Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Yep.

For example:

You even have to unlock FLARES for aircraft :D

Sucks big time in my opinion (the whole unlock system)...

I totally agree. In fact, that thought crossed my mind throughout the whole campaign (why don't i just watch a movie instead?) :D

Nonetheless the mission had a great atmosphere and immersion (with like 0% replayability. Like the rest of the campaign.)

I guess the lame reasoning there is that it extends play time and gives the player something to work towards...damn what a big step back from bf2, this is worse than even bc2.

Edited by NodUnit

did they fixed the squad menu. As in can i join whatever squad out there, especially if i am playing with friends?

Yes, however the squads are still only 4 players and not 6 or 8, also you can spawn on every member of the squad and not the squadleader only.

I guess the lame reasoning there is that it extends play time and gives the player something to work towards...damn what a big step back from bf2, this is worse than even bc2.

Wanna bet there is a big chance that in a few months they will start selling upgrades for money like they did with BF Heroes?

No other reason to enforce that MMO-style joke

Thank you, BIS, that you don't do shit like EA does with BF3 !

On the most frequented jounal on politics EA is since a few hours on the front page with the main headline: "EA spying on users with BF3" and there is - for good reasons - an enourmos reaction in the forums!

:D Just look at the ratings at amazon.de :D

http://www.amazon.de/s?ie=UTF8&tag=firefox-de-21&index=blended&link_code=qs&field-keywords=battlefield%203&sourceid=Mozilla-search

Most of the 1-star-ratings come because of this piece of sh*t Origin... I also would like to play the game, but not this way!

Yeah, and in the Spiegel.de - Forums there is a post per minute. Great show.

:D The great this is (and I never would have expected it) that in the SPIEGEL-forums there is a talk about Arma 2 as alternative. :D

Not bad! :)

so i get home from work and i try to start this game up and first EA's stupid steam knock off won't work so i had to reinstall that. now i cant get origin to activate the stupid game so now i have to uninstall it and download it all over again. on the plus side there is some amusing ranting threads on EA's forums. this one is my favorite so far

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7658626.page

Quality, game is running great here!

Ring any bells from a launch???? ;)

on the plus side there is some amusing ranting threads on EA's forums. this one is my favorite so far

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7658626.page

It's not downloading the game from the internet, I don't have BF3 but

something to do with the way you install from the DVD is making people think it is.

Probably just some weird onscreen message that was copy/pasted from the digital version that someone forgot to correct.

it does update the game after install though.

Game is awesome, war without all the boring bits (where ArmA might be; war with all the boring bits).

...you can spawn on every member of the squad and not the squadleader only.

That's a server setting of which there are a suprisingly good selection and probably more to come:

vars.serverName controls the name of the server, as seen in the server browser.

vars.gamePassword - if set, players must enter this password when connecting to the server.

vars.friendlyFire – when set, people can inflict damage on others in the same team.

vars.killCam – when set, a killed player gets to see a close-up of his/hers killer for a few seconds.

vars.miniMap – when set, a minimap is available in the bottom-left corner of the screen during play.

vars.hud – when set, the hud is present.

vars.crossHair – when set, guns have crosshairs in the center of the screen.

vars.3dSpotting – when set, spotted targets are marked with icons in the 3D world.

vars.miniMapSpotting - when set, spotted targets are marked with icons on the minimap.

vars.3pCam - when set, 3rd person vehicle cameras are enabled.

vars.nameTag – when set, nametags are rendered over players’ heads in the 3D world.

vars.regenerateHealth – when set, health regeneration is enabled.

vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed – when set, vehicles will spawn in-game.

vars.vehicleSpawnDelay – controls the delay between vehicle spawn; specified in percent (100% = normal).

vars.soldierHealth – sets maximum soldier health, specified in percent (0-100%; 100% = normal).

vars.playerRespawnTime – controls player respawn delay; specified in percent (100% = normal).

vars.playerManDownTime - controls player man-down time; specified in percent (100% = normal).

vars.bulletDamage – controls bullet damage; specified in percent (0-100%; 100% = normal).

vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn – when set, players can only spawn on the squad leader.

vars.roundStartPlayerCount – when the server is in pre-round, it waits for this many players to be present until it proceeds to start the real round.

vars.roundRestartPlayerCount – when a round is going, if the number of players drops under this number, the round will be aborted and the server moves back to pre-round.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Actually I should qualify that, multiplayer is awesome. Singleplayer is the usual led-by-the-nose stuff.

