arma3?

To me it would seem like whatever they have been building up the clues to would be something they would release in the near future. Or why bother hyping us up at all. If it was 3 I would guess they might say they have started working on it, then when they have a release date, then they would promote it like this. That's just my opinion.

because putting so much time and effort into an ARG only to announce an expansion pack would be nonsensical considering neither arrowhead nor any of the DLCs received such extensive hype. so logically, such hype can only really be justified for a sequel to the ARMA genre.

in addition, a new arma sequel seems to emerge every 3 years as ARMA 1 came out in 2006 and arma 2 in 2009. assuming this ARG is building up to an announcement at E3, that would likely place ARMA 3 for release in 2012, right on schedule.

obviously this ARG is detailing on the scenarios and storyline that could happen in ARMA 3 without explicitly stating the actual game which allows for speculation interest to gradually build up to E3 on the 7th june.

its marketing 101

Why would it be ridiculous? Your missing 2 points. Putting Reinforcements on a disc = more $ for BI. Besides people that couldn't DLC it, how many people bought the DLC also bought Reinforcements? ALOT. You forget the point of this entire game. Make money!

Second, they don't need to screw around with BAF or PMC anymore. So there will be no more Reinforcements reloaded. It will be entirely seperate.

If you look at the clues:

Maybe the next expansion for Arma2 will be "Guerillas". There was alot of mention to that in the clues.

You guys really think it wouldn't make sense to hold up RFT's release for another DLC?

Do you seriously think releasing RFT April 1st then announcing a third DLC only 1.5 months later really makes any sense? If anything, they'd delay RFT to include all three DLCs. Which is why people are convinced this isn't a DLC....

As to wether it's an expansion, I'd say the signs are pretty obvious it isn't. (Hinting at a physics engine, hinting at a 477 sqr. km. map, hinting at naval warfare) and this also applies to people who think the "clues" have nothing to do with ArmA3, are you serious? You can look at the clues in a multitude of ways that would fit with a new game. Clue about Miller and his SBS unit = that could be the main pro/antagonist, clue about ball hitting wall could mean a new physics engine implemented into the game, clue about submarine hints about underwater simulation, several clues about Greece ending with a final "hack" that shows a specific picture of a strategic Greek island that looks perfect for ArmA gameplay.....

I'm convinced it's gonna be an ArmA3 announcement tomorrow with a release late 2012. Take my soul BIS.

I don't think anyone is saying that it's another expansion for certain. The current argument here is whether or not there is sufficient evidence to believe that RFT was the last expansion they will make for ArmA 2. Of course, you read the thread so you understand that, right?

because putting so much time and effort into an ARG only to announce an expansion pack would be nonsensical considering neither arrowhead nor any of the DLCs received such extensive hype. so logically, such hype can only really be justified for a sequel to the ARMA genre.

its marketing 101

Arma 2 Never recieved such an extensive hype

Neither did arma 1

Consider both were sequels to OFP and Arma 2 was Armed assaults Sequel

I think it may be a whole new expansion

Just like arrowhead but completely reworked physics etc

But im also open to the possibility it could be ArmA3 None of us will know for another 13 hours 30 minutes!!!!!!!!

I guess if creativity is lateral thinking, this must be unilateral thinking ^_^

Identify a rhetorical end and create premises to support it.

Don't bother it's just PuFu and his magical quest to end alleged ignorance in the world. Quixote at least wasn't blind.

Feel the urge to say some words about logic, but I will keep it to myself.

Here is my point of view to this whole topic:

For the announcement of Take On Helicopters BIS tested our interest (and maybe abilities) in solving puzzles. This wasn't an ARG though, because there was no story but just the puzzles. This was quite successful and so they could start their ARG (which probably was already nearly completely planned looking at the scope of it) to introduce their announcement that we will see in a few hours.

The clues we got with the ARG are quite random:

*strategic map of europe

*Astute submarine

*pictures of Scott Miller

*animation of a ball destroying a wall

*lot of references to Greece

*Seeker.exe giving date of birth of Scott Miller (and historical events)

*places and years of rebels?

*picture of airport in Lemnos (Greece)

These clues doesnt directly lead to ArmA3 but definately fill the scope of a full game. But the new domain owner of arma3.com being BIS and the youtube channel right before the announcement date is quite a hint. So I would be very suprised if the announcement is not about ArmA3. It will be interesting to see what stage of developement they are in though. Will they announce that they started working on it or that they will release it this year. Furthermore we probably get enough information of the story and engine to make sense out of all the clues that were given during the ARG.

