Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Then why are they going to all this effort? 289 pages for a DLC? What's the point? They didn't do it for BAF or PMC, so why should they do this now.

If this isn't an expansion then this whole project of a thread is really bizarre.

Very good point.

I assume its there motto? not an actual text of info

Yes but it hasn't translated particularly well. Perhaps someone who speaks Persian could produce a smoother translation.

If this isn't an expansion then this whole project of a thread is really bizarre.

BIS are bizarre, that's what makes them awesome.

I don't understand why you guys are getting angry at BIS for this... They aren't making you solve anything or even visit this thread, if you don't like it then sit on your ass and wait for the announcement, but don't ruin it for the rest of us.

100% Agree,

If they’re going to release a new game(or dlc) in e.g. one month (just an example) you won’t see it until then anyways. And without “hacks†you’ll just sit waiting for the new in game screens or game play vidz.

But with hacks we've got what to do while we are waiting. And no one force anyone to search for clues and solve puzzles.

For me it ok to wait until 19th of may. Sure curiosity is killing me but what can you do...=D

zippers e-mail said which of us is our apparently.

in persian not farci

Persian and Farci = same language=))

Edited by Yegor

If you read the arabic letters left to right they say "Tsam Tsam paste hack generator" in farsi.

Myke;1916352']Although the anim was already done' date=' here another version of it. Thanks to everyone who forwarded their mail to me.

[url']http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/hacker.gif[/url]

You email addresses are going to be deleted to protect your privacy.

We need to put this anim on wiki, Nice job!

Edited by Yegor

Myke;1916352']Although the anim was already done' date=' here another version of it. Thanks to everyone who forwarded their mail to me.

[url']http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/hacker.gif[/url]

Very good!

I think, destroy or break the wall ... is a message:

>> 1989 (Berlin The Wall) is very hot. >> End of cold war!!

When did BIS announce Operation Arrowhead last year?

When did BIS announce Operation Arrowhead last year?

Actually it was 2009.

EDIT: August 24th 2009, to be exact.

Bullet. Upcoming they will support OpenCL 3.0 hardware acceleration.

also ATi Havok claimed to support it.

dunno how consistent/reliable.

How about all enterable and partially destroyable buildings for chernarus. Like in Takistan? :D I doubt tho...

The preverious hacks were much more interesting and deep, this one got cracked pretty easily, or are we missing something? Maybe the haji writing leads to something, or there's a lot more hidden in the ASCII texts.

The preverious hacks were much more interesting and deep, this one got cracked pretty easily, or are we missing something?

Only the proper translation for the farsi text.

You sure that there's no hidden words or something like that in the email texts? Looks way too easy now.

You sure that there's no hidden words or something like that in the email texts?

Fairly. Feel free to scour the past pages for hidden text in the emails though. I can't be arsed. ;)

I too think that the one was too easily solved, considering how much harder the last hacks were. This makes me assume that it has no relevance to physics at all and we are missing something much deeper.

...at all and we are missing something much deeper.
Exactly. Seems way to easy and not interesting like the other hacks.
I can't be arsed.
Neither can I nor have the time. Just thinking out loud, maybe someone will try it.

but, what if we right, maybe the next will be even lighter... imagine you had to think of so manny puzzles...

The others were also fairly straightforward, with the exception of #1, which doesn't seem to have a real "solution" per se.

In fact, I think it was "overthinking" things that caused the most problems while getting to the solutions. Remember the whole "matrix encryption" thing yesterday? Then it turned out it was "simply" YouTube videos and timecodes all along?

I would be very surprised if we found any kind of deeper meaning in these ASCII images.

But the older hacks actualy took some time and did have a deeper meaning. This one got cracked in under a hour or something? What the time was when someone figured out it was a ball taking down a wall? And we found a map from the first one. A submarine and a possible campaign or whatever plot from the bilboard. From the third one we found Miller and what we found here? a ASCII animation of a ball taking down a wall... It can mean anything and there must be some hidden meaning or lead to another, seems way to easy and uninteresting.

... easy and uninteresting.

Agreed.

Military related clues are a lot more interesting than a reference to the physics behind a ball hitting a wall.

Edited by Fonz [UK]

It can mean anything and there must be some hidden meaning or lead to another, seems way to easy and uninteresting.

Exactly. The submarine didn't take too long either and that meant basically nothing, until we found the Miller page's SBS reference. So we might have to be patient and wait for the next hack until we fully understand this ball wall thing.

looking at the gif image myke posted of the wall being destroyed, i think of the destruction shown in "Game 2"

Like I said, feel free to scour the data we have for some deeper meaning. No one here is stopping you. I just don't believe you will find anything.

Some puzzles have to be easier than others.