Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

was about to suggest it a while ago, but thought it sounded too unlikely

What is the single thing that would change the world of ArmA forever, having said that it's already a near-perfect Universe to dwell in?

It was established earlier in the thread that it was a Peloponnese Slow Worm (Anguis cephallonica). A species of slow worm native to Greece

http://www.euroherp.com/species/Anguis_cephallonica/ <-same pic as in the hacker's file.

I guess BIS are showing off some of the new flora and fauna that will be on the terrain for this project. There are snakes in VBS so it's not much of a stretch for them to add these, and BIS tends to put flora that is native to the region their terrain is modelled after.

I remember one of BIS' staff requesting the community for pictures of a certain type of tree's bark for Takistan, that was native to the regions of Afghanistan that Takistan is based on (was some sort of nut-bearing tree IIRC). All for the sake of authenticity.

Personally, I'd LOVE a Mediterranean terrain to play on.

Thank you, good work.

And the longer this goes on the more it feels like we're heading toward an anouncement of Arma 3 (I don't expect a release anytime soon).

Okay...this is scary....whois for arma3.com:

domain: arma3.com

owner: - -

organization: Viktor Mrnustik

email: regie@centrum.cz

address: Husova 16

city: Karlovy Vary

state: --

postal-code: , 36017

phone: +49.11111111

admin-c: CCOM-1728066 regie@centrum.cz

tech-c: CCOM-1728068 regie@centrum.cz

billing-c: CCOM-106933 dom-reg-joker@ignum.cz

reseller: Domena byla registrovana na www.domena.cz.

reseller: Domain registered at www.domena.cz.

reseller: © IGNUM, s.r.o.

nserver: ns01.dns-online.cz

nserver: ns02.dns-online.eu

nserver: ns03.dns-online.info

created: 2009-08-21 10:00:45 UTC

modified: 2011-04-20 04:33:12 UTC

expires: 2012-08-21 10:00:45 UTC

query-source: 62.2.195.66

Google search for Viktor Mrnustik:

http://www.doew.at/php/gestapo/index.php?c=detail&l=de&id=7644

dude, you've been spamming this thread with a lot of links and other stuff that is unrelated (such as all the links to homepage of news sites)

1. Are you aware than AAN site is managed by BIS?

2. Read the forum rules, that image is 600K +

2. Have edited the picture...

1. no, juste the new on home's page in right colone in css propriety is different that other (I don't know is a hack)

but in other page et in my memorie the right colour of the background is blue not yellow !

Dude !

New on home page as highlighting ... why ?

Ok, this is all I've got from this new set of clues.

1) Boot. It's the boot of a Greek presidential guard soldier (Evzones)

2) Web page with 1821 on it. 1821 being the date when some battle thing happened and the Evezones uniform was first recognised as the Greek national costume.

3) A name of a flower that is protected by "presidential" decree.

4) A slow worm. Found in Britain, endangered species, and like the flower, also protected under law.

5) Statue, looks like Zeus, I dunno

6) MP3, sounds like someone giving an order in Greek, not sure.

Think I'm going to stop trying to solve these clues soon. It's fun but I'm too tired of searching through the thousands of junk posts for a little hint of information that may be helpful.

Edited by Bulldogs

"the world will change"?

I was thinking and writing a few hundred post earlier about this.

We get BAF and Czech units in chenarus with all feathers of oa (open buildings lasers).

Maybe even the USMC broth to OA standard and Russkis too.

This would be the most efficient way for BI to get a new DLC out.

The map is existing the units are there.

Making Mediterranean theater new maps flora and fauna means lot of work and money put in,from a Company side watch at this don't make sens.

But maybe its only wish of mine(hey you guys talk bout Physics, I about a updated chenarus) I love chenarus, green lots of water and I hate this dusty dry brown hot fuck hole takistan and every thing in that kind.

In the suggestion forum many ppl where asking about that.

This marketing gag is like the PMC one and as far I remember they did not tell any one about new engine features but where focusing on story/background.

Mediterranean area is not so green, some places are quite dry and parched brown even if there is the white of limestone cliffs and the dark blue of our sea.

climbing_les_calanques.jpg

Edited by Old Bear

I am also wondering if BIS would reveal its plans if we finally made the correct guess or will they let us wait for ages still...

not loggin for aan-online need ...

but now only to new was highligth ...

I tried the AAN Login and entered email - nothing sent. Tried the username Miller and 'forgot password' option.

cj

Myke;1918350']'This page was last modified 04:34' date=' 1 July 2010. '

Although odd i would say it's unrelated and more likley being just a typo.[/quote']

Actually a few mins ago when I first follewed the link there was nothing more than this:

'texHeaders.bin File Format (ArmA3)'

then suddenly the other stuff appeared

Actually a few mins ago when I first follewed the link there was nothing more than this:

'texHeaders.bin File Format (ArmA3)'

then suddenly the other stuff appeared

because first link was bad - it didnt have last ')'

its abundantly clear that BIS would not mount such a big marketing campaign for yet another DLC or even an expansion, if they are there will be alot of rather dissapointed fans.

besides look at the timeline, arma 1 was released in 06/07 and arma 2 in 09. if anything we are way overdue on a sequel assuming on average that an announcement would often be made about 2 years prior to release.

in addition, indicators such as the little physics gif, the prominent mention of a nuclear attack sub as well as inclusion of chenarus, greece and the fact that the 'hackers' are persian suggest that not only would arma 3 feature radically different engine but the theater of war will be HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!

better start saving up for a new PC, we all know BI engine changes can be very traumatic for our older rigs :P

where's the connection with this thread?

Paranoia.

I get a bad feeling this will go on for another week till the 16th; 42 hours in-between the events does seem like a lot, people can't keep the attention span from imploding. :yay:

easy aan-online.com

http://aan-online.com/ch.html

show the link of the f-16 :j:

aan-online shows alot of news from other sites, this F16 looks like real, dont bother trying every url from aan, waste of time