In the end we cant be sure about anything until we saw the announcement.

Don't bother it's just PuFu and his magical quest to end alleged ignorance in the world. Quixote at least wasn't blind.

Glad its not having any effect on you :)

Just for clarity's sake, I was supporting what PuFu was saying about the conclusions some people are coming to.

BI is letting the PR devs use the British forces DLC for PR arma. think that has anything to do with it? prolly not but its really cool.

No worries, for one to be sceptic about some whishfull thinking is the position I try to sustain, even if one feels sometimes tempted otherwise.

What I am not going to do is to break anyone's bubble just for the sake of it, specially in a matter as "Arma: what next?", specially because I might just turn out to be wrong, specially because I like to be welcoming to, as you put it "lateral thinking".

BI is letting the PR devs use the British forces DLC for PR arma. think that has anything to do with it? prolly not but its really cool.

Uhm...last i read, those where their own models.

Uhm...last i read, those where their own models.

Licensed from BIS for their own development project. It's a mutual agreement you can find proved over on the PR:ArmA2 forum topic.

Here's the post outlining the agreement

Bed Time, by the time i check my computer tomorrow evening, all this arguing and speculation will be ended or confirmed.

Edited by Big-Rooney

As so many players mationed that maybe the clue of the near coming ArmA3 from Navida news and so much puzzles. But personally speaking, I think I have to update my computer if it is really the news of ArmA3.

The possibility of the announcement of expansion pack 2 will be more than the development on ArmA3 because I don't think it's so necessary for BIS release ArmA3 before they make ArmA2 perfect, I don't think it's necessary to start developing ArmA3 until there's no more market on ArmA2. ArmA2 vanila, OA, RFT and its DLCs are still profitable at present though I don't have enough statistics to support my view. Furthermore, there's still no other military games as the same type of BIS simulation can exert enough competition to ArmA2. Operation Flashpoint Red River by CM has been totally moved to recreational military game. All players who love realistic warfare experience will all gradually stick on to BIS series, so there's also not necessary to develop ArmA3 stratigically.

I just believe that this time the possibility for BIS release a standalone expansion pack like OA will be the most. DLC is not likely because BIS seldom release betas during this period of time so we can conclude that it might be a big program that developers do not have enough time on patches.

Every latest announced DLCs or expansion pack always connect with each other and there will be some relationship with the current globle issues in high-tension areas.

Vanila is the conflict in Georgia, OA is the war in Afganistan, BAF, ACR and KSK are the US NATO alliances. PMC is the blackWater company in Iraq, so the next expansion pack should have some relavation with PMC. Iran forces will be added to OPFOR side and BIS will still choose middle east to be the map, I don't think there will be some Chinese elements in it but I guess there might be some skirmishes occured in AUE between PMC and Iran terrorists. But what confused me is why BIS wanna to show something about Greece, will it be a smoke shell?

Good luck to the next comeing expansion pack!

nothing to do with this?

http://www.battle.lv/m.php?id=13532&m=videoinfo

obviously i know of pmc but not "Proving Grounds".

Proving Grounds is a map that comes with PMC that uses 'experimental technology'. Given that their ARG was quite landscape or setting intensive I'd imagine that it has something to do with new terrain technology.

Dont have time to sift through thread, so i'm not sure if this has already been identified.

He's right, do a traceroute on the domain Arma3.com and it goes back to
Whois (IDN Conversion Tool)

Express

DNS Records (Advanced Tool)

Network Lookup

Spam Blacklist Check

Convert Base-10 to IP

URL Decode

URL Encode

HTTP Headers SSL

Email Verification

81.0.236.117 is from Czech Republic(CZ) in region Eastern Europe

TraceRoute to 81.0.236.117 [arma3.com]

Hop(ms)(ms)(ms)

