Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

EDIT... Again i am plagued with the... READ ALL BEFORE COMMENTING...

lol, exactly why we are in the unreleased catagory, hope you vote now ? ;)

The unreleased catagory is for the concept, and the media and work done so far - bear in mind some Mods are 12 months or more in Development, so have a lot to show of, even thought its not released.

I know, right? It's almost like a president getting the Nobel Peace Prize before really doing anything in office.

Abs

Exactly. A reward for the ideas. Except in PR's case it's actually intended to be like that, the other one being "oh well it's not like there's a better candidate..."

Sepp Blatter gives out a billion dollar sporting event before the voting commences... But thats another story :-/

More on On topic, Is there any news on the latest news real?

lol that's realy true!!!

sry for OT

AFAIK, PR for the first release of A2 will just be UK, but then community factions will be released such as China, Netherlands, Germans, improved Russia and the United States etc. are all favorites in the BF2 community, even though I don't think the dutch are released yet. But that is just to my knowledge.

Initial Release is indeed UK Only, however we do intend to start a Community Programme for small Mod teams to work with us to incorporate their Factions.

We also have a few other factions to implement ourselves in the future.

Please, if you have not yet vote for PR: ArmA2 in MOTY ..... it is the only ArmA2 entry this year, so lets get the ArmA2 engine somewhere respectable out of this please.

Feel free to add to your sig:

pr_votemoty2010.gif

Thats exactly what doesnt make sense! Who gives out the medals before the athletes even ran the mile :confused:

I suppose getting anywhere in this category is a good motivation for the Mod team. After all, enough promising mods die because their makes lose interest.

Have been away all week on a Bohemia Ran course - VBS2 Administrator, so just trying to catch up on things now, and finally get this update put together.

UK_Force;1801546']At present its still WIP' date=' however once we have it at a final version we can assist as required sure.

I am currently putting together a PR Update, which I hope to have out in the next week or so ..... things are going very slowly at the moment however ... but at least they are moving in the right direction.

.[/quote']

As Suma posted, defining own actions on this level isn't possible since it is hardcoded into the engine. Since this would be very useful for one of my own addons, i'm keen to know how you got around this engine limitation.

Myke;1809709']As Suma posted' date=' defining own actions on this level isn't possible since it is hardcoded into the engine. Since this would be very useful for one of my own addons, i'm keen to know how you got around this engine limitation.[/quote']Hijack existing actions, and rename them / repurpose them for your own, probably.

There are 20 'Custom Actions' which are shared between mods/missions, perhaps they took a few of those, the screenshot only showed 2-3 buttons I think.

Alternatively you can use keyHandlers, assigned dynamically or read from config, e.g http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/files/events/fnc_addKeyHandler-sqf.html

Perhaps one day we can make the ACE Settings Dialog (or alike) available for CBA - http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Dialog - It allows to change keys on the fly ingame, and storing the settings persistently.

Though better would be that BIS stops hard coding them and allows us to configure them :D

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14294

Edited by Sickboy

Unreleased category eh?

Please vote for my unreleased mod instead.

It has every weapon, ever and every feature possible.

@scubaman3D

Yeah a good indicator of which mods people actually care about or await. ;)

Also a nice source of motivation for modders I guess. :)

it is the only ArmA2 entry this year, so lets get the ArmA2 engine somewhere respectable out of this please.

i find this a little humorous - suggesting that a vote for your mod is a vote for Arma2 - i'd suggest a vote for your mod is a vote for your ego.

there are so many gr8 mods going on in Arma2 community which are as yet unreleased - is PR:Arma2 the best of those - not so sure sorry - certainly the concept is old just doing it on a new engine.

i would have voted for BF:PR where it was first created - it was an outstanding mod and turned a shitty game into a great tactical game so kudos for that.

i wonder if you voted for any other gr8 Arma2 mods at this 'