Sign in to follow this  
suma

ARMA 2: OA beta build 1.58.78413

Does Atoc work with or without Antialiasing?

Only with Antialiasing enabled.

The two main AI features that should be included in next beta patch are this:

1. Enemy will tend to group before attacking. This is more common with higher skilled units.

2. AI will split up (when in squads) (squad or section: 8man squad = 2 fireteams, 12man squad = 3fireteams, 9man section= assault group 4 men, gun group 3 men and scout group 2 men.) and one group (group with most fire power if possible) will try to maintain base of fire by supressing the enemy while the other groups (still in same squad though) attack. Higher skilled AI will seek to flank the enemy whereas lower skilled AI will tend to attack front on.

I agree in principle, I would certainly like to see the proper implementation of the fireteams in ArmA, but it's not something that can be done very easily. For one thing, how should AI behave when the squad makeup is not your standard US/NATO OOB (i.e. not consisting of 2-3 balanced fireteams with a team leader, automatic rifleman, grenadier, and rifleman)? Also, the Russians (OPFOR) use a different tactic altogether where the squad splits into the support element (MG, RPG, their assistants, Squad Leader) and assault/maneuver element (assistant squad leader/grenadier and riflema(e)n). This is a fairly complex system that has to be coded, and I would not expect it to be addressed till ArmA 3. It is much needed feature though and it would improve the gameplay a lot. However, I am afraid that for now it belongs more to the suggestions forum, rather than the beta testing one.

Peace,

DreDay

Here's another very strange, little and nasty bug:

• ingame editor, mission preview: worldName returns "Takistan"
  • ingame editor, intro preview: worldName returns "Takistan"
  • ingame scenarios, intro is running: worldName returns "takistan"

:|

Really? And I just thought I'm going nuts once again... pffff.. Why the hell would the world be spelled all in lowercase in that situation, while everywhere else the worldname is returned as it's defined in the config?! Has this been always like this? :confused:

Ticket has been created, see: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17894

dunno if i'm doing sth. wrong - but when playing the first mission in harvest red campaign (you know - sweep the village / com station / and so on), i can't finish because the trigger which lets me destroy the com-station will never activate... tried it 2 times.

Can anyone confirm this?

Hell, this is my 3rd attempt since 2009 to finish the vanilla campaign and always there was a bug like this which didn't let me... :(

(i know, 'endmission', but...)

@ruebe:

Until fixed, you can get around the problem by using toLower on the result.

Thanks Carl, Kju already pushed me in this direction (and the resulting bug in my mission has been fixed since). :)

dunno if i'm doing sth. wrong - but when playing the first mission in harvest red campaign (you know - sweep the village / com station / and so on), i can't finish because the trigger which lets me destroy the com-station will never activate... tried it 2 times.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes. KnowsAbout was working oddly in a couple of builds, but is back to normal now.

Edited by Jezuro
typo

Yes. KnowsAbout was working oddly in a couple of builds, but is back to normal now.

how bout the single missions like trial by fire? are they fixed as well?

I agree in principle, I would certainly like to see the proper implementation of the fireteams in ArmA, but it's not something that can be done very easily. For one thing, how should AI behave when the squad makeup is not your standard US/NATO OOB (i.e. not consisting of 2-3 balanced fireteams with a team leader, automatic rifleman, grenadier, and rifleman)? Also, the Russians (OPFOR) use a different tactic altogether where the squad splits into the support element (MG, RPG, their assistants, Squad Leader) and assault/maneuver element (assistant squad leader/grenadier and riflema(e)n). This is a fairly complex system that has to be coded, and I would not expect it to be addressed till ArmA 3. It is much needed feature though and it would improve the gameplay a lot. However, I am afraid that for now it belongs more to the suggestions forum, rather than the beta testing one.

