Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Fallujah City

Hey Shezan,

Again I must tell you, AWESOME map! I've been editing a mission and testing it since you released, and it has a lot of potential..keep up the good work, good performance and the realism of Fallujah!

To help you with next version: Have you noticed that some buildings have flashing textures on the floor? I can go and get the position for you if needed..

Btw, when can we expect a new version? :yay:

Thanks Bro!

To help you with next version: Have you noticed that some buildings have flashing textures on the floor? I can go and get the position for you if needed..

Btw, when can we expect a new version? :yay:

Yes, the problem was reported with some metal barns. I've changed their height from ground by 2-3 cm and fixed. If there are other objects that suffers the same problem please leave me a note at www.dev-heaven.net/ on fallujah project.

About new version we're working on :) we've found some major issues with actual house set that works well but needs to be optimized to support alice module and maybe could be reduced a bit in size. We've received a lot of feedback and we plan to fix all major issues before next release also to help the websites that hosts fallujah to avoid bandwidth waste with many slightly different releases. By the way i just managed a nice ils landing on airport :)

Like the scale.

However better sacrifice some of it for more detail. Put more trees in there (not just boring palm-trees), preferably those green trees from AA2 and AA2OA and preferably in yards of every neighbourhood.

Needs OA buildings.

Unfortunately not on a par with Avgani when it comes to the design and detail.

Like the scale.

However better sacrifice some of it for more detail. Put more trees in there (not just boring palm-trees), preferably those green trees from AA2 and AA2OA and preferably in yards of every neighbourhood.

Needs OA buildings.

Unfortunately not on a par with Avgani when it comes to the design and detail.

I think he can add more detail (as you said..) but without

sacrificing "size".

I don't think IMO there will be accountable "performance related" problems.

More fully detailed (enterable ala OA) buildings would be nice, even if only along the main roads. Allow more fleshed out defenses, raid objectives, etc along the main thoroughfares.

In any case, great work, and a huge thanks! :)

OA Building of LAGABAD is: LAG, I prefer ugly houses and a big city. and not a city of 200 meters that is injugable when putting to him IA in multiplayer.

I agree, this is a great map, but when you tell your AI Heli pilot to land inside the city in a free space the heli lands on the roofs and not in the empty space you have pointed.

hi, when riding over your bridge at high speeds, this happens

FQl7r.jpg

I guess they're not alligned perfectly , it causes me to die but I can drive slower if it's too much of a hassle .

does it happen with all vehicles or just the atv? cuz i have experienced some nasty stuff in mp with those things. i hate giving someone a taxi and than kill him after performing multiple saltos just becuz an ant had to carry a nut across the street (remember that simpsons episode where bart drives down the hill with his skate board?:D)

Edited by Bad Benson

Thank you Fox & BB, i'm adding to the issue list that should be fixed for the next release.

I've already made a mission for my guys over at tangodown, which basically is a remake of Black Hawk Down on this map :) It's gonna be epic when we play it.

I think there may be an issue with the geometry lods of the imported buildings? Sometimes, I will hide in one of the buildings and the AI will still be able to see me. :(

I can probably get a position of the buildings in question, if it will help. It is a rather small issue, though, and somewhat makes up for other AI issues!

we have used "standard" buildings from A1 and A2. If you can give me the exact building (maybe a 2-3 screen from the map with different zoom :) i'll check the house and the model.

Great job Shez. Map is nice, im just gona flew few hours over Fallujah in choper....its so nice. Is it in plan, to do some multiplayer missions for ACE ? thx for reply.

How about these locations - from the mission.sqm (you may want to have an init.sqf that puts markers in these locations?):

First building - 4769.1221, 4112.5928.

(My guy starts on the roof - the line from the sqm is:

position[]={4769.1221,10.357054,4112.5928};

if that helps.)

I think this is an A1 building.

Second building is actually the main building directly north of that location, within a wall-compound. I think it is an A2 building.

It also may be an AI knowledge issue. I haven't done any testing to determine to what extent they just 'think' I am there, rather than actually being able to 'see' me.

Hey guys. Heres some footage shot on the great map. It really does add to a great urban environment.

zCZi-FRzvI0

Question

Is this map scaled right. The grid on here is actually 500 meter increments not 1000. If you place a trigger that is 1000 by 1000 it does not line with the map grid. Am I wrong on this? So the 10x10 includes all the blacked out area?

Question

Is this map scaled right. The grid on here is actually 500 meter increments not 1000. If you place a trigger that is 1000 by 1000 it does not line with the map grid. Am I wrong on this? So the 10x10 includes all the blacked out area?

I'll check for this issue on the config. Map is 10x10 km, from a 1024x1024 elevation grid with 10 meters x pixel.

Thank you

Adding my thanks, I finally got to take flight over this. Amazing map.

If you place a trigger that is 1000 by 1000 it does not line with the map grid.

Grid is all ok, it's the trigger which uses radius/distance from middle rather than diameter/side lenght for dimensions... So if you place 500m trigger you have to multiply by 2 to have exact size of it.