Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Do I place the Wounds module and play, or do I have to synch it to each unit like BIS modules? I placed it and while the medic healed any injured, the units didn't roll around injured.

The wound module doesn't need to by synch'd to anyone, but it will only affect players, all AI are unaffected (it was causing issues so we disabled it for them).

The animations for Fallschirmjager are kind of twisted

Known issue unfortunately, some of the older units in the conversion from ArmA to ArmA2 have some issues working with the new skeleton we hope to fix or update these models at some point in the future.

you have to place a module (don't know what it's called).

Weapon Resting Module

you have to place a module (don't know what it's called).

I understand, thank you.

Good job with the new release. I'm amazed how detailed every unit and weapon looks. This mod certainly has that "WW2 atmosphere".

Maybe I'm just stupid or blind but I couldn't find a way how to add DAC German ambient shouts. I did depbo Para's and D+1 but I couldn't figure out how the sounds were done. I did manage to find this thread but it didn't really help. Could somebody just give us a link or better yet an example mission?

I too would like to know this, can someone explain how to get the german voices ?

Been having a blast with this mod, it's truely excellent!

I have however only one question left at this moment: how do i let AI soldiers attach their bayonet?

I'm having a mission in mind where players have to assault a town, take it, and then hold it against German counter attacks. I would just looove to have a unit of Waffen SS run at our fortified position with attached bayonets, even if they couldnt use them.

The bayonet is the ultimate sign of 'i'm going to kill you no matter what', and it would be an awesome sight to behold a whole assault wave coming at you with their bayonets attached ^^

This mod is one of the main reason i keep playing this game. Brilliant work, congrats to everyone that participated in the mod.

I'm playing the landing mission ATM and noticed that the mg gunner in the ruins has some proxy triangle visible from a distance, when he fires, as if the proxy was defined as muzzleflash (ex-zasleh) in one of the lods.

I'm playing the landing mission ATM and noticed that the mg gunner in the ruins has some proxy triangle visible from a distance, when he fires, as if the proxy was defined as muzzleflash (ex-zasleh) in one of the lods.

Noticed that as well. Also, is that mission even remotely winnable?

This mod is one of the main reason i keep playing this game. Brilliant work, congrats to everyone that participated in the mod.

I 2nd.. Amazing work guys..this CO version is lots of fun.. Thx again

Glad I can enjoy ARMA:CO in WW2 era :cool:

Been playing through the missions..

love the german sniper mission and the landing is epic w/ good movie-style intro

inspired to try making some missions now

Played MP I44 for the 1st time too.. D-day loved it

Hope to catch an NA server playing with a decent ping soon

how do i let AI soldiers attach their bayonet?

Dont think AI use is possible yet, but I could be wrong

For the grenade problem, the issue is the "Throw" and "Put" weapon configs. Because those two are hard-coded classes, each mod that wants to add/remove/change any thrown or placed weapons has to edit them.

This becomes an issue if multiple mods/addons want to change it. When I44 loads, it alters those classes (adds the I44-specific classes to the list of acceptable ones). If another addon then alters the classes again, it will remove the I44 classnames. Similarly, if I44 is loaded after another addon that edits those classes, I44 will overwrite that addon's changes.

At least, that was the problem I used to see. Unfortunately, I haven't had any chance to do configwork on I44 in months. :( Very glad to see it released for CO though! :)

Will we see glider planes in the future? Like the Airspeed Horsa or Waco Glider?

Thanks for another release of this ambitious project - Invasion 44! :)

Still there are many things left to do, to fix and to improve. Hope that the team will focus on finishing the great Inv44 core Mod and not going to start/make things & stuff that are just eyecandy or "nice to have".

Congratulations for new CO release SFG :smile_o:

*** Edit ***

Link removed

it contains illegally symbols for Germany

Kind regards

Miller

Edited by Miller
Link removed

Thanks for the mod :)

Sometimes the game crashes. The Ai behavior is strange. They don't really engage they run back. Planes are difficult to destroy or impossible (except when they do collision between us lol).

Edited by panda123

Dunno if anyone else sees this but all the commander positions in the German tanks have a black triangle in the turned-in viewport...looks like its the gunner sight range indicator.Might wanna look at the p3d and set it to not be seen in the commander view lod.Hope this gets fixed.Nice tanks otherwise.

I too would like to know this, can someone explain how to get the german voices ?

+1.

So I'm guessing that you cant hear/read friendly AI's sightings etc without radio?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We're looking into every problem.

Here is some footage from a great session on Kelly's Heroes today.

yodYpZcyFUA

Damn that was fun yesterday. First time i've been in Youtube vid. Me,Ben,Semper Fi and Pac were sitting in the middle of the battlefield the others were fighting there. :p Heres a Pic of it (over 100kb).

Also that tiger was fun: about 5 US soldiers firing bazookas and no one hits it...

Edited by Leopard

This new update is amazing, trust me I love all the models, sounds, etc..

Thank you for this great mod!

But i have a concern about AI with this mod. This same problem was adressed by many people in the last release bi forum topic.

It seems that the AI engagement range is way off they dont seem to see the enemy from about 300-400m away in broad daylight.

I tested this firmly in the editor with two opposing squads with skill set to _full_. And they still suck.

I installed zeu AI mod and this fixes that range problem. But unfortunately the AI is still very clumsy. For instance I put those two same squads with full skills in a town and i can literally run around them FPS style and shoot everyone with my thompson. They barely shoot at me. The tanks or static guns dont seem to have this problem at all. So why is it that the infantry is so dumbed down by this? Could it be that the AI does not know how to use your weapon config? or have you done something with the AI settings? This problem is making the mod unplayable for me. It also makes me sad because you have the greatest ww2 mod ever made for arma series.

Is there some config file i could delete so the AI would work normally? please help me with this. Thank you!

about 5 US soldiers firing bazookas and no one hits it...

Out of curiosity, is there something wrong with the zooks in-game?

I had trouble hitting a Puma (or what was it in the Left Behind mission) from about 3 meters. I missed all 3 shots and was like ????

Looks nice but what is with the players and tanks warping like that?

Is tired too at once, in a reality having run 10 metres the person is not tired as in it to a fashion, and here he is tired as after 4 day hard drinkings a hand too twitches as at the drunk soldier!!!!