Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

TrueMods is a must have addon for any CQB/PvP mod. If PRDev don't think to use such third party add-ons, i then would like to know:

1-Will PR let the huge "zoom in" feature when you keep the 2nd mouse buton pressed?

2-How does PR deals with the terrible CQB feeling in vanilla ArmA? (Weapon Collision problems and Transition Animation speed)

3-Will you have an automatic zoom when you aim your weapon?

4-What will be the basic Fov PR is aiming for?

5-Without a small radar at the bottom of your screen (shackTack Hud), showing squadmate position, how will PR deal with giving that kind of informations to the player? Hud visual Cue? Map info only?

I really hope you have some answers to that type of questions as these problems are what simply KILLED arma 2 for me. I reinstalled it thanks to these new add-ons that make CQB enjoyable.

Sorry if i sound a bit tense. But i am indeed, as i think PR is the last hope for ArmA to get Pvp back on the servers.

You do realize the zoom is there because even with it you are still unable to spot targets as far away as you would be able to IRL, right? And if they just gave you that zoom all the time so that you can see targets realistically far away then your FOV would be so small you'd be running into things constantly and have terrible situational awareness. So what they have now is the best compromise for people with monitors that run with resolutions lower than 6000X2000 or have a monitor smaller than 30".

Current Arma FOV is really just fine. To be honest all those "smooth" games that people keep comparing to, aka "look how easy it is to move around in COD", I find the FOV in Arma actually much better. Zoom only happens when I click the zoom button and not when I do other things.

Collision problems are really impossible to fix I think other than making the buildings in a more reasonable fashion (that is, not make a city of dwarves, but rather make some buildings with reasonable door sizes and bigger rooms), however they have already said that they don't really have time to make all new buildings, so some buildings will be new and some will be from OA.

The addon that "fixes" collision doesn't actually fix it, it simply lets you push your weapon through objects, which looks and feels terrible. Suddenly you don't have to think about your weapon's length at all. Not that in the current game weapons don't clip through walls, but not nearly as much as they would if you would use such a modification. Of course you could just say that collision detection is already so bad that you might as well remove it, which is the only argument I would consider somewhat acceptable. After all the whole point of collision is to have a difference between an M16A4 and an M4A1 in CQB, but it seems like there really isn't and they are both the same size - the M16A4 is simply allowed to clip a bit into walls. In any way, you can see deadfast kinda agrees that their solution isn't really a good one.

"Current Arma Fov is fine", ''They have the best compromise''... No sir. We do not agree.

And as it is a subjective point of view, i'd rather ask PR devs what they are aiming for than debate on *our personal tastes.

So again, What are the PRDev going to do on these subjects?

Edited by RoME

We always take some time to look at add ons like this and how they may benefit us in the Mod, we would be ignorant not too ;)

Hehe, ignorance and arrogance is a thin line hehe jk. Nice to know you guys do, would be stupidity not to. Is that highlights real getting closer :P

The new screens are great!

I was like: "WTH why are they showing a real picture as work in progress on that first Mastiff pic #!?/!#"

'til I realized it was a render(took a couple of minutes).

A recovery truck ?

Please leave that in the main base we need as many riflemans as possible :yay:

The thing is that we already thrust the RDEV team

oh. really?

and on topic, I was aware of Pr in its earliest days back for PRBF and they did amazing things there that people were amazed by. Top bunch of guys at that time. interested to see where this goes now that they are focused on arma2.

Edited by twisted

Mod of the Year 2010, has just started Phase 2 of its voting, with PR: ArmA2 amongst those that made it through in the unreleased catagory.

What is Mod Of The Year ??

Mod of the Year is the largest celebration of hobbyist, amateur and professional modification developers. With record attendance and a massive number of updates, releases and new projects 2010 was a year like no other, packed to bursting with goodies to make any tired relic PC game seem new and exciting again. The Modding Hall of Fame has rolled out the red carpet welcoming one and all to see the best mods ever released all in one place.

Up until Jan 1st 2011 join us and help celebrate your community, culture and give thanks to the developers by voting for your favorite projects. For the first time in ModDB history we have a press panel which sees personalities from other websites like Joystiq and Rock Paper Shotgun have their say where it counts. Welcome to the 9th Annual Mod of the Year Awards.

If you would like to vote for PR: ArmA2, we have a link and read me here:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/moty

A big thanks to your support so far :D

Is the gameplay going to be more like the BF2 style or is it going to be more SIM like ARMA is?

PR arma2 has my moddb vote!

Can't wait for the next arma2 highlight reel!!

As much as im looking forward to playing Arma2:PR i cant vote it mod of the year, As its unreleased, Hope you see my logic and dont take it to heart, Perhaps you will win Mod of the year 2011 :-P

EDIT... Again i am plagued with the... READ ALL BEFORE COMMENTING...

Edited by CannonousCrash

There is a separate category for unreleased mods for exactly this reason :)

thats an interesting category. Seems odd to vote for a mod you havent seen. I guess we are voting for the concept?

There is a separate category for unreleased mods for exactly this reason :)

Thats exactly what doesnt make sense! Who gives out the medals before the athletes even ran the mile :confused:

Thats exactly what doesnt make sense! Who gives out the medals before the athletes even ran the mile :confused:

I know, right? It's almost like a president getting the Nobel Peace Prize before really doing anything in office.

Abs

Sepp Blatter gives out a billion dollar sporting event before the voting commences... But thats another story :-/

More on On topic, Is there any news on the latest news real?