Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

A lot of people think the code is a cypher and not related to youtube. Try going to youtube and entering a random 11 digit code. Try changing the numbers or letters in one of those codes. Each time you'll get no results.

Basically guessing a correct youtube code is 1 in a million, so the fact that all 3 codes happen to exactly corrispond with 3 youtube music clips can't possibly be a coincidence.

i guess you have a point,...i just dont see what the links are relevant to yet...

maybe the links could still be part of a cipher (they used the links to make up the cipher, and maybe whatever we get from youtube is what we need to decode the cipher)

thats kind of a stretch but still..

There are millions (billions) of videos on YouTube. Why is it so hard to believe if you divide a bunch of characters into the length you want you get a valid link? There was 0 hints that the hack has any relation to YouTube, someone just took a wild guess. Why YouTube, and not some MegaUpload URL or some other obscure site with randomly generated URLs.

All the 'numbers games' people play is also going too far. It's like the numerology conspiracy theorists. Everything can be translated to a number and vice versa. There is so many 'coincidences' when you deduce everything to numbers it's silly to look into it further IMHO.

Each time, the hints, and AAN have pointed us in the right direction... nothing leads to YouTube or external sites.

I believe PHB8 found hidden content on ArmA2.com and they're telling us if we put in the correct URL we'll find it too. It's probably going to lead to an image with the same background as the "thecode.jpg". Therefore I think the hidden characters need to be resolved into a single word (ie: it's not a username/password thing). Case sensitivity on ArmA2.com is irrelevant, and special characters not usable in a a URL can be ruled out as well.

I believe the correct term is 'fusking'. Grab a fusking program, put in all the keywords you can think of from ArmA2 series and all the hints we've seen so far. I would bet the 'code' is either a person or codename for a project/operation (eg Operation "infiltration" or something). Only problem is configuring your program so it ignores the redirects on invalid URLs.

P.S: I think the magic eye code is vital. Are all the numbers/letters 100% confirmed, and triple checked? Is there a way to photoshop the image to get 100% reliable results?

Edited by Freeborne

i wonder why thecode.jpg is shaped the way it is, im sure it has nothing to do with the hunt or anything...just curious why they did that...

looks like it's covering another image. Basically a white box with text pasted over what they probably want us to find.

looks like it's covering another image. Basically a white box with text pasted over what they probably want us to find.

but the blue part is all jagged, like someone made a really hasty selection in PS, and then that blue part is covering the green part. theres also a little speck of black thats just pixels

Has anyone tried using the 9 numbers matrix as a substitution code for the letters above?

I mean, adding numbers or letters to the letters above depending on the number written below

0 0 1
6 9 0
7 5 9  

Ran auto-level on the image and removes all the white glare. Then it looks like the white page is hiding a face or maybe a nuclear explosion.

Has anyone tried using the 9 numbers matrix as a substitution code for the letters above?

I mean, adding numbers or letters to the letters above depending on the number written below

0 0 1
6 9 0
7 5 9  

i dont think that will work because there isnt enough rows in the bottom part, usually, in some ciphers each number equals a letter, 0=A, 1=B, all the way to 26, and then you start over, once you hit the end.

for the youtube theorists, does this code

0 0 1

6 9 0

7 5 9

produce a 4th youtube link from the link code

i M R

3 G U

c V E

E T k

d Y J

a V I

M A C

6 q v

y n b

4 I o

I'm thinking this because camouflage_4.jpg has a 4 :confused: , 4 sites hacked and we are missing 4th row on the cipher another link my have a clue

I'm thinking this because camouflage_4.jpg has a 4 :confused: , 4 sites hacked and we are missing 4th row on the cipher another link my have a clue

It was stated that the _4 has nothing to do with the quest. It was renamed by their CMS. And all files have exactly the same MD5 Hash so they're exactly equal (at least we can assume that 99%).

