Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Yeah I understand that and I regardless I have my doubts that it will be an ArmA3, I just get confused sometimes why people would want it so soon seeing what great stuff we already have, ya know?

Nature of the Beast, mate :) we always want more :D

Just a quick question as I may have missed the answer. The picture of the snake has been identified as a Slow Worm according to the wiki, but I can't see a link to Greece like all the other clues in this hack.

Are we certain we have identified it correctly?

It may actually be a Glass Lizard, which is a similar creature found in Greece. Might just be another clue pointing to that country.

maybe the Greek and Persian thing has a different meaning.

Greek and Persia hate each other or rather Greek and turkey still argue about Cyprus island.

Like a old grumble or it means something is unfinished.

work not yet done.

we shouldn't go to the obvious the "hackers" say think different.

Well, even if BIS announces Arma 3 today, it would probably still take 2 years until it will be released.

The effort, BIS has put into this ARG seems to be too much for a simple new DLC...

maybe the Greek and Persian thing has a different meaning.

Greek and Persia hate each other or rather Greek and turkey still argue about Cyprus island.

Like a old grumble or it means something is unfinished.

work not yet done.

we shouldn't go to the obvious the "hackers" say think different.

That also came to my mind, but BI has never used real countries conflicts in their games so far.

Edited by NeMeSiS

That also came to my mind, but BI has never used real countries in their games so far.

USA?

Russia?

:p

USA?

Russia?

I should have said real conflicts. :p

USA?

Russia?

Armies, yes, but not locations/islands.

:EDITH:

and you forgot Brits, Czech, Germans....

It may actually be a Glass Lizard, which is a similar creature found in Greece. Might just be another clue pointing to that country.

It was established earlier in the thread that it was a Peloponnese Slow Worm (Anguis cephallonica). A species of slow worm native to Greece

http://www.euroherp.com/species/Anguis_cephallonica/ <-same pic as in the hacker's file.

I guess BIS are showing off some of the new flora and fauna that will be on the terrain for this project. There are snakes in VBS so it's not much of a stretch for them to add these, and BIS tends to put flora that is native to the region their terrain is modelled after.

I remember one of BIS' staff requesting the community for pictures of a certain type of tree's bark for Takistan, that was native to the regions of Afghanistan that Takistan is based on (was some sort of nut-bearing tree IIRC). All for the sake of authenticity.

Personally, I'd LOVE a Mediterranean terrain to play on.

Myke;1918304']Armies' date=' yes, but not locations/islands.

:EDITH:

and you forgot Brits, Czech, Germans....[/quote']

I am lacy.

Russia is a direct neighbor to chenarus i thing there is even a small part in far north that belongs to Russia xD ta ta tuuuuum.

Yes not as stage but the conflicting parties they use real country's.

So a old conflict gets hot on a old or even new stage?

Toulouse is showing by 12 nav ....

is france A380 field ?

That also came to my mind, but BI has never used real countries conflicts in their games so far.

Didn´t we have the south Ossetia conflict briefly after Arma 2 was announced? Arma 2 came to my mind immediately when this conflict arose... i thought Bis was some kind of fortune teller... :)

It was established earlier in the thread that it was a Peloponnese Slow Worm (Anguis cephallonica). A species of slow worm native to Greece

http://www.euroherp.com/species/Anguis_cephallonica/ <-same pic as in the hacker's file.

I guess BIS are showing off some of the new flora and fauna that will be on the terrain for this project. There are snakes in VBS so it's not much of a stretch for them to add these, and BIS tends to put flora that is native to the region their terrain is modelled after.

I remember one of BIS' staff requesting the community for pictures of a certain type of tree's bark for Takistan, that was native to the regions of Afghanistan that Takistan is based on (was some sort of nut-bearing tree IIRC). All for the sake of authenticity.

Personally, I'd LOVE a Mediterranean terrain to play on.

Or the Snake is a hint for poison sneaking or even biblical for sin, seduce to something evil?

Or the Snake is a hint for poison sneaking or even biblical for sin, seduce to something evil?

it´s not a snake... it´s a lizzard without legs.. some people may regard it as a snake though..

Thats Chernarus. Isn't it?

yep, looks like the castle near the main airport in chenarus but its summer.

devils castle or something don't know how its name

yep, looks like the castel near the main airport in chenarus but its summer.

"the world will change"?

Change of seasons, or of the laws defining said world?

was about to suggest it a while ago, but thought it sounded too unlikely