Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Any guys that said they were close to the 1st images shown are you going to check the scene of the photos of possible area actualy going to go and recon the scene as there was some talk about it and its now the weekend

Read, mate. Also, nice sentence. Better yet:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14153

Or, even better:

http://armaenigma.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

"The World will Change"

Is this a reference to the Armaversum changing? As in the green sea region of operations expanding? Or BIS moving to a fact based map rather than a fictional one?

Or could it be that the terrain engine for Arma is going to change? We are already aware of a large South Asian terrain being developed for TOH, possibly using a different terrain engine.

We are all keen to see a "terrain-streaming" system in ARMA 2 so we don't have to see the "edges" of maps.

Alternatively, this could simply be a reference to their current story... an invasion by Iranian/Persian/Chinese forces - probably fictional countries based around these factions.

These hackers are REAL.

This isn't some joke BIS is doing on us...

Joke, right?

These hackers are REAL.

This isn't some joke BIS is doing on us...

If it was real BIS would have tightened security after the first attack and prevented the billboard pic, and they would have clearly said "This was not us" on ArmA2.com, it's obviously an ARG by BIS

EDIT: And this thread would have been closed ages ago

Edited by ArmAriffic

We have been given 3 clues:

1. Map

2. Submarine

3. SBS Operator

Where are you getting this SBS operator from? I can't see any reference to it?

If that turns out to be true, then this is either going to be a really uninteresting naval DLC, or a much larger/interesting expanison. IMO.

I would prefer an E2 more then DLC 3 or A3, A3 means new engine and I won't be able to run it

Edited by ArmAriffic

I would prefer an E2 more then DLC 3

like everybody

Anyway, as I live near of one of the most important naval bases in spain, I would be particularly interested in maritime warfare simulations so an expansion that deals in warships, subs or anything related would be top (IMO)

Well I'm fairly sure it's gonna be interesting otherwise BIS wouldn't be making it right? ;)

Also nice summary MaddogX!

Hopefully it will all get a bit more clear in about 5 hours. :P

I would prefer an E2 more then DLC 3

EP2?DLC3?

I expect the Game 3.

If that turns out to be true, then this is either going to be a really uninteresting naval DLC, or a much larger/interesting expanison. IMO.

Don't forget that any major naval forces introduced to ArmA 2 would require significant upgrades to the game engine. Which could lead to driveable carriers (really long shot here) and also larger one-piece-models possible. As you know, the LHD @ Utes consist of several part, duct-taped together ingame. ;)

dont know why but all this reminds me of this trailer

EP2?DLC3?

I expect the Game 3.

i REALLY doubt BIS would go that way before they finish Take ON, so that they can implement their engine upgrades safely into a new game...but well, one is allowed to dream on

The best thing they could do for the game is give a completely overhauled animation system, first person cover system, similiar to the one in the new ROHOS and a completely The current one isn't all that bad, but is a massive immersion breaker. A new ai wouldn't hurt aswell, but that's fixable with mods. Instead of just making dlc's that don't improove the game in any way.

Instead of just making dlc's that don't improove the game in any way.

PMC introduced proper working shotguns for the first time, as well as an ingame video playback feature.

Edited by Zipper5

Hopefully it will all get a bit more clear in about 5 hours. :P

Why five hours?

Why five hours?

I believe that's when the next hack is due.