Sign in to follow this  
Nixo

CDF Conscripts

AddOn on hold until I can decide what camo I'll go with. :P

I actually quite like that camo, in a different colour would be better of course.

LOL @ DPNU. Of course it looks better in a different colour, because it is actually...

-upload.wikimedia.org-wikipedia-en-thumb-c-c0-Auscam.jpg-120px-Auscam.jpg

Hi there!

very nice to finaly see somebody taking care of the cdf....

I like the idea of conscripts having older and outdated equipment, but, I'd love to see the regular guys getting a bit of an improvement in their stuff too. I don't know, but Cherno always reminded me of Georgia, so maybe take some inspiration from them, or turn them into some sort of late 90s US equiped force :)

Regarding the camo: well, I'd stick with the current CDF camo. honestly I belive that the military wouldn't issue different patterns for regulars and conscripts, and maybe the later ones getting a more "modern" one (marpat or any other pixelcamos) however, the good old woodland is a solid choice if you really want a different camo for them.

just my 2cents ;)

Hi there!

Regarding the camo: well, I'd stick with the current CDF camo. honestly I belive that the military wouldn't issue different patterns for regulars and conscripts,

Sure they do.

This (M/62) is the ugly-ass camo we Finns get to wear during the first couple of months of our mandatory service.

Nowadays, we use the much more practical M/91 camo (more pockets. MANY more pockets. Oh yes).

Although I've begun seeing guys wearing the brand-spanking new M/05 digital camo these days as well, so hey.

Basically, my point is: camos get upgraded and changed in armies all the time, so there's no reason why different units wouldn't have different types of camo. Consider Chernarussian history and the state of their army, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a huge surplus of Soviet-era old uniforms from the 60's and 70's hanging around that they hand out to their conscripts, reserving the fancy-schmancy newer "CDF" camo for their regular troops :) Maybe even introducing new digital camo to any potential special forces-types (as well as new ballistic vests, helmets, weapons and gear).

Good luck with this addon - a very good effort!

Regards,

Wolfrug

^^ +1

Everything is looking pretty nice, man. Always nice to see people dabble with the fictive side of ArmA. Don't get me wrong, all the real-world stuff is nice, but it gets old fast and always nice to have something a bit "different". Plus, it's always fun to see what people come up with creatively. Keep it up! :D

@Wolfrug: Greetings fellow countryman. And yes, I decided to give the CDF the marpat camo, since I figured they adapted it from the USMC. They decided to use a similar marpat pattern, a bit different in color. But still marpat. The uniform is sewed in a different way tough.

@Betsalel: Yes well, when you make real life stuff, the pressure of making everything as authentic/real as possible is very frustrating. You try too hard and you are never happy with the result... :) That's why I decided to get some off time and a creativity boost making these units.

RELEASE

Version: 1.0

CDF conscripts.

See info on first page.

For ArmA 2 & CO only. OA not supported.

MULTIUPLOAD http://www.multiupload.com/JSKO9HCG3S

The marpat is still on the naval units. I kind of like them, so they will wear them for a while, if there is alot of protest against it, then I will probably change it.

I liked the "normal" camo better, maybe you should put that on the naval units too with maybe more blueish camo? that would be pretty nice i think :)

Very nice, always nice to see a little more variation for the CDF and this does a great job.

Yup, real nice. Fits into my vision of Chernarus better then the vanilla version (I'm blaming the fancy helmet, hehe).

But yes, maybe a blue pattern (NWU?) or a different a navy pattern for the Navy guys.

Edited by colossus

First of great iniative

I like the fact that your CDF camo is a bit more green than the orignial, fells a bit more like a summer camo than the Bis standard.

But here comes my wish list.

Give all the army conscripts the same helmet as the NCO(and keep it OD)

Introduce a new catogory called reservists and let them use the old "east" helmets OD or black.

Stream line the conscript marins maybe MARPAT(Nixo version) uniforms and OD/Black PASGAT helmets.

And of course they should have some more fancy webbing than the other conscript/reservists (USMC in Chernarus = CDF Marins gets more toys)

Maybe give the Trainer the same uniforms as regular CDF troops?

didn't know these were released, may i suggest making a thread in a&m:c or asking a moderator the move the thread?

PM:ed mr.Rellikki. Thread will be moved shortly :)

Tested 'em love 'em, good work!

well, I like them. Now, that I can try them ingame, I must admit that they blend in perfectly, giving the CDF a much more believeable touch. Which brings me directly to my question:

would it be possible to make a version of the CDF regulars, equipped with the PASGT helmets and maybe a western style body armor? you know, the mixture of euipment they currently have just doesn't feel right.

Hey Nixo, nice to see you kept my idea alive, due to work and other commitments i don't think i'll be creting my conscripts any time soon. Used yours and they are good, the blood does seem a little bright though but other than that good. The only thing i would probably do is remove there webbing and give them Chicom webbing like the militia! but hey this is your project so you decide. I hope to get started in a months time but things don't always go to plan

... do is remove there webbing and give them Chicom webbing like the militia!

I tought of that. But they are trying to become more "westernized". And in my head, they sort of bought the current gear cheap from the Marines, since they had some left on the Khe thingy wingy.

And the blood is probably bright because of some .rvmats might be set up inproperly. Which is pretty easy to fix ;)

i'd use the militia model then as the standard cdf one has t0 much bulk if you reskin over body armour

They go very well together with my CDF UH-1 Huey released a while ago

yeah, would be good if the huey held more than a few people, not sure why BIS didn't give it a proper loadout

I for one like the marpat on the marines. they remind me of georgian reservists during the 2008 war. my question is why are they wearing the old US steel pot helmet? why would they import an obsolete us helmet when presumably they have large stocks of the old russian steel helmets on hand? I think that would match a little better. it would be really cool if you could expand these units a bit more, create more variety. maybe a mix of pasgt and steel pot, as well as us webbing vs chicom. presumably, these guys use whatever equipment they can get. also, a reskin of these in US woodland with the chicom vests and steel pots would make a cool chernarussian paramilitary police unit or something.