IP AddressHost name

1 0 0 0 206.123.64.150 xe-4-1-0.jbdr2.dallas.colo4.com

2 0 0 0 64.124.196.225 xe-4-2-0.er2.dfw2.us.above.net

3 0 0 0 64.125.12.46 above-telia.dfw2.us.above.net

4 39 39 39 213.155.130.64 nyk-bb1-link.telia.net

5 128 128 128 80.91.247.128 hbg-bb1-link.telia.net

6 212 160 140 80.91.246.131 prag-bb1-link.telia.net

7 139 139 139 213.155.131.65 prag-b3-link.telia.net

8 140 140 140 213.248.104.90 casablanca-ic-119661-prag-b1.c.telia.net

9 140 140 140 81.0.192.30 mlc.vl98.cas.ip-anywhere.net

10 140 140 140 217.11.224.235 swh2.cas.ip-anywhere.net

11 140 140 140 81.0.236.6 assigned-81-0-236-006.casablanca.cz

12 140 140 140 81.0.236.117 ws1.bistudio.com

Trace complete

Retrieving DNS records for arma3.com...

DNS servers

ns1.bistudio.com

ns2.bistudio.com

Answer records arma3.com

SOAserver:f1.bistudio.comemail:hlavac@bistudio.comserial:2011051701refresh:10800retry:3600expire:604800minimum ttl:864003600sarma3.com

A81.0.236.1173600sarma3.com

MXpreference:0exchange:smtp.bistudio.com3600sarma3.com

NSns2.bistudio.com3600sarma3.com

NSns1.bistudio.com3600s

Authority records

Additional records ns1.bistudio.com

A81.0.236.1173600sns2.bistudio.com

A81.0.236.1053600s

Whois query

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and Registrars.

Results returned from whois.joker.com:

domain: arma3.com owner: - - organization: Viktor Mrnustik email: regie@centrum.cz address: Husova 16 city: Karlovy Vary state: -- postal-code: , 36017 country: CZ phone: +49.11111111 admin-c: CCOM-1728066 regie@centrum.cz tech-c: CCOM-1728068 regie@centrum.cz billing-c: CCOM-106933 dom-reg-joker@ignum.cz nserver: ns1.bistudio.com nserver: ns2.bistudio.com status: lock created: 2009-08-21 10:00:45 UTC modified: 2011-05-18 12:17:09 UTC expires: 2012-08-21 10:00:45 UTC query-source: 67.222.132.193 contact-hdl: CCOM-1728066 person: - - organization: Mrnustik, Viktor email: regie@centrum.cz address: Husova 16 city: Karlovy Vary state: -- postal-code: 36017 country: CZ phone: +420.776040162 contact-hdl: CCOM-1728068 person: - - organization: Mrnustik, Viktor email: regie@centrum.cz address: Husova 16 city: Karlovy Vary state: -- postal-code: 36017 country: CZ phone: +420.776040162 contact-hdl: CCOM-106933 person: Robert Prokes organization: IGNUM, s.r.o. email: dom-reg-joker@ignum.cz address: Vinohradska 190 city: Praha 3 postal-code: 130 61 country: CZ phone: +420.296332211 source: joker.com live whois service query-time: 0.060629 db-updated: 2011-05-19 02:17:57

This info has only just recently changed it takes 24-48hr to properate a domain (move) onto a new DNS.

Not yet going on arma3.com and hitting f5 every 2 mins :P

There is none, and you should have got used to this sort sort of...logics(?) in this thread by now.

No worries, you are not the only one who is :butbut: about this neuronal phenomena

Evidence is overrated on these forums. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I think people here just see/read what they want to.

I say we halt topic until announcement in a few hours time? yeah?

Or do you want to continue speculating and go off-topic. Who cares now. We have all the facts, just wait out.

I say we halt topic until announcement in a few hours time? yeah?

Or do you want to continue speculating and go off-topic. Who cares now. We have all the facts, just wait out.

+1 and open it with like 10 minutes to go, Don't want to read through too much

Yep it appears all roads lead to A3...

F.U. gonk, thats a sweet spot. Got my shit eatn' grin on now and it's gona kill me to lose it if we're wrong. See ya round ;)

and then to A4 and A5 and etc and etc, i hope ;P

What if big announcement is that one of the BIS devs is getting married lol.

His best man is ex SBS and his honeymoon is on a greek island lol.

:)

Cheers

GC

What if big announcement is that one of the BIS devs is getting married lol.

His best man is ex SBS and his honeymoon is on a greek island lol.

:)

Cheers

GC

Well in that case he will be getting married in 7 hours... or it might be an announcement of something completely different!!! :D