Sign in to follow this  
nes4day

F-22A Raptor

Very nice, I love this jet so much since I made myself a video with it.

Just one thing, will there be possible to include a collusion model with it for the further update?

Don't collide it with anything then :P

But yeah, I agree that the only thing missing from this mod now is a damage/collision model. Excellent work thus far! :D

I know you're probably annoyed at me by now, but I can't help it lol. You've almost perfected the maneuverability of the jet(it only needs to be tweaked a little more if any), but now whenever you work on it, I'd focus on fixing the speed and mainly the acceleration of the jet. Even without afterburners on, the acceleration is still really fast.

F-22 Can supercruise.... Dosesnt need AB's for for supersonic flight so I personally find the high acceleration aned speed pretty good..

by the way, the f22 is able to to a 180 loop in about 3 seconds if i'm not mistaken. i know i said it didn't really need much tweaking, well, i was wrong. only do this though if it's possible with the game engine

v0.6 is here!!! Thanks to [APS]Gnat

Changelog

v0.6.0 ([APS] Gnat’s Edit)

- [added] Wreck Model

- [added] half damage texture (new rvmats)

- [added] Ability to add custom textures via SETOBJECTTEXTURE command

- [fixed] Shadows plus landing gear shadow

- [fixed] Vapor Script (blowing trail on wreck)

- [fixed] GEOMETRY lod

- [fixed] FIRE GEOMETRY lod

- [fixed] FIRE GEOMETRY materials

- [fixed] A couple unmapped faces in upper Res lods

- [improved] Front wheel now turn left/right

- [tweak] Roll rate per forum comment

- ..... All he can remember

Download link

Game Front Mirror

Thanks all and enjoy :cool:

And now back to my University Works

P.S.

@Alkar Hammer

I know the handling is still now quite there yet, but I will deal with it sooner or later ;)

THIS IS THE BEST PLANE, but in real life f22 is more maneuverable and has much better acceleration...what about in next version tune it?

THIS IS THE BEST PLANE, but in real life f22 is more maneuverable and has much better acceleration...what about in next version tune it?

I've test flight the new version of it. The acceleration and maneuverability is just exactly what I hoped for. Since jet having limited performance in low altitude (below 5000m), and rarely I need to fly that high.

---------------

Great improvement, I'm really enjoying this mod. Maybe it should need to enhance the sound effect, weapon or something? I still hoping for the original F-22 engine sound, as well as the M61A2 looks not too deadly, like firing a 7.62mm MG in my taste.

Great Job! Thanks!

Can you move the Pilots position forward a bit? When I turn my head my view is obstructed by the head rest portion of the seat. I dont know if you wanted this to force people to use the lean function.

Does the lean work with Track IR with out using the menu? Thanks again!

_plane setobjecttexture [0,"\my-pbo\my-texture.paa"]

Where "0" is changed to match below

Where "\my-pbo\my-texture.paa" is your texture

Textures 0 to 8 are per below.

F22_1.jpg

F22_2.jpg

Original Textures

0 - "\3lb_f22\texture\f22_b1.paa"

1 - "\3lb_f22\texture\f22_wing_spads.paa"

2 - "\3lb_f22\texture\1stfw.paa"

3 - "\3lb_f22\texture\94fs.paa"

4 - "\3lb_f22\texture\acc.paa"

5 - "\3lb_f22\texture\af04-066.paa"

6 - "\3lb_f22\texture\ff.paa"

7 - "\3lb_f22\texture\marking1.paa"

8 - "\3lb_f22\texture\star1.paa"

Thanks for publishing the update nes4day !

How has work been coming along on this project?

There is also another thing that I have been wondering about the F-22's thrust vectoring. I thought it was 3D, but a lot of other people have been saying that it is 2D. The reason I thought it was 3D is because I have seen it do Yaw maneuvers really quickly....at least at stall speeds. Does it just have an advanced rudder or something? Someone please explain.

There is also another thing that I have been wondering about the F-22's thrust vectoring. I thought it was 3D, but a lot of other people have been saying that it is 2D. The reason I thought it was 3D is because I have seen it do Yaw maneuvers really quickly....at least at stall speeds. Does it just have an advanced rudder or something? Someone please explain.

F-22's thrusts can do vertical vectoring. However unlike Russian counterpart, they cannot perform horizontal and diagonal vectoring (fully-directional vectoring, same as 3D).

Edited by Dysta
F-22 cannot perform Horizonal Vectoring.

cTCGJAoAz_8

I see the pilot working the rudder, but I don't see anything moving in the thrust nozzles.

I see the pilot working the rudder, but I don't see anything moving in the thrust nozzles.

That's auxiliary engine to make the gear operational.

That's auxiliary engine to make the gear operational.

If you could, I would love to see a picture of the yaw axis thrust vectors in action. There does not seem to be any visible mechanical basis for your claims.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnsQp0eRvfGi5yAhcG40dH4Q89ZBbTh1-CJVAfxHFXt9YpjeNqbktBq1fR

If you could, I would love to see a picture of the yaw axis thrust vectors in action. There does not seem to be any visible mechanical basis for your claims.

Damnit, looks like someone did fooled me about the F-22's engine rudders. I've checked several websites like Wikipedia, Baidu Baike and HowStuffWorks and they're only mentioned it could doing -+20 degree of horizontal vectoring only.

However there's a data had proved that the 2D thrust vectoring can also perform horizontally, like the SU-30 MK1.

Hi.

Great addon, I like it!

However, there is one thing that I find annoying: the crosshair of the canon is like the one of an assault rifle.

Could you change it to a cross, like in the f35 or the a10?

Thanks

So I guess the t-50 might be more maneuverable after all. That sucks, well, for us, but I believe that they had to compromise part of their stealth as well for the maneuverability.

So I guess the t-50 might be more maneuverable after all. That sucks, well, for us, but I believe that they had to compromise part of their stealth as well for the maneuverability.

Since World War 2, Russian design philosophy has produced lighter and more manoeuvrable fighter aircraft on average than America. It is no big drama. That said, there is no data on which to base any comparison between the t-50 and the f-22, and there probably won't be for a long time.