Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Arma 2: Qom Province (Lite)

Couldn't have done it without your help and guidance. So THANK YOU Bushlurker!

I know Qom isn't perfect, but its 1.0 and its my first map and first addon... Looking forward to polishing Qom over the coming months as well as releasing a proper expansion (hopefully!)

Will pick up the bug trail next week starting with a bumpy runway!

Cheers

Tup

Great Video - Wastelander

Here are some unedited screen grabs from mission: Patrol US - Qom Province

arma2oa2011040919465878.th.pngarma2oa2011040920022512.th.pngarma2oa2011040919481798.th.pngarma2oa2011040919300730.th.pngarma2oa2011040919402602.th.png

In the fourth image, see if you can spot the hostile planes flying in formation past the camera

Cheers Tup for such a great map

Edited by roy86

Tup, I've just manage to have a good look around. You've done a really good job man.

I think it looks fine with minimal clutter (grass)

I'm loving the map, and have been playing missions on it solely since release.... just discovered now though that the northern airbase is slightly messy, the taxiway when trying to take off is like a bouncy castle :D

;1899542']just discovered now though that the northern airbase is slightly messy' date=' the taxiway when trying to take off is like a bouncy castle :D[/quote']

Its already been noted here :)

Loving the videos guys! Don't forget if you see any bugs on the map please let me know here...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aidf4NQlStBjdDM5N3dQTmNuVHl3WTFKbWppb0NWc0E&hl=en&authkey=CJj3m6UK

Ah right thanks mate, I did try adding it earlier but said something about me having to request an invitation?? works now :)

Ive seen some tree's and rocks in the roads near the main highway... cant for the life of me point them out at the moment, i'll do some path-finding tommorow and let you know :)

Just got back from a couple of weeks off arma and immediately downloaded Qom. What can I say, this map is a triumph and all the more amazing for being a v1.0 and Tupolov's first ever map. Great performance, huge interesting and varied terrain and locations, and great attention to detail. An instant classic. Thanks Tupolov.

Excellent work... We played it a lot over the last days, it's a great addition to Takistan! :ok:

Is the highway supposed to have huge bumps?

If you find any, note the GPS location and post them to the Bug Tracking Sheet here ... https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aidf4NQlStBjdDM5N3dQTmNuVHl3WTFKbWppb0NWc0E&hl=en

I did have some issues with the road smoothing script, sometimes it creates some interesting features. Please please let me know if you find any and I'll make sure they get fixed for 1.1.

Again, thanks for the great responses, it makes all those hours of work worth it!

The runway will get fixed in 1.1 too. It still works fine, but it is a bit bumpy

Regards,

Tup

Posted a bug matey! :D

Still one of the best maps out there! :cool:

Another video showcasing Qom, 20Km view distance and using Myke's new release GLT_RAW, J.S.R.S and WarFXBlastcore.

yes, but CO-compatible ONLY :[

Nearly everyone has CO now anyways...

Also this is a great map Tupolov

Very good job :)

I tried to enable this on my hosted server last night , but for some reason the server doesnt seem to 'boot' with it.

I added a new command line with the -mod=@TUP , but when I select this and restart , the server never appears, i appears again when I change the line back to default and restart.

any ideas what im doing wrong here?

here is the command line :

-config=server.cfg -mod=@TUP -cfg=basic.cfg -maxmem=2048 -world=empty -port=2342 -profiles=C:\UserFiles\<username>\GameServers\TC371400650730745322555422\ -maxplayers=10 -name=Alpha

Spent some time on this island the last days and I'm also impressed by the quality and the performance. Great work, Tupolov!