Sign in to follow this  
Nixo

CDF Conscripts

The conscripts look awesome! Very nice to have some new CDF talent to rock out on the battlefield. The only query I have is whether the Marine helmet should be painted green? It seems like if you're going to the effort of wearing woodland camo, you'd at least slap a bit of Khaki and or brown paint on the helmet. That said, this is nitpicking an awesome mod...

The thing is, now I just wonder where the regular marines have got to? ;)

There are no regular marines, as the Naval Infantry branch was just formed, it only consists of conscripts.

And the helmet is not really supposed to be a US steel helmet. Just a steel helmet. The helmet is based off the finnish m/62.

7867.jpg

I really like this addon myself, and it is one of the few addons that I am proud of. So there is a big chance that you will se an update soon ;)

Hey Nixo!

Just dropped in to say that I really like this addon of yours, and it's glad to see you getting better and better with each new addon, keep up the esprit!

A little update. A small special forces group will be added :)

Specialized in guerilla warfare.

Not some super duper special forces with super new digital camo and the newest rifle on the market. No, these are old school.... Or poor.

arma2oa2010111316472896.th.jpg

That's the first unit.

Edited by Nixo

Nice! CDF Special Forces, just what I've been waiting for.

But 1 thing, is there anyway you could...modernize them. I really want some Modern looking CDF Special Forces...Something like they got trained and supplied by the USMC FR.

So...Using their normal infantry camo, but a US Vest(any really), MICH Helmet, M4 or M16 variants as weapons.

I've just really been dying for some modern looking CDF Special Forces since A2 came out.

So we are asking fore as many different versions as possibel.

I promise no one will get angry if you give us a few more different camo and gear setups.;)

Hey Nixo, about those helmets you provided to your CDF conscripts, eventhough you may have based it upon Finnish steelpot army helmets, the shape of the helmet itself, and the leather straps combined with those, make it appear as a Czech copy of the old Soviet Russian 1950's helmet.

Right now the Russian faction also wears Steelpot helmets, being the SSh68 type, whereas the infamous Democratic Republic of Sahrani's SLA wore the Czech type helmet ever since the second patch to the original Armed Assault game.

For reference, here are some links/urls provided to some pictures.. Not because I want to be right, but I just want to point it out, for those who'd like to be informed on that matter called uniform-equipment.

Czech/Czechoslovak steel army helmet post-WWII/Cold War Era, type: M53/M80. http://rustybayonet.com/library/CzechArmyNewHelmet.jpg

The only difference between the Czech licenced M53/M80's and the soviet M40/M60, also known as: SSh40 / SSh60 types, the 60 being with better padding and advanced straps, buckling method compared to SSh40/M40 type, is the alternative lining of the Czech licensed model.

As the former Czechoslovak Federation lay within the Soviet-Russian sphere of Influence, due east of the infamous Iron Curtain, being member of the Warsaw Pact, and ruled by communist influence, it was not done to use Finnish M62 Army helmets, as those Fin/Suomi nation people, did not belong to the Soviet/Russian sphere of influence, unlike the Baltic states who were annexed during Soviet occupation in 1944/45, and continued to be after WWII until 1991. All the same with the former Czechoslovak Federation (being disbanded in 1989), which later had become seperate states (1992) to what they had become today, being Czech Republic and Slovak Republic (going into full effect in 1993!).

As for comparison between the Finnish/Suomi M62, and the Czech/Czechoslovakian M53/M80 helmet: Take a close look at the straps: Fin has 1 chin-strap, and nothing going around the neck, for extra stabilisation, however the Czech steelpot does have an extra strap going along the neck-area, connecting to the vertical strap in front the ears, near the cheekbone. Plus Fin never had worn Soviet look-alike-helmets. Were always Suomi-Finnish helmets, except for WWII period, wearing German Model 1935/M35 type, due to shortages and alliance to Nazi-Germany.

Nice! CDF Special Forces, just what I've been waiting for.

But 1 thing, is there anyway you could...modernize them. I really want some Modern looking CDF Special Forces...Something like they got trained and supplied by the USMC FR.

So...Using their normal infantry camo, but a US Vest(any really), MICH Helmet, M4 or M16 variants as weapons.

I've just really been dying for some modern looking CDF Special Forces since A2 came out.

well I like the idea with M16 variants like M16A2/GL but helmets... I think that berrets looks best on them ;)

Great idea adding some CDF Special Forces. But some variety in the head gear would be good. Hardly anyone wears berets in the field. I would like to see some patrol caps and boonie hats too.

Like fingolfin said, Berets really wouldnt be used in the field and they just look a bit odd. I was just saying, some Modern-Looking CDF Special Forces would be exactly what I've been waiting for, obviously its up to Nixo, but if he doesnt make the SF, I hope he makes them alot more modern looking than his last SS.

Hey Nixo' date=' about those helmets you provided to your CDF conscripts, eventhough you may have based it upon Finnish steelpot army helmets, the shape of the helmet itself, and the leather straps .................. due to shortages and alliance to Nazi-Germany.[/quote']

Butters-Marjorine-icon.png

LoLwut?

Let's just say that the helmet is manufactured in chernarus.

Edited by Nixo

LoLwut?

Let's just say that the helmet is manufactured in chernarus.

What I meant to say is, that all larger regional powers, like USSR (now Russian Federation) and USA were, and someway still noticably are, do provide their allies/satelites with their own military (licenced) hardware. For example pieces of uniform. That was why I talked about the pact between Finland and Nazi-Germany. It is just that those Fins had a quarrel with USSR, and the Nazi's made (ab)use of that situation. So it was meant equipment-wise. :)

And ofcourse I do support your idea to have those helmets being manufactored in Chernarus itself. :) Of all lines written down, that's the absolute best answer!

Last but not least, I must say I really do like this Conscript Addon!

Edited by Thani '82

To make a sound for the other side of the coin, I think we already have enough hyper-super-duper special forces douchebags with heartbeat sensor on their rifles and stuff :)

I think it would be a bit refreshing to see some ol'school special forces guys for the CDF. with less high-tech/end gear just to end up as another reskin of Delta Force guys with M4s/SCARs and MICH helmets + CIRAS/SPC vests. So I'd say go ahead with berets/bandanas/boonies/hats with minimal western equipment, just to steer a bit away from Specnaz looks.

But of course the call is Nixo's to make, best solution for demanders (and hardest for Nixo) would be to make both types.

Have been working on the rangers with OscerMike.

So these have ben set aside atm. School makes me uncapable of making 2 projects at once.

Next week I will pick this addon up again and continue to work on it.

Hopefully. You will get the update as a christmas present :)

Do you think you could make modern CDF units; say, at about 2015? With their Current Gear But some team leaders have USMC Lightweight or SPECTRA Helmets and early M16s or M4s with few attachments, and they could also have more modern ammo pouches or canteens.

Looking forward to the SF guys.

Edited by Black Cat

Yes, an update for these units would be nice, since the have some issues:

- they can use the AO backpacks but they don't show up on the models

- please rename the units. For example "Automatic Rifleman" instead of "Conscript AR", so the can be used as regular army troops too

- textures for thermal sight

I'd give the the chicom vest and use the militia model as the dofy armour has been textured over and does not look good

NO! He is in military service right now AND if there would have been any new he would post them!

I disagree, he may be working on something but not have posted and Black Cat may not have known he was in military service. There is nothing wrong with asking!