Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

It's been 3 years... game released 2009...

I'm voting on new campaign!

2 years. It's not 2012 yet.

@ryguy you meen 2 years right?? because if it was 3 years ago it would have been 2008.

EDIT: To slow :)

I think we must go deeper! Inception Style! :D

the 10 year anniversary of OFP CWC is upon us, and we have no idea whats going on...

If they announce ARMA3 then the subsequent thread will make this one look like someone was asking how to place a group in the editor...

If it isn't game 3, I hope it is a NON-STANDALONE expansion pack. Let's not split the community in 3 more sections.

Like OFP, either you had Resistance or you didn't. There was no in-between aswell.

How long 'till the next hack?

"when it's done" :D

:EDITH:

Oh, sorry, for a second i thought we were in addons discussion section. ;)

The countdown on the wiki is also reset.

EDIT: Argh ninja'd!

Thanks,

tbh, since I started contemplating about what this could be, I'm looking forward to this like it's some kinda early christmas. I just hope I'm not over-anticipating here.

Yeah, the danger of getting over-excited is pretty high. I just hope BIS can deliver on what they've been building up to so far. :)

there will always be the one who will moan and bitch, even if they had no real expectations

I expect something for Sunday. Everyone seems to take their guard down expecting something on Monday, so what better time than Sunday for "real" hackers to strike.

Then again, they said they're watching, so just by writing this they may change their mind! *paranoid*

Nobody knows :butbut:

trust no one...

Edited by WackyIraqi
fixed quote tag

Wow it really is getting bigger and bigger, every hack is more or less a different tier.

But people must really limit their excitement because you WILL be disappointed.

Off topic:

All the talk of new game and old 'Game 2', made me go back and look at those old screens. I remember being amazed at the graphical realism and getting so excited about this 'next gen' prospect. Looking at them now, and.... lol.

http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/ofp2/ofp2gallery.htm

And one of the physics shots http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/images/ofp2_20050520_14.jpg

Edited by SAbre4809

Call of Duty appears "every year" because two studios are developing the games. Technically, a Call of Duty title takes 2 years to make. Not 1. And 2 years is about the industry standard ;)

BI is no standart developer.

And if BI is going mainstream and fueling generation retard. I am out.

I am sure im not the only one.No Dlc no futer products from BI.

Generation retard has to many games killd.

Arma is far away from being good but you see the love for details, loots of work put in and konstand progres.

With the Mainstream rail this will all end.

Support ends.No SDK becouse there was no time develop it or the engine was licensd from some else OR YOU DONT WANT TO SHOW the copetion how it works.

We see it every day how the industry works, and how the development product costs get higher and content/playtime gets shorter.

no thx as a gamer.

I rather buy two BI games/DLC than one mainstream BI game.

this is my opinion.

BI is no standart developer.

And if BI is going mainstream and fueling generation retard. I am out.

I am sure im not the only one.No Dlc no futer products from BI.

Generation retard has to many games killd.

Arma is far away from being good but you see the love for details, loots of work put in and konstand progres.

With the Mainstream rail this will all end.

Support ends.No SDK becouse there was no time develop it or the engine was licensd from some else OR YOU DONT WANT TO SHOW the copetion how it works.

We see it every day how the industry works, and how the development product costs get higher and content/playtime gets shorter.

no thx as a gamer.

I rather buy two BI games/DLC than one mainstream BI game.

this is my opinion.

Why do you think BIS would just churn out any old shelf filler if they made a brand new game? I'm sure they'd maintain their same high standards whatever they did. Such are the benefits of not being under a publisher's thumb!

Wow it really is getting bigger and bigger, every hack is more or less a different tier.

But people must really limit their excitement because you WILL be disappointed.

Off topic:

All the talk of new game and old 'Game 2', made me go back and look at those old screens. I remember being amazed at the graphical realism and getting so excited about this 'next gen' prospect. Looking at them now, and.... lol.

http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/ofp2/ofp2gallery.htm

And one of the physics shots http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/images/ofp2_20050520_14.jpg

I can swear I was amazed by these screens back then....Now it looks like OFP with FFUR mod.

I wonder if BI will try the EA route - no more hard copies, digital release only?

They have a platform for it, and it would make them independent of publishers.

Also, post #3000 on this thread!! :D

Just in case someone would like to search for more burried info's in the "frame emails", i have put them together in a single txt file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/hacker_mails.txt

No particular orders, not edited in any way, just copy/pasted as i received them. The file is anonymized, no mailadresses are in there, just the mail text.

what is on us is from us
The poem, where is it, is an English version available, all I can find is this:
A Squash vine grew beneath a towering tree.

In only twenty days it grew and spread and put forth fruit.

Of the tree it asked: 'How old are you? How many years?'

Replied the tree: 'Two hundred it would be, and surely more.'

The squash laughed and said: 'Look, in twenty days, I've done

More than you; tell me, why are you so slow?'

The tree responded: 'O little Squash, today is not the day of

reckoning between the two of us'

'Tomorrow, when winds of autumn howl down on you and me,

then shall it be known for sure which one of us is the most resilient

In a way its a comparison of BIS to other devs, or OPF/ARMA series vs other games, long lasting appeal.

OT again: Nostalgia purposes, http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/

I can swear I was amazed by these screens back then....Now it looks like OFP with FFUR mod.
I know right?

EDIT:

From a BIS press release way back

The year is 2010 and the world has changed. Heightened tensions around the globe have created a need for military operations to ensure ongoing stability. As part of an international coalition contingent, your team is deployed to locations in Europe and Asia.

This will be Game 2 cont.. :p /jk Edited by SAbre4809

The poem, where is it, is an English version available, all I can find is this:

In a way its a comparison of BIS to other devs, or OPF/ARMA series vs other games, long lasting appeal.

OT again: Nostalgia purposes, http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/

I know right?

EDIT:

From a BIS press release way back

This will be Game 2 cont.. :P /jk

There were also suggestions that "Game 2"'s campaign would be run as an ongoing war with your squad or tank etc. being assigned tasks on the fly, though with some of those being inetgral to a story (think that was in a PC Gamer Article).

That evidently came to be Warfare mode though I think the intention was for it to be a a more integral part of the game. Perhaps if this is the build up to ArmA 3, this concept will be revived?