Peace,

DreDay

Well i understand with engine limitations this will be quite impossible to completely replicate how fireteams work, but zeus AI was very good at modifying the skill of units depending on their skill slider in the editor. Higher leveled enemies would group up and attack from flanks while others supressed the enemy, lower level enemies would attack without hesitation front on without supressive fire. some of the zeus changes could be implemented inot arma2 for a better effect. Main ideas are supressive fire and flanking. Everything else, meh... it can wait:D

I've tried out GLT Myke's excellent Missile Box addon - a massive improvement of aerial combat. I also have info that BIS AIM-9 missiles are actually flying over 5-7mach+ in vanilla game!? Did someone report that to the dev-heaven yet? :o

Edited by IceBreakr

I've tried out GLT Myke's excellent Missile Box addon and got info that BIS AIM-9 missiles are actually flying over 5-7mach+ in vanilla game.

Awesome... I gotta try this out!

You should, massive improvement. Vanilla missiles are just "unrealistic" to say it in one word.

Regarding 3D Editor

Dwarden, could you please say if anything like this is planned for the future of Arma 2 CO at the moment? Or if we will at least get the possibility to change the Loadout of Units placed in the Editor without Scripting? Just a little button in the window where you choose the desired Unit that appeares if the Unit is Infrantry. If you hit it this brings up the Loadout screen for this Unit. This would be really cool

You can do this with RTE Editor. Bit tricky to figure out how to export and merge, but once you do its not that bad. Right click on units you can edit the weapon/equipment loadouts. Right click on ammoboxes does the same thing. Also you can set their position (Standing, crouched and prone) by right clicking on the unit as well.

A 3d Editor, especially because of sheer potential, should be high up on the priority list. Im patiently waiting. :rolleyes:

---

has a solution to this issue ever been found?:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15410

I've been getting the same error (except mine is with the nv4_disp.dll)...ive also tried new drivers and reinstalling arma2 a couple times to no avail....already emailed dwarden a couple of times in the past with dump and rpt files but no response.

Does this new beta fix this issue by chance, or is there a planned fix anytime soon?

Ye i created that ticket. Since then ive had another 480GTX which also showed the same issue. Replaced the cooling system and (for the second time) replaced the GPU with a GTX570 (that runs cooler).

Only last night did i again get this error. Managed to go about 3-4 weeks without getting it and there it is again. I think this game is killing my cards when running everything @ full. Just my 2c.

Edited by rscarrab

how bout the single missions like trial by fire? are they fixed as well?

If you mean the sound volume issue, then yes, it's been fixed.

thx for info.

next issue (i probably already read about it but don't remember where): in mission razor two - after leaving a vehicle, my mates won't follow me any more. Even after issuing the regroup-order. I'm pretty sure i had that problem already in an earlier beta.

If you mean the sound volume issue, then yes, it's been fixed.

Wonderful! thanks for informing.

You OUTSIDE can hear crews speaking in the tank or other vehicles, can BIS fix it?

Edited by msy

Originally Posted by Tonci87

Regarding 3D Editor

Dwarden, could you please say if anything like this is planned for the future of Arma 2 CO at the moment? Or if we will at least get the possibility to change the Loadout of Units placed in the Editor without Scripting? Just a little button in the window where you choose the desired Unit that appeares if the Unit is Infrantry. If you hit it this brings up the Loadout screen for this Unit. This would be really cool

You can do this with RTE Editor. Bit tricky to figure out how to export and merge, but once you do its not that bad. Right click on units you can edit the weapon/equipment loadouts. Right click on ammoboxes does the same thing. Also you can set their position (Standing, crouched and prone) by right clicking on the unit as well.

Yeah, I tried the RTE Editor, but it often doesn´t work as desired.

@ Dwarden I´m still waiting for some kind of answer :o

If I put a US marine as the player 30m from a Russian helicopter the helicopter does not take off even when shot at. Should it with the fix?

[78374] Fixed: Helicopter did not take off when engine was off and enemies nearby.

If I put a US marine as the player 30m from a Russian helicopter the helicopter does not take off even when shot at. Should it with the fix?

[78374] Fixed: Helicopter did not take off when engine was off and enemies nearby.

Before the fix the helicopter would not take off even when there were waypoints assigned to it when enemies were around.

Yeah I know I can be pretty annoying but I really would like to have some sort of answer on this

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1868245&postcount=95

Even if you say no, or that you can´t say that right now, or that you have to think about it. I´m sure everybody will understand it. But you know, some answer, even a negative, is still better than nothing.

to be honest i have no answer on that subject so You need wait for me to have one first ;)