Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

This engine has been brought up here before

"Outerra is a unique 3D rendering engine, a world rendering engine capable to seamlessly render whole planets from space down to the surface. It can use arbitrary/varying resolution of elevation data that it further dynamically refines using fractal algorithms. The fractals try to mimic natural processes, generating fine, believable terrain with high resolution. The world is also being dynamically textured and populated with vegetation using predefined land type material sets and the computed terrain attributes."

Fuck yea

yes it is there in the nvidia list!!! Busted!!! .. lol

yes it is there in the nvidia list!!! Busted!!! .. lol

Yeah it´s fkn true. :D

don't think vbs content has any bearing on the clues being presented.

Still that ASCII picture has me stumped.... it looks like Tasmania... About time we taught those Tazweeguns a lesson... lol

Arma 3! homerrunningincircles.gif

Now the next puzzle will probably be suckers NVIDIA was in on the gag the next release is a rodents of Chernarus DLC.

No new trademark, so best case scenario is expansion - seeing that Operation Arrowhead or any other expansions/DLCs is not added to this list.

Well, considering this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/hacker.gif

(a ball that breaks a wall)

and the NVIDIA game profile..

I am guessing CUDA, Physx and other dynamically destructible environments and particle systems..finally entering the world of ArmA 3.

Now find me a higher illusion to fall from :) I am the king of tears :)

Another pic of the ARMA 3 thing in the Nvidia driver control panel:

2yyqy2r.jpg

I think this was originally posted on these forums somewhere...

Ha, I posted that 2 weeks ago. And do you think I could drum up any excitement ? nope...lol, just a bunch of sceptical moaners, more interested with how they(nvidia) got the name wrong :D

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1905668&postcount=213

Omg....

I cant believe it....

Ah, now i need to find a normal job to buy myself a new pc=(

But....It is amazing....I hope that is true...

Well, considering this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/hacker.gif

(a ball that breaks a wall)

hmm could be... that would explain the difference in ppl's emails.. But I would of thought it would of come with a frame number so we can stitch it back together...

That definitely looks correct that gif...nice find

Edited by gonk

that first picture with the Chinese Letters of 波斯 "bo si" means Persia if its to any revelance.

*And in fact, I dont believe this is a hack, its just a silly game BIS is playing with us for there new expansion on something called "Iranian Borders" so ive heard from IGN.

So your believe me know dark? not so gullible after all haha

Im probably the only person here that would be disappointed if it is ArmA3, having just bought BAF and PMC, and Arrowhead only a year ago..

Personally I would rather see another large expansion (OA style), with some physics changes, rather than my entire Arma 2 liberary being superseded by something else, then having to buy similar addons for that.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Fonz

;1916767']Im probably the only person here that would be disappointed if it is ArmA3' date=' having just bought BAF and PMC, and Arrowhead only a year ago..

Personally I would rather see another large expansion (OA style), with some physics changes, rather than my entire Arma 2 liberary being superseded by something else, then having to buy similar addons for that.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Fonz[/quote']

Announcing they're working on ArmA 3 won't stop support for ArmA 2 nor will it be released soon. My guess, if it is ArmA 3, there'll still be a 1-2year wait. Plenty of time to hook into BAF and PMC :)

Right. ArmA III after all that DLCs and still issues unfixed and TakeOneHelikopters announced would be annoying...redering ArmA II practically abandoned just a few weeks after last Standalone release. (RFT) THAT would be really annoying. Thats just what happened to me in 2009 buying a new car and the facelift and refit came out only 3 month later leaving me feel driving an outdated model now just 3 month after purchase.

Edited by Beagle

;1916767']Im probably the only person here that would be disappointed if it is ArmA3' date=' having just bought BAF and PMC, and Arrowhead only a year ago..

Just my 2 cents worth.

Fonz[/quote']

I feel the same way because then we have to wait years for all the nation's mods to be made again like the German,French, Italian etc and some of those teams have since broken up like the German one if I recall. I'd much rather have an expansion for Arma 2.

Abandoned? OA has been out nearly a year, announced long before that, and vanilla Arma 2 still gets support.

That said, if whatever is another expansion that merges into what we have, all the better. Unless it was a huge leap in terms of the engine, then I'd come to terms with it in about half a second. :)

As far as "Iranian Borders" would that have been the Iranian Forces mod? That is user made, not BIS.

Edited by Baron von Beer

Announcing they're working on ArmA 3 won't stop support for ArmA 2 nor will it be released soon. My guess, if it is ArmA 3, there'll still be a 1-2year wait. Plenty of time to hook into BAF and PMC :)

This.

Matter fact I'd be f*c*ing thrilled if I knew those crafty little BI elves were hard at work on a new and improved engine while I sleep, work and play.

GUys, first of all it wont be released soon.

Second , even after the release(if it's arma3) there will be very large numbers of ARMA2 players.

I stopped to play OFP only 2 years ago, and as far as I know there is still some action online.

Matter fact I'd be f*c*ing thrilled if I knew those crafty little BI elves were hard at work on a new and improved engine while I sleep, work and play.

Agreed completely. All I want to know is that a group somewhere, in the vast new BIS company are hard at work on a new engine and ArmA 3. I don't care if it's scheduled for release in 2014, as long as I know they are working on it, and that it will be amazing! :)

GUys, first of all it wont be released soon.

Second , even after the release(if it's arma3) there will be very large numbers of ARMA2 players.

I stopped to play OFP only 2 years ago, and as far as I know there is still some action online.

Did you recently tried to find a decent ArmA II server...it's all OA now...so I don't see that positive. Armed Assault was practically dead in late 2009 exept maybe for some hardcore modded servers, but dead for casual vanilla gamers.