Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Its not bullet physic.... its destructible environment.

It wouldn't seem authentic at the moment to suddenly break the chain of hacks by saying "oh yeah, the next content package will have physics"

Well, we are pretty sure that BIS is hinting at a new product. When you announce a new product, you give a list of features, story, any information that you want your customers to know.

The whole hacker scheme is giving out these hints in small games. So why not technical aspects, too ? Besides, we know a lot about the story already, so I wouldn't think that turning to technical information is inherently wrong at this point.

Of course, I might be totally wrong, too :bounce3:

I am sorry for over posting, but I've read into the puretext website, and it seems the software only strips away formating on the text so I guess it's not the software.

But I really can't see that this is a coincidence. The subject of the e-mail was pure text, a google search for it gives the webadress http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext and the last hack gave us the name miller? It's rather unrealistic that all this is just a coincidence, don't you all think? What about the other software pieces steve miller has made, anything useful for this purpose?

http://stevemiller.net/apps/

The ball breaking the wall could indeed mean physics improvements, but its not very in-keeping with the other clues.

There have been walls in the past that have been very significant when theyve been broken..

Hitler's Atlantic wall

The Berlin Wall

Also china has a pretty big wall too ;)

And there have already been clues leading to their involement in this.

Fonz

Here is mine:

.,..`
                              .,,___+cwaKyaayyuuLL;L___.       .
              ....`      `._+Ls4F2uxqwffKydbkPPPkea#oaHEyuLL__LuL,
            JaGGGqayyyyyyysuyaqyyyaqpbL_L3fdNaaaaeaOyaePakaqmyyUUuL_
            *fPh$DpqqWDbDQQpD#MffT55ja3XF[jWHHHHOHK4jffPPaqP7$Gay44us..__,.
            `3qqqWDDDWppqQBpqqqqqqppDqyyaqhTfPSPZfqqayyjjqh;c3f0EyappyayyyusL;__,.`
             7DbDWDDDDQQQBB8QDQQR6##hft}Fxy.JojjyyWf50NmDpqyyyyqqqb#faGGGeeGGEyyyyysLLL____,.`
             `09WWWWWQQQQbbDQQBQppppppppppp;_J5*"""'*fHEG#f$6NdbQ#MaaHHGGGOGqNNGEeHHGWKaeeaaayyuy_
              *WpQQDDQQQQQQQb%%%8Qb%$9bQfffuyaqL   `Jqppf*'*TjqMhyKKaeeqqGGGOGGGGeeeqmKaeeeeeeeqb'
              `fDDDWpQQQDQQQppqqQQ8QpQQbCJQBQ%hk_____lf*    'l%EaeewGEKd#GNNqqNGWNGOhffffPHEeeGQF
               ?Wm6DDDdD6D6DR%8QQRGdQMfPCjhfC`_yqqaaqpgpqy_  -uu35KSqOaEaGNNNNNGmNEeeGGaaqEyyUfG"
               "0NNmWNWWWWWmqWDR%bQQBM%ppQQpF 'fhqpQBBg@&ggy.`lOHGwyPaNNGGGqNNNGGGGGNOGEGDOHGEqM`
               `3qNGGNmN$$mqmN$NNW6KuL))}*?uuLLyyggg@&&&&g&&L ~aGHHHeGNOGNNNONNNGGEGWEGG$$GGGGQF
                ?$OGGNMHeGNmmOeGdR#$NGqqq"?dWqWqQgggg&&&&&&&M_=SkKaeGGNmqNGGGGGGHGGmWGNNGGGGGWQ*
                "KGGGOGGNNNNNGGGGOaaaks)l,/???l98ggg&&&@g&&@*^a44SKKGOHhOOGGHGGqqGO$NGNGGGGGEd8'
                `zGGOGNNNNNNNGNOGN$0$fXyy1jq,`(aQ@&&&&g&&&@f+cfFVoXShheeKkHNeGNdNGeHGHHGWNGGGWM`
                 TeGNNNNNN$$NGHeGOKKusyySZaf` *fh#98@@@@fflcT}sAuf34AXSaSeaNGGNNNNGGGGENWNNNWQC
                 ^OGNNNNNNGGGGGGGEKaeaaEoSyyuy;  _qqqaL_._Laya4u[sV[u4yGweEeOGNNGGqWGGGHhGNNWQ"
                 -fG0M0GNGGOGGNKKeeeeeHSwawZa%"  ?fPfffEa$fPC*l35]jaoyHheeeeeHNGOG$NNNNGGGNOdM`
                   '"*?ffhNGNG0EaeHOKeKaeGwwSyLLLyyyyuaC?f}sssLys?fkaaeeeeGeeaNNGGGGGGhNNNNGQT
                         `"*?TfPGEKKeeeaekSwwwZdR8b%%Mff_<sussaKyyyaeKPSeGMGeHGGGGNGGEaWqNGNQ*
                               `""7?fPPPSaaeZSwP1uci?}UUu1s$PwhwwwaKeaKwaeeeGeeHEGqOGGGNNNOqR'
                                     `'"*?TfF5fXoKyyyyyyjuoKwaKwaKwKaGOeeHHGGGGeaeOGGGGeGNOqF
                                           ``""*?T5ffXXGywaaaaKSaeeaaHOeeeeeGqNGGGeGNNNGGNNb*
                                                  `"*7lfSaaaKeKwwHGeeeeeGNGee0GGNGNNNNNNNNNm,
                                                       `"*?l5hPaeeGeGGEeGMGGGGNNGqNNNNGOGH$E>;,.
                                                            `'"?Tfkk$qHGGaGNNGGOGWNNNOGGNGWt^^^^;__,.
                                                                  `"*?fPGGGNqNNOGNNNNOGNGGWr^^^^^^>^^;_,...
                                                                       `'"?lff0hhHNNqqNNNGM>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;_.`
                                                                             `""?lfh0h0NGWF^^^^^^^^^^^^^|^^^^^^;;__,.
                                                                                   `""?fff7>;^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;^^^^^;^;_
                                                                                         ``''"""""***^^^>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                                                                      ```''""""***^;;^^
                                                                                                                   ``'"

