Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Damn that was fun yesterday. First time i've been in Youtube vid. Me,Ben and Pac were sitting in the middle of the battlefield the others were fighting there. :p Heres a Pic of it (over 100kb).

Also that tiger was fun: about 5 US soldiers firing bazookas and no one hits it...

W00t I'm IN A PICTURE LLOLOLOLOLLLOLOL.

Check the chat bar. :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Was trying to figure out CBA, I was the Bar guy.

In "Landing" mission when I try to reload my sniper rifle I simply get stuck in one place with no indication of whether I'm reloading or not unable to move for a long time.

Is it a bug?

I don't see any new missions under single player or multiplayer after installing the mod. Everything else works, 1944 loading screens, units in the editor, etc.

Just no missions.

Anyone have an idea why?

In "Landing" mission when I try to reload my sniper rifle I simply get stuck in one place with no indication of whether I'm reloading or not unable to move for a long time.

Is it a bug?

I believe this is due to using one of the most recent beta patches. Or are you using 1.59?

how do i let AI soldiers attach their bayonet

I think you should be able to remove their main weapon and replace them with the code name for the bayonet versions of the rifles pretty sure they won't thrust with them but you'll at least get the look of it:

I44_M1Garand_Bayonet

or

I44_K98k_Bayonet

the mg gunner in the ruins has some proxy triangle visible from a distance, when he fires, as if the proxy was defined as muzzleflash (ex-zasleh) in one of the lods.

Yeah this was something I was unable to fix hopefully we can sort that soon!

Noticed that as well. Also, is that mission even remotely winnable?

Landing is most definitely winnable, just takes some time and careful use of cover!

Will we see glider planes in the future? Like the Airspeed Horsa or Waco Glider?

Hopefully, keep you eyes peeled for future release news!

It seems that the AI engagement range is way off they dont seem to see the enemy from about 300-400m away in broad daylight.

I tested this firmly in the editor with two opposing squads with skill set to _full_. And they still suck....

I really haven't encountered this problem at all. The stock arma2 AI tends to react quite slowly if just placed on the map without waypoint settings and so on. DAC generated troops definitely having no issues engaging (they were used for most stock I44 missions) so you might want to give them a try.

Out of curiosity, is there something wrong with the zooks in-game?

I had trouble hitting a Puma (or what was it in the Left Behind mission) from about 3 meters. I missed all 3 shots and was like ????

Looks nice but what is with the players and tanks warping like that?

Nothing as far as I'm aware, they just take practice to use at any real range, these aren't modern weapons, the explosive charge couldn't carry the rounds thousands of meters, you need to adjust your sighting as well as your aim for distant shots, after a bit of practice you shouldn't have too much trouble. I would suggest being further away than 3 meters though, the explosion will likely injure/kill you more than damage the tank. Any warping in the video is probably due to the lag causes by SFG in the states playing on a UK based server... still pretty decent by ArmA2 standards!

79600 beta yep

We suggest using 1.59, the mod is untested with beta patches and we're pretty sure the latest best patch causes a number of issues with Invasion 1944. Switching back to the stable release should solve your problems.

Guys I cant join the kellys heroes I44 server:( It says something about CBA/Addons keys that havnt been installed on the server. Should I update my CBA or what should I do?

I know this sounds little dumb but how can I make the missions comp. able with Norrins revive script?? I made the classname thats used for 82nd airbourne and made 'em "playable" units and named them s1,s2 and so on .. But still it dsn't work :/ Ideas??

I really haven't encountered this problem at all. The stock arma2 AI tends to react quite slowly if just placed on the map without waypoint settings and so on. DAC generated troops definitely having no issues engaging (they were used for most stock I44 missions) so you might want to give them a try.

Me and my friend have encountered this AI bug since the first version of Invasion. I usually play with ACE but in the earlier versions I tried to play against the AI without any mods and the AI was very passive even then. I have used the new version only with ACE+Zeus AI and only by setting the difficulty level slider to the max the AI has been able to give me some challenge. The AI units using basic rifles can be almost brain dead most of the time. The SMG guys don't seem to have such problems but they still seem pretty slow. It would be a shame to be able to only use DAC generated units.

Looks like alot of players dont have CBA installed when they try joining servers.

OR they have the Wrong Version of CBA.

Question: Will there be a Market Garden Island?

Or any New Islands?

Will there be PVP missions on Normandy island insted of Cheranus?

Guys I cant join the kellys heroes I44 server:( It says something about CBA/Addons keys that havnt been installed on the server. Should I update my CBA or what should I do?

Yes you need to update CBA we are running the latest version, the easiest way of getting it using six-updater or Yoma

DF

I was just wondering why the Stuka's gunner seat and the B-17's various gunner seats can't be entered by humans?

It makes the B-17 and Stuka rather vulnerable to attacks in multiplayer.

I was just wondering why the Stuka's gunner seat and the B-17's various gunner seats can't be entered by humans?

It makes the B-17 and Stuka rather vulnerable to attacks in multiplayer.

IIRC there isn't any turret in planes since OFP, so the turrets must be created by scripts.

Noticed that as well. Also, is that mission even remotely winnable?

I'd like to know this too. After saving every 15 seconds or so, and reloading about 50 times, I finally made it to the first cover after the landing. But all the other of my guys seems dead, at least I don't see anyone else. And I get killed instantly if I just try to take a peek over the cover to look at the ruins. :)

IIRC there isn't any turret in planes since OFP, so the turrets must be created by scripts.

But this is ArmA 2. I thought they had the MLODs for these aircraft?

But this is ArmA 2. I thought they had the MLODs for these aircraft?

Since OFP, and in ArmA2 neither IIRC.

Yeah davegary1979, Pac suggests turning uhh

nope i still get the helmet bug with all my settings whether on super high or turned to low and off!

Since OFP, and in ArmA2 neither IIRC.

Helicopters can have turrets, why can't fixed wing?

nope i still get the helmet bug with all my settings whether on super high or turned to low and off!

What graphics card do you have? Seems Pac said a page or so back that people with ATI cards seem to have the problem (As I have ATI I am currently leaning to that answer) and I have no idea of how to fix it.

I personally don't mind it, I know they got the helmets ^^ Most won't be left standing long enough in the end to see'm anyway :P

What version of CBA do people on for instance Kellys Heros use.

AND, how do I use it.

Normaly, I have just take the entire @CBA and loaded via a launcher and all works fine.

But in INV44 Kellys Hero server, I get a wrong this and that plus keys and I dont know what.

I have got the new´est I could fine (151) from 11 Feb and the one INV44 2,5 is linked with.

So cant really understand it.

Ahh well guess I wont be able to play on the kellys heroes server because when i paste this URL:http://addonsync.kellys-heroes.eu/AR.../i44CO-Repo.7z into the auto config url it says failed importing server details...
What version of CBA do people on for instance Kellys Heros use.

AND, how do I use it.

Normaly, I have just take the entire @CBA and loaded via a launcher and all works fine.

But in INV44 Kellys Hero server, I get a wrong this and that plus keys and I dont know what.

I have got the new´est I could fine (151) from 11 Feb and the one INV44 2,5 is linked with.

So cant really understand it.

You can connect with their server by using Six Updater:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1900036&postcount=262

The latest build of CBA is 155 - freshly released today - I suppose KH will be updating to that as well.

It will soon be officially released as 0.7.4