Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Winter

It's our hidden "copy protection". :p

cwr2_config.pbo = cwr2

Now thats what I call a proper OFP ;)

Thanks very much, merry christmas and have a happy new year:xmas_o:

Thank you CWR team :D Very nice!!

I thought BIS fixed the whole I'm-in-a-friendly-vehicle-therefore-you-shouldn't-shoot-me thing, but I guess not.

Its finally working as it should imo, why would you get shot at when you are in an enemy vehicle when they shouldnt be able to see who's the driver? When you get close enough they do see you as enemy. I tested the distances and its quite ok. I like it.

The problem is that the chopper gunner reports enemies in boats. But they are still friendly.

The updated Kozlice shell ammo is a definite improvement, but a new oddity is that where you aim the gun is always where lowest pellet lands. Also, Kozlice's config has an empty magazines entry, making automated magazine adding impossible.

Good to hear. :)

Not sure how to fix the pellet landing, or if it's possible to fix at all.

The Kozlice is a pretty complicated thing, using two muzzles for each bullet type. The weapon itself has no magazines defined at all because they are defined in the muzzle config. I can try and add a magazines line at the weapon but I'm not sure if it breaks anything. We will see.

Also if at all possible, make the spread smaller. I'm not sure what exactly it should be, but hunting shotguns tend to have a smaller one. Maybe 1/2 of the current one?

And maybe change a recoil too. Moving your gun from top to bottom (like in vanilla) after a few shots is easier on the hand and feels more natural than a gun jumping down harshly after each shot.

Great job on this guys!

I never remember the names of the missions from Ofp ,but the minute you play them! You remember the missions! :cool:

For mission such as kill'em all, how the heck are you able to take out a russian force of 20 plus APC and reinforcement? Is this suppose to be one of those mission impossible scenarios?

It's a mission from OFP: Elite. You just need to be a decent player to beat it. (See Celery's speed-run. :p)

Like Steal the Car, do it enough times and you'll become a professional.

:)

Better late than never - didn't had the chance to have a closer look until today;

MANY THANKS :)

Now maybe someone makes an ambush scenario from The Package? :)

Now maybe someone makes an ambush scenario from The Package? :)
Off topic, but there's a nice blooper on that piece of video footage: Towards the end, the Volvo's rear window gets blown out with the shot gun, and as they drive off it's repaired again :)

just a tiny request guys. Can you make it so the units can use backpacks. Not that they would whilst in the CWR missions or OFP campaign remade. But say if I wanted to make a mission set back then but with 1980s units.

One thing I am seriously hoping for is when CWR² (hopefully a full CWR² Winter as well) is completely finished and released is that someone will make a replacement pack. To replace all default BIS units, vehicles & weapons with CWR² units, vehicles & weapons.

I would especially love to see CWR² Winter replacements with all their vehicles winterized as well. I'm feeling kind of nostalgic for the old OFP Winter missions.

Hopefully someone will make Winter Everon, Winter Malden, Winter Nogova and maybe a Winter Chernarus & Utes as well.

^_^,v,,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything looks better covered in snow & ice.

just a tiny request guys. Can you make it so the units can use backpacks. Not that they would whilst in the CWR missions or OFP campaign remade. But say if I wanted to make a mission set back then but with 1980s units.

Done already. In the next patch new units are included which can carry OA backpacks as well as our very own backpacks. :)

Hopefully someone will make Winter Everon, Winter Malden, Winter Nogova and maybe a Winter Chernarus & Utes as well.

Sure, if that's all you need... You know our magic terrain machine spits them out by just pressing 3 buttons. :cool:

Replacement packs shouldn't be much of a problem. However until the final release it's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go and there's a lot more to do which has higher priority.

our magic terrain machine spits them out by just pressing 3 buttons. :cool:

I just love all the winterized terrains, they're so kewl looking and the environment is awesome. Get a little snow blowing and a little wind howling through the trees… :D

One thing I am seriously hoping for is when CWR² (hopefully a full CWR² Winter as well) is completely finished and released is that someone will make a replacement pack. To replace all default BIS units, vehicles & weapons with CWR² units, vehicles & weapons.

I would especially love to see CWR² Winter replacements with all their vehicles winterized as well. I'm feeling kind of nostalgic for the old OFP Winter missions.

^_^,v,,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything looks better covered in snow & ice.

that doesn't really make sense. the storyline for the arma 2/oa campaigns are modern. cold war rearmed, as its name suggests is about a fictional cold war scenario. hope you understand. thanks

You know our magic terrain machine spits them out by just pressing 3 buttons.

Wow! I want one of them!!! :D

Great job with this pack as usual Wolle...!

Memory minefields all over this island! - installing this and the winter reskins was the very first "addons" I ever used... along with a crazy Russian sort of motorised "sledge" addon which was great fun... absolutely brilliant to see this stuff make a return - and done so professionally too!

Tremendous fun!

Thanks a lot to all involved!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Great to see that CWR2 is on the way!

For making all the missions and campaigns you will need some good coffee and patience too.

Wow! I want one of them!!! :D

Great job with this pack as usual Wolle...!

Memory minefields all over this island! - installing this and the winter reskins was the very first "addons" I ever used... along with a crazy Russian sort of motorised "sledge" addon which was great fun... absolutely brilliant to see this stuff make a return - and done so professionally too!

Tremendous fun!

Thanks a lot to all involved!

B

Hehe, heres something for nostalgic feelings:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics2/RHSAerosan1.jpg

I assume you meant our Aerosan ( Made by Sebastian Müller -who also made the BIS Ka-60 in PMC- back then ).

that doesn't really make sense. the storyline for the arma 2/oa campaigns are modern. cold war rearmed, as its name suggests is about a fictional cold war scenario. hope you understand. thanks

Yes, it's "modern" but people don't stop fighting just because it's snowing.

With the winter replacements what I was really getting at is this. If you have KuiK's Winter Camo Pack and if there were a Winter version of the summervegetation (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10093) then you can go back and play all the ArmA 2 stuff in the winter.

Of course for people that only bothered to buy Operation Arrowhead Stand Alone this would be pointless. Having winter looking plants & trees and soldiers & vehicles in the desert would look pretty stupid. Then again it does snow in Afghanistan, so maybe it wouldn't look that bad…

KuiK's Winter Camo Pack is a good replacement and the vehicles look great on winter maps, but the soldiers don't look properly equipped for a winter campaign. Especially the guys running around with their sleeves rolled up. The CWR² winter soldiers look much better and would make a good replacement if you wanted to play in the snow.

Back in Operation Flashpoint pretty much all I did was MFCTI Winter Coop missions (and played around on Tonal Isle with the BAS stuff). I just kind of miss playing around in the snow with my friends.

http://www.opflashpoint.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13936

http://www.opflashpoint.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14237

I just hope that when CWR² is released they include some winter islands and stuff. Winter Kolgujev really takes me back. Great Work! :D

Edited by kage74