0 Y u (that's a zero)

i M R

3 G U

c V E

E T K

d Y J

a V I

M A c

6 q v

y n b

4 I o

(blank space)

0 0 1

6 9 0

7 5 9

11 LINES

3 PER LINE

33 CHARACTERS

3 LINES WITH NUMBERS

+9 NUMBERS = 42 CHARACTERS

Upper Case:

YMRGUVEETKYJVIMAI (17)

Lower Case:

uicdacqvynbo (12)

Numbers:

0,3,6,4 (4)

2 or more letters:

2x Y

2x M

2x V

2x E

2x I

2x c

Hopefully this will point someone in right direction to an answer for us all

Edited by Freeborne

It looks like matrix encoding to me. Sadly, I haven't decoded anything similar since Maths C in grade 12, a total of 7 years ago. :(

Any maths whizzes out there?

EDIT - I would assume that BIS have decided to be friendly and given the decoding matrix as the last 3 x 3 matrix.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

ok, another probably useless theory:

maybe the code has to be key in with certain input program? or in certain languages?

I was guessing that it might be related to Chinese, but there are a least 10 different Chinese input systems...

Edited by Lugiahua

@Trenchfeet : the _4 in the picture Armaholic is hosting is added by Foxhound as a kind of tag during publishing process, he has stated this some pages before.

Compare to the _1 shown in Armed Assault.info published pic, this _1 is a part I must add to get the picture showing on site.

So the name of the file/pic is "Camouflage" and further analysis has shown it's the same picture, so the 4 figure is not having the sense you are trying to underline.

Edited by Old Bear

@Trenchfeet : the _4 in the picture Armaholic is hosting is added by Foxhound as a kind of tag during publishing process, he has stated this some pages before.

Compare to the _1 shown in Armed Assault.info published pic, this _1 is a part I must add to get the picture showing on site.

So the name of the file/pic is "Camouflage" and further analysis has shown it's the same picture, so the 4 figure is not having the sense you are trying to underline.

You admins who are in on this better keep clear, just look at what happened to poor UnuldorCZ with the accusations and shake-downs! :p

this is already know

i think we need to call a hacker group...

but why use Chinese word?

Maybe next will be The PLA passed Iran to attack Europe...

Ok, this is my guess..

this is already know

i think we need to call a hacker group...

Hahaha don't get tooo serious about it, remember it has PR written all over it. So don't get any strange id's :D

but why use Chinese word?

Maybe next will be The PLA passed Iran to attack Europe...

Ok, this is my guess..

well i was thinking of this to what if they will get a new conflict but the US and Russia will not involved i mean maybe China will be the Power and the new opfor side will be referred to Persia? But the war will rage on European soil ah buggers im just awake can't think strait ;-)

Edited by KBourne

It looks like matrix encoding to me. Sadly, I haven't decoded anything similar since Maths C in grade 12, a total of 7 years ago. :(

Any maths whizzes out there?

EDIT - I would assume that BIS have decided to be friendly and given the decoding matrix as the last 3 x 3 matrix.

Seems like a Hill Cipher to me. Although, it is WAY too late for me to be reading up on how to decrypt it. Maybe somebody who knows more about Hill Ciphers can input on the matter.

hi... i found some lines (i think, arent they too much straight for coincidence?) ... http://unuldor.ic.cz/arma/hackedno_a.jpg ... can somebody please recheck the orig camo in Photoshop? ... i think my boss is watching me :suspicious:

Great find. Theres a couple I think you missed, I see 1 or two in one of the V's on first glance

Edited by WackyIraqi

hi... i found some lines (i think, arent they too much straight for coincidence?) ... http://unuldor.ic.cz/arma/hackedno_a.jpg ... can somebody please recheck the orig camo in Photoshop? ... i think my boss is watching me :suspicious:

whoahhaha working heavy huh :p loool but good thinking, anyway don't lose your job m8 would look silly on your dismissal papers. ArmA Addict :D

Edit: i worked a little on it to sorry i have no steady hand need a smoke :p http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac313/Tvertne/hackedno_ab.jpg

Take the new one the blue was not really a good id so i re edit it with red http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac313/Tvertne/hackedno_a_Updated.jpg It still might have marks that i did not find i keep looking ;)

Edited by KBourne