Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Arma 2: Qom Province (Lite)

Still mesmerised at the map intro sequences that you made! How did you go about making that ? VERY IMPRESSIVE !

Apologies everyone. I've had to pull the current download as there was an issue with the config... oops!

Will get the download up in the next 2 hours.

Will include the BIKEY too.

Apologies... proper version posted soon!

Apologies everyone. I've had to pull the current download as there was an issue with the config... oops!

Will get the download up in the next 2 hours.

Will include the BIKEY too.

Apologies... proper version posted soon!

Tupolov you upload only the FIXED config?

Link

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=no_antivirus&id=0Bydf4NQlStBjYjBjMzJmMmItZjYxMS00MjM1LWI3NTktY2QzNTA1M2Q4MWUw&authkey=CLWnm8UN Arma 2: Qom Province (Lite) size 216.23MB and Arma 2: Qom Province (Lite) for armaholic.com link size 191 MB . Why such difference in the sizes of a file?

Edited by Andy Mcnab

Not sure. My upload has always been 216/217MB

All fixed, download is now available again.

Fix includes the correct config to support ambient modules and includes server key.

Thanks!

Tup

Thanks ck,

Just to confirm, the original download worked fine other than it didn't support ambient civilians.

The new download fixes that and includes the TUP.bikey for MP play.

Please expect further releases over the next few weeks to include new missions, support MSO and more.

Sorry if you've had to download it twice!

This is the correct DOWNLOAD also referenced on the first post and on moddb.com

Thanks again and hope you enjoy the map!

Tup

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Still mesmerised at the map intro sequences that you made! How did you go about making that ? VERY IMPRESSIVE !

I created a script that randomly creates different camera shots of units in a mission. I created a mission and simply call the script.

The mission itself is pretty simple to avoid taking up too much resource. The script can be applied really to any terrain/island intro very easily. I have shared it with the Map Making Skype Channel.

I will credit Grizzle for his excellent Director add-on from which I got a lot of inspiration and code ideas.

Glad you enjoyed it, the intro should be different each time you watch it!

Have fun out there!

Tup

Are there any mirrors? I'm unable to download it for the time being.:eek:

Thanks for your hard work and sharing Tupolov.

kind regards

p.s. Never mind already found it. I'm eager to give it a go.

Edited by nettrucker

Oh-Rah Tup! Nice to see it released! Hope everyones liking it so far! I know it was great in beta but I wonder how the public likes the spit-shined version! :D

I created a script that randomly creates different camera shots of units in a mission. I created a mission and simply call the script.

The mission itself is pretty simple to avoid taking up too much resource. The script can be applied really to any terrain/island intro very easily. I have shared it with the Map Making Skype Channel.

I will credit Grizzle for his excellent Director add-on from which I got a lot of inspiration and code ideas.

Well it IS amazing mate. The only thing I would change is to make the view stay a little longer with each vehicle. Of course there should really be NO reason for it taking up too many resources ... after all you are going to be using them in a mission later :) Good to have them loaded into memory already!

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing what goodies you have in store for us all.

This is a really nice map. Thanks for the effort, going to work this into our warfare rotation for sure. :D

I took a copy of the pbo and de-pbod it to have a play with the starting movies.

I have modified the startup sequence to observe from poor EAST perspective .... ouch - those boys REALLY take a pounding !

Great work !

Very Nice island you've made here, do you plan to add grass to it in any future releases? looking at google maps of the area too, it is very heavily populated with buildings etc... bit like fallujah but green :)

The main road is very well done, crusing down the centre of it in an apache is very cool :)

Just looks spectacular in the air with 10000 vd

EDIT:

Uploading a Showcase Vid of it now with...... 20000 vd :eek:

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Nice video, Viper. That highway is awesome looking. Thanks for the release, Tupolev!

Quick question Tup to do with your intro movies. IS it possible to override the intros already present with a new one without breaking the pbo down? The reason I ask is that changing PBOs obviously breaks the keys for MP play.

Quick question Tup to do with your intro movies. IS it possible to override the intros already present with a new one without breaking the pbo down? The reason I ask is that changing PBOs obviously breaks the keys for MP play.

No I don't think so.

Of course if you want to create an intro mission for Qom, then I would love to include it in v1.1!

That goes for anyone out there. Any missions, intros, models, etc you want to develop for Qom would be great and I'd love to include them in upcoming releases.

I am specifically looking for a modeller to create an underground nuclear enrichment facility... Also any anti-air radar station models would be awesome.

Regards,

Tup

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

;1898259']Very Nice island you've made here' date=' do you plan to add grass to it in any future releases? looking at google maps of the area too, it is very heavily populated with buildings etc... bit like fallujah but green :)']

The 10x10 part of Qom Province that I have mapped only has grass in the southern farming area - there is grass/weeds/wheat here on my map. There are very few buildings too.

Qom City is a different area - its further south and is very much like fallujah. I don't plan on including Qom City or its outer areas in this map. My map ends at the dry river bed which is further north than any major settlements, which is why there's few buildings.

Regards,

Tup

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 ----------

This is a really nice map. Thanks for the effort, going to work this into our warfare rotation for sure. :D

CK-Claw has got a Warfare port completed. I will add it to the next release.

In the meantime I will try add it to the post as a separate download.

Tup

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Also, if any of you fancy voting/rating this on moddb.com I'd really appreciate it.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/arma-2-qom-province-lite

Go to Community Rating (box bottom right of the page)

Thanks!

Tup

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

NEW! - Warfare for Qom Province by ck-claw

Looks very tidy, was away for work and came back to this. Cheers.

Your vid was well made also, bit of AC/DC.

Nice work

Can I get a server key? thanks

small test tour. helicopter crash and the mountain can be seen through the texture

example of mission :eek:

Hey dude, this is a BIS bug. The heli crashes into terrain created by BIS TerrainSynch function.

You might want to test on Takistan (off the map) as well.

This might require a CIT.

Tup

Hi Tup!

Congrats on the release at last! well done!! looking even better than the RC!

AI are totally happy with the roadnet now! ;) that's a tough test to pass usually... well done on that too!

Your little intro script is a touch of genius... simple, elegant, effective! brilliant!!!

I must've missed this on Skype! :D... I predict this will become a standard intro script for terrains... I'll be having a go with that later :D

Also excellent to see a selection of missions available right away... that instantly means theres a reason to download other than simple curiosity... it's a playable terrain - right now!....

Great stuff mate!!!

B