Its not bullet physic.... its destructible environment.

I am quite convinced it is the Bullet physics engine. Every physics engine I have seen so far comes with the standard brick-wall-hit-by-sphere type of demo.

Well, we are pretty sure that BIS is hinting at a new product. When you announce a new product, you give a list of features, story, any information that you want your customers to know.

The whole hacker scheme is giving out these hints in small games. So why not technical aspects, too ? Besides, we know a lot about the story already, so I wouldn't think that turning to technical information is inherently wrong at this point.

Of course, I might be totally wrong, too :bounce3:

I get it entirely, I'm just trying to avoid jumping to conclusions when people are saying "yay new physics engine", when we aren't all too sure what it means yet.

I like your thinking there Fonz!

I am quite convinced it is the Bullet physics engine. Every physics engine I have seen so far comes with the standard brick-wall-hit-by-sphere type of demo.

If it is a brick wall then the bullets could be chipping away at the wall....

I am sorry for over posting, but I've read into the puretext website, and it seems the software only strips away formating on the text so I guess it's not the software.

But I really can't see that this is a coincidence. The subject of the e-mail was pure text, a google search for it gives the webadress http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext and the last hack gave us the name miller? It's rather unrealistic that all this is just a coincidence, don't you all think? What about the other software pieces steve miller has made, anything useful for this purpose?

http://stevemiller.net/apps/

Our Miller is Scott F. Miller not Steve Miller...

Also this definitely looks like physics simulation.

;1916168']

Also china has a pretty big wall too ;)

And there have already been clues leading to their involement in this.

Hey' date=' maybe we can have both? ;)

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

If it is a brick wall then the bullets could be chipping away at the wall....

I am thinking about something like

Now heres some random shite - the 'steve miller' bands' 2nd album was called 'sailor'

Ballistics animation....

This smells a new implementation for DLC.

Too small for bland-new game but too big for free patch.

Myke;1916162']Please forward your mails to michel.henkel@bluewin.ch' date=' i will try to make the anim complete[/quote']

Sent, orthrough it seems hotmail screw the text shape quite a bit

Also this definitely looks like physics simulation.

Yeah, I guess you are right. I got a little enthusiastic I guess... But still, doesn't the subject of the e-mail say something at all? Maybe that we should play around with the formatting or something?

I just don't want to overlook anything, while at the same time admitting that I got a little to much worked up over my find :P I've considered this thing way out of my league the whole time, and when I thought I actually had figured something out after all, I kind of went up in the sky :P My heart was beating as hell :P

Looking at the animation with a "Story and plot" perspective:

The ball represents the Iranian/terrorist/opfor group, they are smaller than the wall.

The wall represents Western Powers such as GB/US/UN.

The ball would not be able to break through the wall under normal circumstances but with some form of pinpoint accuracy, the ball manages to completely smash the wall down.

This must mean Iranians getting hold of some form of weapon that is strong enough to shatter the Western powers.

Just speculation that's not going on about the physics engine

oh god, someone says: physics and everyone jumps in the BAN(d)waggon? common..

we know its a ball hitting wall ascii animation :) why dont you guys upload your screenshots somewhere, so I or someone could join the frames. just for fun, to see.

Received 13 mails so far, keep them coming: michel.henkel@bluewin.ch

Please check if the formatting is still correct: if all lines are bound to the left, formatting is probably lost and therefor unusable for me...if you can recover it would be great, if not, no tragedy either.

oh god, someone says: physics and everyone jumps in the BAN(d)waggon? common..

I know, I can't help but feel we're getting a little ahead of ourselves on this one. Although I can understand the excitement if it is actually a physics implementation, it would raise ArmAs production value through the roof.