Sign in to follow this  
abel

Bunch of patches

there´s an error with the Key´s server does kick me with the reason

wrong signature for baf_dubbing.pbo

note: this is only for BAF not BAF lite, there does it work.

same here :(

So, I understand that I only need to apply 1.55 patch as I have both Arma 2 & Arma 2 : Operation Arrowhead.

But looking sizes, I see OA patch 1.55 is 254 Mo and Arma 2 patch 1.08 is 323 Mo

How OA patch 1.55 can contain 1.08 if smaller ?

Mirors available:

Arma 2: British Armed Forces Patch v1.01 from ArmaHolic

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Patch 1.55 from ArmaHolic

About the ArmA 2 1.08, it's still in download, I don't know much time it'll take.

So, I understand that I only need to apply 1.55 patch as I have both Arma 2 & Arma 2 : Operation Arrowhead.

But looking sizes, I see OA patch 1.55 is 254 Mo and Arma 2 patch 1.08 is 323 Mo

How OA patch 1.55 can contain 1.08 if smaller ?

Depends on what the arma2 patch includes, if it includes some OA features or something from OA, that could be normal, I've take a look at the readme ATM Edited by tom_48_97

Mirors available:

Depends on what the arma2 patch includes, if it includes some OA features or something from OA, that could be normal, I've take a look at the readme ATM

Ok, I understand. Thanks

VOs for ArmA2 original modules are still not available

I bet the ability to talk to civies too

Where is ARMEX?

Duh

A2 patch 1.00 - 1.07 is 329 MB

A2 beta build v75288 is 8.6 MB

Now the new A2 patch 1.00 - 1.08 is 323 MB ?

The new A2+OA patch 1.55 is 254 MB ?

incl.

This patch will also update your original Arma 2 1.00-1.07 to 1.08 if necessary
Btw Today is the opening of carnival :pet12: :party:

The website says here:

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

"This update is for all Arma 2: British Armed Forces versions except STEAM. For STEAM version use STEAM update."

But there's no Steam update and no link for further explanation. So am I right in thinking we Steam users are just supposed to wait? If so, can you (BIS) give us a date or time when we can get this update? (In the meantime, I don't want to update my clan's server or have my clan members updating, till we can all get on, I guess, so I hope the wait isn't long.)

As far as I understand:

ARMA2 only then just install the ARMA2 patch 1.08

Combined Ops: (ARMA2 + OA) then just install OA patch 1.55

OperationArrowhead then just install OA patch 1.55

BAF DLC then also get BAF 1.01

Hey yall, originally I dumped my BAF into my OA/addons folder, and just use it as a part of OA with no special shortcut. Will the patch for BAF still update it, or does it need to be in its own folder?

Hey yall, originally I dumped my BAF into my OA/addons folder, and just use it as a part of OA with no special shortcut. Will the patch for BAF still update it, or does it need to be in its own folder?

I would guess that might cause some problems with the patching.

Nice to see the BAF lite upgrade, I'm sure people will still complain about the quality but hey, the fact that we got it for free AND are getting a bit of an upgrade speaks volumes imo.

The website says here:

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

"This update is for all Arma 2: British Armed Forces versions except STEAM. For STEAM version use STEAM update."

But there's no Steam update and no link for further explanation. So am I right in thinking we Steam users are just supposed to wait? If so, can you (BIS) give us a date or time when we can get this update? (In the meantime, I don't want to update my clan's server or have my clan members updating, till we can all get on, I guess, so I hope the wait isn't long.)

Yeah, STEAM isn't showing any updates or patches, it'll take a day or 2 I bet. Especially with all the focus on fixing the slew of problems with COD Black Ops.

Hey! They fixed the L85 w/GL SUSAT iron sights! And that gun is not even used unless you give it to a unit in the init field... The fact that they bothered to fix this has just reaffirmed my love for BIS.

In my missions, I usually give the SUSAT equipped guns to all the L85-carrying BAF grunts for the sake of realism.

Why didn't you install it properly?

@ someone that installed patch 1.08 for ArmA2 DVD standalone:

Can you check please if tank recoil and dust effect is back?

Thank you (or tank you ;))

As far as I understand:

ARMA2 only then just install the ARMA2 patch 1.08

Combined Ops: (ARMA2 + OA) then just install OA patch 1.55

OperationArrowhead then just install OA patch 1.55

BAF DLC then also get BAF 1.01

BAF patch is included in OA patch 1.55

BAF patch is included in OA patch 1.55

The OA 1.55 patch updates BAF LITE only

The OA 1.55 patch updates BAF LITE only

The readme didn't mention it was for Lite only, so I assumed it was for the real thing too. My mistake, then.

This patch will also update your ARMA 2 1.05 to 1.07 and ARMA 2 BAF 1.00 to 1.01 if necessary

The readme didn't mention it was for Lite only, so I assumed it was for the real thing too. My mistake, then.

Me too.

Who could explain what the bolded text below means?...

Arma 2: British Armed Forces - version 1.01 highlights

- Brand new grenade launcher optics

- Doubled quality of BAF-Lite experience

- Broad range of fixes and tweaks

...does that mean that buying BAF will double the quality of textures compated to free BAF-Life that is included in 1.54 and 1.55 patches?

Me too.

Who could explain what the bolded text below means?...

Arma 2: British Armed Forces - version 1.01 highlights

- Brand new grenade launcher optics

- Doubled quality of BAF-Lite experience

- Broad range of fixes and tweaks

...does that mean that buying BAF will double the quality of textures compated to free BAF-Life that is included in 1.54 and 1.55 patches?

No it means that those who didn't buy get better looking units (textures and stuff).

EDIT-

I'm also assuming (and according to read-me) that 1.55 updates Arma 2, OA, and BAF (not just lite). I'll admit I was confused at first too... I get too excited about patches to think clearly sometimes.

Edited by Mosh

BIS has increased the quality of BAF LITE in OA 1.55 (for those who did not buy BAF).

...and they have improved the DLC one for those that did buy it (BAF patch v1.01)

Don't we love BIS :mwah:

...does that mean that buying BAF will double the quality of textures compared to free BAF-Life that is included in 1.54 and 1.55 patches?

Yes, of course buying BAF DLC will increase the quality from BAF Lite (even 1.55 version)

Edited by EDcase

Still nobody clearly explained WHY ArmA2 patch to 1.08 is aprox.100mb

bigger than 1.55 patch which updates A2+OA+BAF lite.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: