Sign in to follow this  
nes4day

F-22A Raptor

Myke;1857968']Care to elaborate a bit more? Weapon bays shouldn't open anymore when dropping flares. Also otherways they are not linked together.

Erm' date=' I think its my bad now, lol ... read it wrong!

fixed:

- flare opening the weapon bay when being deployed

I didnt read the "fixed" part, .. I though when the weapon bay opens a flare is deployed too, haha .. stupid me! :j:

@Darkxess, can you confirm that the jet streams are missing?

@Isola, please check my update post on page 19

@=WBG=Wesley, please provide more details, have not encountered such errors before.

Edited by nes4day

I'm not Darkxess but jet streams are missing, yes.

Yeah, its confirmed! not working mate .. :(

@Derbysieger & Darkxess: Okay, I will see to it and fix it ASAP, I was so focused on the afterburner problem, and didn't notice the jet streams went missing. :P

But I'm going away for a few days, I can still work on this but I won't be able to do any in-game tests to ensure that said problems are fixed.

@Derbysieger & Darkxess: Okay, I will see to it and fix it ASAP, I was so focused on the afterburner problem, and didn't notice the jet streams went missing. :P

But I'm going away for a few days, I can still work on this but I won't be able to do any in-game tests to ensure that said problems are fixed.

Mate, just take your time .. that way the problems will all be fixed in due course. :)

@nes4day i got it fixed already im sorry for the lag of info i gave you but its fixed now dunno what the it was caused by but the jet stream they work fine for me.

The 0.4 version is much better than 0.25, just the wheel rolling anim missed when runnning on the airstrip.

@Derbysieger & Darkxess: I've only just got back to my home PC, I've tested the uploaded version, and I still have the jet streams. So I don't know what's going on here.

Also, next update is planned to have the speed drop sorted and wheel not turning fixed.

@Derbysieger & Darkxess: I've only just got back to my home PC, I've tested the uploaded version, and I still have the jet streams. So I don't know what's going on here.

Also, next update is planned to have the speed drop sorted and wheel not turning fixed.

Em, just tried it again to double check and you must at least of tuned it down a little then as its not as much as the first release! never mind anyways.

Also, please please sort out the machine gun sound! lol ... its so not good hearing that cannon fire :D

Well this thread quieted down abruptly :\

Yeah, sorry, haven't had time to do much to the addon, with moving house and uni just started 2 weeks ago. I haven't been able to make the progress I was hoping for.

But I'm still working on the addon, and hopefully a stable & bug free version will be released before the end of the month (no promises though, :p). I had a problem with Oxygen three weeks ago, when it crashed, it took my entire working folder with it, and with the limited time space, I only managed to restore the addon to its current state last week.

Again, please be patient as I will update this in the future. :)

This looks amazing, I still have to try it though. Only got to try it in Arma I and the sluggish handling turned me off, but all the other features, the animations are amazing.

I have only played ARMA 2 for a few minutes but never tried any airplanes, does ARMA 2 support working multifuctional displays? Multiple target locking and simultaneous attack?

As for multiple target tracking and simultaneous attack, I think Mando Missile scripts allow it, though I don't know if it allows to use the weapons that actually in the plane and not the ones spawned by the script. I have no idea if working MFDs are a possibility with the ARMA 2 engine.

Thanks for the port.

This looks amazing, I still have to try it though. Only got to try it in Arma I and the sluggish handling turned me off, but all the other features, the animations are amazing.

I have only played ARMA 2 for a few minutes but never tried any airplanes, does ARMA 2 support working multifuctional displays? Multiple target locking and simultaneous attack?

As for multiple target tracking and simultaneous attack, I think Mando Missile scripts allow it, though I don't know if it allows to use the weapons that actually in the plane and not the ones spawned by the script. I have no idea if working MFDs are a possibility with the ARMA 2 engine.

Thanks for the port.

I think that multi-locking right now is only achievable with Mando Missile, and as for the MFDs, I believe Gnat [GLT]Myke had something that look really good in one of his WIP videos for the F-16.

Information on the update, I have a few university assignments on my hands right now, so it will have to wait. I will try to do some minor tweaks and might post an updated version soon but I don't really see the point of releasing another update before the handling has been fixed.

Edited by nes4day
Replying when he should be sleeping...

