Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

cal.68 Mod

This mod has been in the making since the mid of 2009, with many ons and offs, but finally Baraka and i can present you the cal.68 Mod in a very playable state. It is not finished, and were still fighting some quirks, so please excuse any glitches. We´ll do our best to keep on improving the mod.

That being said, our first MP tests haven´t shown any severe errors that could stop you from plaing a nice match of paintball :)

Download: cal.68 v1.1 @ armed-assault.de (Updated!)

(Make sure to tick the right version!)

Changelog:

-added: colored hit cloudlets

-fixed: ugly dirt cloudlets

-fixed: unit rvmats (wounds)

-fixed: bad updating baseclass .rpt message in OA

-improved: objects config

-improved: removed cartridge sound

-change: put fancy readme on revision

Features:

• 2 SupAir objects sets
  • and various other furniture objects
  • 7 Paintball markers
  • 4 Paintball players and 1 referee
  • 6 sorts of paintballs
  • 4 protectional masks
  • 4 MP Missions
  • custom damage handling
  • custom hit fx in 1st person view
  • custom hit cloudlets (new)
  • custom sound fx
  • ..and probably alot of fun if you like Paintball!

Massive thanks go out to everyone involved in helping & testing, or from whom we were able to learn things, especially:

• Drill Sergeant - Brass Marauder (OFP)
  • Christian1987 - Brass Marauder conversion
  • Hammergut - Sounds
  • Moerderhoschi - Missions
  • da12thMonkey - L22 animation
  • TeRp - Inspiring Guru
  • Xeno - Scripts & High-End solutions
  • rocko - I <3 rocko
  • Bohemia Interactive - the game

Release stress has had a slight impact on our promo department, so for the time being some old teaser screen needs to do:

cal68_mod_4_7269.jpg

Cool, finally a first release!

PvP with addons and it even works with the current 1.57 animation speeds :)

A unique and nice mod.

Xeno

really interesting. Downloading now.

Best regards

Great to see that you released it! :D

Downloading now!

Noo not now! ...

Because: Update already!

Thanks to rocko lots of the mentioned quirks have been fixed, and he brought some "nice" improvements aswell! :bounce3:

Download link is the same as before, just make sure to tick the green blob on the right version (v1.1 that is).

looks great but one thing though when you shoot you see bulletholes, is it possible to make it that you acutaly see paint plashes when shooting? like in real? but besides that i love and it and can't wait untill its completely done

looks great but one thing though when you shoot you see bulletholes, is it possible to make it that you acutaly see paint plashes when shooting? like in real? but besides that i love and it and can't wait untill its completely done

The paint-splashes are a big point for us.

We are working (or trying) on this for a while. Hopefully we will get the trick soon.

With the cal.68 1.1 version you have a better effect with the smoke, the splashes will follow one day.

Great! looking forward to that so far im already making some missions with the current release and trying to get it in to the clan im in, but it worked fine realy love the mod!

keep up the good work!

Great work Baraka and co, really great fun many thanks :)

Wow, thanks to all for the response.

Great to hear that you have some fun with this.

The work with this project will go on constantly, so please post bugs and crappy things (the graphic is really crappy, i know).

Have fun and don´t forget your safety Mask.You only have 2 eyes :635:

Are there any difference on the markers and paintballs? Is any of them shooting further or hitting harder. Or is it purely cosmetic?

Edited by Bullet Purveyor

congrats on release ;) nice mod. like it. hope we can do a few rounds in da future :D

greetz

masty

Are there any difference on the markers and paintballs? Is any of them shooting further or hitting harder. Or is it purely cosmetic?

The balls are different in bouncing and speed.

Flaming and glowing ones are just for fun.

The big markers are mostly the same.

The marauder has another handling because it´s much smaller and the pump is different to.

This mod looks like a lot of fun! :biggrin:

Very original! Congratulations!

Edited by Lonestar

This addons the shiznit, Im big into paintball, but I cant make the bunkers that come with this addon indestructible. If you get a full auto marker and shoot a bunker a few feet away it will be "killed" and fall over.

I googled all those event handlers and bullspit and none of them prevent this from happening. Without the use of a script does anyone know how to make them indestructible? and if a scripts required what would be the simplest one.

Really impressed gents :D

Who doesn't love a good match of paintball

Hope to play this MP soon with some buddies.. keep it up :cool:

This addons the shiznit, Im big into paintball, but I cant make the bunkers that come with this addon indestructible. If you get a full auto marker and shoot a bunker a few feet away it will be "killed" and fall over.

I googled all those event handlers and bullspit and none of them prevent this from happening. Without the use of a script does anyone know how to make them indestructible? and if a scripts required what would be the simplest one.

Sadly you can´t do anything to stop this. We get this bug short before release and can´t stop it. In the next update it will be fixed, that´s a promise.

Try this map: Paintball Park. Bryce23 did a really great work with our stuff!

You can play SubAir and Woodland, so if the burning-bug destroy your nerves, you can play a nice round in the woods.

There's bunch of paintball terrains here in Slovenia, too. Maybe we could put together more playable areas? Abandoned factory, forest, "king of the hill", etc.