Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

120+ hours wont get you General of the Army, I think most alpha testers have gotten that rank or require that rank plus veteran status.

Indeed. Level 30 coupled with the slowest ranking system in gaming plus the lack of motivation to play a samey, brown, competitive FPS and be screamed at by kids and banned by insecure admins. Guess I'll never be accepted. :rolleyes:

Just get more goldstars/platinumstars :j:

:D

I remember my first platinum star..... oh those were the days.... :D

I get the Gameinformer magazine and there was an article on BF3 and there was a picture with the caption "The sense of scale in BF3 is impressive" but it only showed 4 tanks and 2 jets in an open desert. And I guarantee you that you will not be able to explore outside of a certain section of that desert.

mfw People still compare ArmA3 and BF3

312.jpg

It is BF3, nothing more and nothing less. It does not want to compete with ArmA's scale. What is the point of exploring 100's of km², when the game is developed for BF2 size maps?

Seems like a competent & fun shooter to me. I like the effect grenades have on nearby vegetation.

I don't know. I'll probably get it for the SP experience, play through it 1.1 times (0.1 being the time needed to find out it's an excact repeat of the first playthrough). As for MP, people dressed like soldiers in a good environment with military weapons, is the only thing that separates it from Unreal Tournament TDM games - not impressed.

Proper dev tools are a requirement to really sink deep into a game. From what I've heard this one may not even come with basic dev tools.

Although scripted and action based (like most others these days), yeah, the SP part looked pretty good actually. Better than I was prepared to admit :p

wow, falling trees - and i guess they'll block AI line of sight - really wish ArmA3 has this.

Dunno how often i was killed by AI because the street is full of mashed trees.

)rStrangelove;1990565']wow' date=' falling trees - and i guess they'll block AI line of sight - really wish ArmA3 has this.

Dunno how often i was killed by AI because the street is full of mashed trees.[/quote']

Falling trees block AI line of sight in Arma 2. The tree has viewblock properties that rotate with the object as it falls.

You were killed because the viewblock geometry of leaves and pine needles that are normally thirty feet off the ground is simplified and inaccurate.

Also, further to the above and as far as I know, although there is viewblock on fallen trees there is no fire geometry, so any shots fired at you will simply go right through fallen trees.

This might answer some questions as to why you haven't been invited to alpha trial....

If you're dying to play Battlefield 3 before everyone else then you may just have a chance. EA has revealed that the Alpha Trial will include a limited number of users who have signed up to receive the Battlefield newsletter as well as being a Battlefield Veteran.

I read that before I signed up. I am signed up to the newsletter and was still not accepted.

I read that before I signed up. I am signed up to the newsletter and was still not accepted.
Battlefield and BIS' games have never been in competition, and I see nothing about Battlefield 3 that would change that.

What is with the massive hard-on people have for Frostbite 2?

I'm still quite unimpressed.

Perhaps their Dev's read these boards :p

Just watch the vid Mr.Charles posted and all other vids that guy has on his channel... imo watching a good vid is better then testing it sometimes....

I have been playing some more of the Alpha, I was very disappointed at first because it wasn't BF2 in a new skin. but as I have played I have found it more fun. It has some real nice touches that I'm liking very much. It's way better than Bad Company:2. So far it's no very much like BF:2. It will be a great shooter, for any clan wanting some intense online battles. It is not a simulator, it's a shooter.

I have been playing some more of the Alpha, I was very disappointed at first because it wasn't BF2 in a new skin. but as I have played I have found it more fun. It has some real nice touches that I'm liking very much. It's way better than Bad Company:2. So far it's no very much like BF:2. It will be a great shooter, for any clan wanting some intense online battles. It is not a simulator, it's a shooter.

Darn you for having alpha access :butbut:;)

I dont think any successor tries to be like its predecessor. Speaking of games that is....

by the way i dont like at all this cod4ization of bf3 started with bc2 which makes bf3 in fact a bc3. bf2 was great. but now we will have just a cod4 + vehicles.

;1990856']I dont think any successor tries to be like its predecessor. Speaking of games that is....

Nothing seems to be these days...in fact i think the entire concept of what a sequel is meant to be is utterly lost...if CM forums are any indication.

I wouldn't say BF3 is like CoD4.

It's definitely a BF styled game, however, it's not the sequel a true BF fan would be wanting for BF2.

Then again, comparing BF2 to 1942, you could say the same. Small and closed maps, much faster gameplay, whole new era decisions, entirely new weapon balancing. Removal of any real aerial or naval combat .. The list could go on with what they removed from 1942 with BF2.

Yet we still consider BF2 to be the true BF ...