Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Fallujah City

Please don't start adding OA buildings, it's running nice and smoothly as it is. Also it would look weird mixing up the building styles.

Agreed.

Why don't you check out the books

No True Glory by Bing West

We Were One by Patrick O'Donnell

You can find out all the info you want instead of using a hunch.

Also Zargabad lags because of using all the OA buildings while Fallujah uses mainly Arma1 buildings

Excellent books. Must reads.

This map is awesome. Cant thank the creator enough :) Its great as is...Thanks again

As someone who is somewhat new to ARMA (have only had ARMA2 / CO).

I'm not sure whta OPX building are?

Also, are most buildings in this map, can AI be inside of them? Like in A2/CO? Or are most just buildings but no ability for enemy AI to use them (like A2).

OPX buildings are referring to Opteryx usermade islands for Armed Assault. Unfortunately he disappeared from the BIS community some time ago. Noone got word of him and I hope he's doing fine.

In any case most of the buildings are not enterable and I guess that's one of the main reasons why the Fallujah map has a great FPS not withstanding it's huge size.

kind regards

Edited by nettrucker

Running Fallujah in the OA engine causes shadow problems with some of the buildings.

I think it's a BI barn-type structure. The shadows are always visible, floating in the air and visible through 200m of other buildings. Anyone else get this?

Running Fallujah in the OA engine causes shadow problems with some of the buildings.

I think it's a BI barn-type structure. The shadows are always visible, floating in the air and visible through 200m of other buildings. Anyone else get this?

Yeah that's an old problem that's never been fixed by BIS.

kind regards

kind regards

I think setting shadow to very high(or just high?) will get rid of that bug!

kind regards

But it only appears in Fallujah for OA and CO.

Seems like a workaround should be possible. Maybe upload a version of that one building that lacks shadows?

Awesome map! Amazing FPS for something so large, I actually think there is a good mix of enterable and non-enterable buildings. As much as I love the OA buildings, their inclusion would liekly make this map unplayable in terms of FPS drop.

Ran a MP mission on dedicated server tonight, some observations (haven't searched the thread, so may already be reported):

1/. The big Hotel at 0487 0480 has no building positions at all (most surrounding buildings do). If you spawn near it, it actually seems to be sunk into the ground initially, then moves upwards. Placing AI into it using setpos command seems Ok initially, but AI will eventually exit the building through walls/floors etc- I guess building is not sitting properly or something. Had to disable AI anim to keep them in their positions, but then they were easy pickings for players... Hotel also seems 'transparent' to AI outside the building (coping rifle fire inside even when totally surrounded by walls)?

2/. On dedicated server, UPSMON script doesn't seem to work? Curious if anyone else has this issue? Or could be I've buggered something up....

Brilliant work nevertheless!!! Look forward to 1.0!!!:yay::yay::bounce3::bounce3:

I found this huge hotel near the Euphrates in the North of the city, and i immediately planned a rooftop insertion on it with special forces to clear it out with some good old CQB action. Unfortunately Tophe's House Patrol script doesnt seem to work with the building, and it teleports all the Takistani Militia to other buildings in the vicinity instead of putting them in the hotel and let them walk through it.

It doesnt seem to have any positions coded into that building, which is unfortunate because it is by far the best building to have some good CQB in.

Ahh, my issue one already reported, and it is the CQB building of choice. I had same experience trying to use House Patrol scripts on that building:

Edited by gnarly_rider

2/. On dedicated server, UPSMON script doesn't seem to work? Curious if anyone else has this issue? Or could be I've buggered something up....

We have played on fallujah at least 2 missions with UPSMON with no problems at all, so maybe you are doing something wrong.

But it only appears in Fallujah for OA and CO.

Nope. I'm seeing it on Isla Duala v1.81, too. Maybe not the same buildings, but I'm seeing the same "underground" shadows that I see on Fallujah.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

The only thing I would improve, so far, is the placing of all of those cranes in the mid-eastern part of the city. Some of them look like they don't have a real purpose for being there, especially when there are so many so close together.

Nope. I'm seeing it on Isla Duala v1.81, too. Maybe not the same buildings, but I'm seeing the same "underground" shadows that I see on Fallujah.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

The only thing I would improve, so far, is the placing of all of those cranes in the mid-eastern part of the city. Some of them look like they don't have a real purpose for being there, especially when there are so many so close together.

I mean that the problem has been introduced by OA, for Fallujah.

Panthera, for example, has always had it.

Unless I just never visited the right area when playing Arma 2.

it's a broken shadow lod in a arma 1 shed, which can easily be fixed if you just use the arma 2 version