I think that multi-locking right now is only achievable with Mando Missile, and as for the MFDs, I believe Gnat had something that look really good in one of his WIP videos for the F-16.

Information on the update, I have a few university assignments on my hands right now, so it will have to wait. I will try to do some minor tweaks and might post an updated version soon but I don't really see the point of releasing another update before the handling has been fixed.

I see, hope it works out. In the meantime I've edited Scar's F-22 for ARMA I, I've improved the flight model (envelope and aileron/elevator sensitivity), I added afterburner and the affects from Lethal/Gnat so now it's maneuverable and stays in the air easier, I've managed to pull some cool post-stall ish maneuvers and even hover with a 90 degree AoA thanks to the huge thrust from from Lethal's afterburner script. I'll try to contact a mod to see if they let me release it as an update to Scar's F-22.

On the other hand, as I've messed around with the files (Scar's F-22 for ARMA I), it seems like the way the model works is by making the missiles inside the weapon bays invisible after one is fired right? So the missiles are actually hard-coded in the p3d model, changing payload would require one to edit the model, is this correct?

I forgot to mention, do you plan on adding the darker paintjob texture?

Pic 1

Pic 2

Edited by Jklv

Myke;1885405']Gnat? WIP Videos? F-16?

WTF? Link? ;)

Oh, dear, A thousand apologies, I meant you of course.

The video I'm referring to I believe it's called F-16 WIP3

I really should stop forum browsing after 11... :P

@Jklv, the missiles are not hard coded in the model, they use proxy like a normal missile on any other plane

I have plans to improve the look of the addon (new texture and cockpit) after I solve all the config related issues

Out of curiosity, for your tweak, is that for Arma1 or ArmA2?

Edited by nes4day

Oh, dear, A thousand apologies, I meant you of course.

The video I'm referring to I believe it's called F-16 WIP3

I really should stop forum browsing after 11... :P

@Jklv, the missiles are not hard coded in the model, they use proxy like a normal missile on any other plane

I have plans to improve the look of the addon (new texture and cockpit) after I solve all the config related issues

Out of curiosity, for your tweak, is that for Arma1 or ArmA2?

Oh the tweak is for ARMA I from Scar's original F-22. I only tweaked the config file for the envelope and control surface sensitivity. Then to the init I added a line to execute Lethal/Gnat Aircraft effects sqs files which I added to the PBO. I tweaked the afterburner script a bit to make it spend less fuel and increased the boost so the F-22 can climb vertically (lol) I still have to set the afterburner lined up with the engines though.

My following plans were to make an SDB loadout but I didn't find any SDB for ARMA 1, I could try to incorporate the p3d models from GLT and add them to the config. But then I tried to figure out how the missiles actually go in the weapon bays and came to the conclusion that they were already in the p3d file, based on how the script worked. It has something like setObjectTexture[_x, ""] which looks like the missile models are set to invisible, they are also listed as hiddenSelections.

I'm kinda "Reverse engineering" Scar's F-22 to add more functionality but I guess I hit a roadblock since my modelling skills are non-existent.

If Scar's model contains proxies as you said, I'd still need to add more proxies I think, since there are six, one for each ARAAM while I'd need 10 for the SDB loadout, 2 for ARAAMS and 8 for the SDBs.

If I may, what config issues have you encountered so in the current version?

I could try to incorporate the p3d models from GLT and add them to the config.

Care to elaborate?

Myke;1886181']Care to elaborate?

Basically make your addon for ARMA II compatible with the F-22 for ARMA I. I'm not sure if the class could be overridden though or if the models would work with ARMA I, and even then the F-22 would need new proxies, etc. So what I did was just leave the stock missiles and made them able to target ground targets. I think I'll just move on to ARMA II unless my computer isn't able to handle it. In that case I think I'll resort to Mando Missile's and make a special script for the F-22 so when a missile is fired the weapon bay's open and a missile disappears.

Such a hassle, best hope my PC can handle ARMA 2. And still, the view distance is such a limiting factor. Even in ARMA I my FPS lower when I set the view distance to 6,000! Kinda hard to exploit the F-22 BVR capabilities, but then again, something 2,000m away is already invisible....

On another note, I was unable to find the functional MDF video of yours, do you have a link?

Edited by Jklv

If this F22 is at least the same as old scars's one from A1, MMA with multitargeting was already working quite well with the original version and the weapons included in it:

It should work at least the same with the A2 port.