Yes its true, Amazon is deleting 1 star ratings. I think they do get some money from EA, just like all those testers that give 90+ ratings

Well, then it will be important to document the statistic:

1.424 Rezensionen

5 Sterne: (102)

4 Sterne: (21)

3 Sterne: (21)

2 Sterne: (21)

1 Sterne: (1.259)

Edited by Herbal Influence

Game is awesome, war without all the boring bits (where ArmA might be; war with all the boring bits).

That's a server setting of which there are a suprisingly good selection and probably more to come:

Actually I should qualify that, multiplayer is awesome. Singleplayer is the usual led-by-the-nose stuff.

Yepp ,just bought a small server last night and that was the 1st setting i changed-spawn only on squad leaders! :cool:

Funny thing was,while i was checking the server settings-in 5 mins the server was full! :D

Got it working now, It's a pretty fun game, but I wish they used Steam instead of Origin. (Or better: no DRM at all...sweet dreams...)

Got it working now, It's a pretty fun game, but I wish they used Steam instead of Origin. (Or better: no DRM at all...sweet dreams...)

i second that. when i got bad company 2 off steam, the game worked properly like all the other games i bought off steam. i finally got the game to work when i found out that origin needs IE9 installed and even still trying to join a game is troublesome since i keep getting locked up alot as i try and join a game

Here's my conclusion.

BF3=Excellent game.

Origin=An extremely stupid idea.

Here's the official answer to the people who bought DVD and think Origin is downloading the game.

http://help.ea.com/article/physical-bf3-disc-install-via-origin

Someone screwed up and put "Downloading" instead of "Installing" during the install from DVD.

You'd think people would notice the rediculously high "Download" speeds.

You could, conversely, expect that someone within EA would have noticed that one of their programmers didn't do their job correctly...

Im always wondering what kind of havoc that little orange demon is meddling in down there hidden in my toolbar with no option for Exit (anymore). Clearly it's VooDoo.

The MP game itself is pretty nice at what it does although is there a game mode where everyone only gets one life? Spawning sucks -how can you tactically secure an area when magic people with guns can appear from directly behind you :eek:

I like the 1 life to live, shoot and die by.

Have to say, I'm sold. DICE really hit the jackpot with this one. Never ever i've had the same kind of feeling being in the middle of a battle then with this game now. Atmosphere is just awsome. Graphics and sound. woot. Game engine does the job. First fast paced FPS since CODUO for me that i enjoy. (mainly BIS products 10 years, some Red Ochestra) Sure there are some stupid things in this game... but hey so does OFP/ArmA and i've played those 10 years. ...and waiting ArmA3 eagerly. :D

edit. oh yea Origin sucks but i like the battlelog thing.

Managed to setup dualboot WinXP / Win7 on the WE and gotta say BF3 is a blast. Only gripe are the cutscenes in the campaign where you need to do timed keypresses ....i thought that sort of 'gameplay' would have died in the 80ies. Guess not.

Looking forward to install ArmA2 CO on Win7 with 16GB Ram and see how it plays. :)

)rStrangelove;2047872']Managed to setup dualboot WinXP / Win7 on the WE and gotta say BF3 is a blast. Only gripe are the cutscenes in the campaign where you need to do timed keypresses ....i thought that sort of 'gameplay' would have died in the 80ies. Guess not.

Those press the button are there because somehow this stuff seems to be loved by the button pushers ;)

Looking forward to install ArmA2 CO on Win7 with 16GB Ram and see how it plays. :)

just the same unfortunately. I have 16gb and 24GB respectively on my rigs, would love to have a game to actually use that (especially one that deals with tons for big textures such as A2)