Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Does that Admiral Ackbar or Ackbar Home Security have a place in the Armaverse already?

R = Mark Reynolds

http://www.aan-online.com/en/europe/28-radayev-extradition-approved.html

American intellegence officer, Mark Reynolds, coordinated the border-spanning investigation in the Green Sea Region.

Mr Reynolds has garnered a formidible reputation for success across numerous investigations in the region, most recently completing a controversial report on the slaying of a top Chernarussian geologist in Karzeghistan, which saw Private Military Company, Black Element, cleared of any professional neglect.

Mr Reynolds was not present at the hearing today, but is expected to give evidence in the future; however, The American Embassy in Novigrad praised the professionalism of Czech Special forces, which they described as 'key to the operational success of the investigation':

Does anyone know what island this little picture on the ION homepage is from?

f77h3hi86s2jcaiib2x.jpg

Never mind, I found it :smile:

But why the chinese i just dont get it.

WHy they dont use one of the already known Fractions.

Edit: I like russian.

And why wouldn't they team up. Iran has oil. Needs weapons.

@Areobat

St. Pierre thats city on Malden or Everon i dont remember.

In the ION press page it's mentioned Vrana company as in AAN site. Vrana's boss is St. Pierre anything familiar with this name?

Otherwise...those info about relationships between China and Vrana fuel the idea of a Chinesee expansion..I hope in central/western Europe :D(I always dreamed to have France, Germany, Italy exc..in ArmA2)!

are you shitting me?

it's the town in OFP CWC, in Everon island if i remember it. God, the good old days...

OK so a point goes to who thinks that the (probable) incoming expansion it's in occasion of the 10° anniversary of OFP CWC...and so I hope that it would be in europe :D! With european NATO forces instead of the US ones..

Not sure if this was checked already (quite the hefty thread already), but if I am not mistaken, 07/06/02 is July 7th 2002.

Nothing of note seemed to have happened on that date: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_2002

June 6th 2002 says: A 32-foot meteor explodes in the airspace west of Kashmir, raising fears that misidentifited meteor explosions could spark a nuclear war.

Not sure if this was checked already (quite the hefty thread already), but if I am not mistaken, 07/06/02 is July 7th 2002.

Nothing of note seemed to have happened on that date: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_2002

June 6th 2002 says: A 32-foot meteor explodes in the airspace west of Kashmir, raising fears that misidentifited meteor explosions could spark a nuclear war.

O,O! That's interesting O,O!!

July is the 7th month ;) so. That would be 07/07/02 in the format you thinking. Its either not a date at all, or its 7th June 2002, or 2nd June 2007. Or at a stretch(big) 6th July 2002.

July is the 7th month ;) so. That would be 07/07/02 in the format you thinking. Its either not a date at all, or its 7th June 2002, or 2nd June 2007. Or at a stretch(big) 6th July 2002.

You're rght XD!

pipe down boys, OFP's 10 year aniversary is still kinda far = June 22 (if i'm right), so before that BIS gonna make us suffer...

pipe down boys, OFP's 10 year aniversary is still kinda far = June 22, so before that BIS gonna make us suffer...

Yeah it was just a supposition :/...maybe they will announce the expansion when they'll gve us a solution of this fact..and probably the expanson will come out in June...

And the careers page's job IDs seem unusual.

Well spotted. Unfortunately, the job ids were a clue in a previous ARG and probably have nothing to do with this one.

pipe down boys, OFP's 10 year aniversary is still kinda far = June 22 (if i'm right), so before that BIS gonna make us suffer...

I think that would be around the same amount of time as between the announcement of Arrowhead and the release... God I really hope this is a new full expansion.

Yeah, my bad on the date. But nothing on 6th of July, or the 7th of June.

If OFP's anniversary is in a 2 months, that seems spot on for starting a marketing campai... I mean a hacker attack. Gives time to build up expectations.

Given the 10 year anniversary of cold war crisis is soon, what better way than with CWC II - "Fortress Europe". Including some more Euro maps and content such as a sub. Maybe Iran plus millitant Eastern groups from Takistan etc join forces to push West, with a Western power annexing Scandinavia and leaving the UK and Iceland in the hands of the Americans. As per the map, Africa is left to the Chinese, who need its resources.

Who shall I make the cheque out to ? Mr Marek Spanel . . .

cj

Jusr a few pages back . . .

It is Miller!!!

Enter it instead of "thecode" in the URL!

Can't believe I was actually right :yay:

We did get much more notice than this for Operation Arrowhead, but I suppose the reason for the short notice could be for the surprise or something else.

Unless they plan on releasing it only in the general time frame of the 10 year anniversary, not on the exact date.

Edited by bobtom

That really depends on how big the upcoming project is and the sort of marketing BIS want to give it.

This particular ARG appear to be part of a project reveal aimed squarely at the community so like you say, it wont be dragged out for months. However if the project it is set to reveal is in fact a significant new BIS product to coincide with the 'tin anniversary' of CWC; they'll want to build up press coverage for people outside of the community at a later date, and developing such a wide 'buzz' takes far more time. These 'mind games' are obviously no use in marketing a BIS product to anybody outside the community - they're for our enjoyment, but that's not to say it's the only marketing that will be done for this product.

Obviously it's equally likely that it's not related to the 10 year anniversary, or a 'big' release on the scale of say, OA. It might just be a small DLC, and be released sooner than June; which as you said, would be more appropriate than dragging it out for months (though IIRC the reveal of BAF was a good few months before it was released).

Can't believe I was actually right :yay:

Yeah, i couldn't either (after entering loads of combinations... yet I don't know what that word exactly means, since english is not my common language...).

BTW thx for beeing a genius! (another forum hero or BI spy :p )