smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Hey smookie, what do you think of this crosshair addon?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=80358

Well it might be ok for realistic gaming, but I am a part of those guys who treat ArmA2 as a tactical shooter based entirely on teamwork concept and I pay no interest in ultra realism (personally I find it quite silly - after all, it's just a game).

Your crosshair would be best applied the way it is right now - via seperate addon and then the community or the user may decide what use to make of it. I think the spot on would be to follow the way the MG's are done in vanilla arma2 OA (no rectangle in the middle showing actually the place you will fire at) and this is what I will be considering in future releases.

Edited by Smookie

I still think that a small dot and weapon fires in general vicinity with dispersion to simulate hip firing is best.Up close and you point and click and hit while further out and you'll spray bullets around the target making the need to actually use the sight.Of course people said that they want Arma to stay a game that where your weapon is pointed is where the bullets go.....arcade in every way but I guess to each their own.:cool:

Basically since in-game I can aim without sights better than RL soldiers can,

Maybe you can, but i can' t. I have trouble hitting a guy 5 meters away from me, let alone somebody 20 meters away lol. These things depend on the person playing, which is why it is in my opinion useless to use "i can do that" as a comparaison standard.

Anyway, i believe that the best solution would be that when pressing right mouse button while jogging with the weapon up, we would get an over the weapon view similar to the one that we get in ace when using the "secondary sights" of scoped weapons that don' t have secondary sights. Sadly i believe that something like that would be weapon config dependent, or even simply impossible because of an engine limitation.

I am pretty sure this is what the crosshair is all about - to recompensate the lack of feel and view depth you have in the game (this is why I also do not understand why realism strives for disabling it).

It certainly is, but the problem is that in it' s default state it' s way to accurate. I' m currently trying out the minimal crosshair addon linked on the previous page and i have to say i quite like it. I' d still prefer a solution without a crosshair, but heck i' m not gonna be a prima donna about it, you' ve already made a great addon.

Good to hear that walking with the sights up will be more steady in the next version, keep up the good work.

can this be used in single player as well or no ...or just pvp

You can use it in SP -just dont expect the bots to be using it as well :p

Basically since in-game I can aim without sights better than RL soldiers can

well aren't you just pro.

ujelly?

On topic:

Very fun little addon! You should add warning messages though: "Warning, this increases drastically your ammo consumption!". I just run out of mags, cuz blindfire is hella fun.

It's not pro, anyone who actually tries can do that as well. If you think you can't, you're either not trying hard enough OR are over-estimating the ability of RL soldiers to shoot without using sights. And in the end, crosshairs allow you to hit stuff reliably at 200-400m without sights - Show me a RL soldier that can do that...

Therefore your

Is really out of place...

thy for the great addon...

it makes EVERYTHING better.

but can u increase the sliding range of fast prone?

it feels me a littlebit to short

and can someone help me?

how i get in Launcher prone?

it start if i prone in the launcher prone but it never keeps in it..

and the keycombo i dont understand fast + b (Shift+b Turbo+b more fast are not in my head)

thy 2 everyone and 2 the skripter/animation masters

MFG

SaltatorMortis

Noticed that in vanilla it takes a lot more running to get to the "crazy weapon shake" than it does in ACE, but I still think it is a bit too crazy.

Tried figuring out the "roll instead of raise weapon" problem some more, seems like maybe double clicking "toggle raise weapon" while jogging results in a roll or something? Might just be an unintended bug you might want to look at.

Tried figuring out the "roll instead of raise weapon" problem some more, seems like maybe double clicking "toggle raise weapon" while jogging results in a roll or something? Might just be an unintended bug you might want to look at.

Yes it's a bit useless when you try to reach a position fast while jogging, spot an enemy, trying to raise you weapon and insteand of that you roll, it's a good animation (i think it's already in arma because i found it in some others script/addon) but it's useless with that key combination

Regards,

H.

Hah great Work Smookie, especially the finger when throwing a grenade. :D

release 0.19 scheduled for saturday with a few fixes mentioned above. some of issues will not be corrected due to the fact they were meant to be that way. expect some new moves and reworked animations. again, you are welcome to test them out during ECL beta testing nights on competitive maps.

Smookie just registered to say great little mod you got there, I personally think this is one crucial visual touches that Arma needs. The blending with the other animations is a little rough around the edges though.

Yes it's a bit useless when you try to reach a position fast while jogging, spot an enemy, trying to raise you weapon and insteand of that you roll, it's a good animation (i think it's already in arma because i found it in some others script/addon) but it's useless with that key combination

Regards,

H.

I quote myself just to say that my post could seem rude... I only wanted to explain how this "roll" feature could just be implemented in another way ;)

I'll never stop to say that i love this mod and so long i'll never stop trying to report some suggestions :P

Regards,

H.

This comes from an assumption that a player who would like to be really fast and respond fast like you say, would never run around with his weapon lowered using the arma system (it's just plain stupid!). I am suprised to see anyone using weapon lowering instead of pressing fire button or simply stopping (yes, in PvP animation pack when you go forward and lower your weapon, you will go into jogging pace and return into combat stance immediately after you release all keys, there is absolutely no point in lowering your weapon other than jogging sidewards or backwards, which tbh is ridicoulosy fast). But I guess, you always learn something new;)

For people who dont have Mouse Thumb Button, how will they be able to use blind fire?? Is there a way to change the controls?? I realy want this to work :(

Ah, so simply release the run button for a fraction of a second to bring the weapon back up? Not the most intuitive, but should work just as well. The thing is people (including me) were expecting lower/raise weapon toggle to do just that - lower/raise weapon...

As for mouse thumb button, you can just bind the turbo key to whatever you like instead.

Release 0.19 should include:

[improved] small speed tweaks for stance changing animations

[improved] anims for standing and proning (one stance skip) slightly reworked

[Added] weapon down animation added for going forward (Press stand to move with weapon down in a semi-jog) [this results in 5-step movement pace like in Splinter Cell series - walk, fast-paced walk, semi-jog, jog, sprint all available with 3 buttons/combinations]

[Fixed] pressing crouch when moving sideways or backwards would always result in crouch moving forward animations

[improved] Quick pistol switch walking forward animation reworked

[Added] Quick pistol switch walking forward left and right as well as backwards left and right

[improved] Aim more steadier when walking forward

[improved] Walking no longer drains stamina

[improved] Faster stamina recovery when standing/crouching

[improved] Flip animation speeded up, shaky cam added, remapped to Stand key

[Added] Calibration/demonstration mission to quickly set up and learn all moves ingame.

If there are any urgent fixes regarding animation speed or obvious bugs, please post them up.

Wondering if you're gonna add the ability to do blindfire with a pistol?

Sounds great Smookie! Very much looking forward to this. I was watching a CNN newsclip of Libyan revolutionaries doing that exact left side blindfire by a street corner wall and it made me smile as yours is pretty spot on :)

The guerrila was smiling also as I dont think he planned on actually hitting anything.

Maybe this is a bug:

When pistol in hand with rifle hanging beside, then reload pistol, you will see your rifle is also get a new full mag.

I watched the three new videos today while I was at work in the cafeteria and I guffawed when you threw up the bird. All of the animations look incredible. I especially like the ones where you are shooting while laying on your side. Reminds me of the MAGPUL videos (Art of the Tactical Carbine). Keep up the great work!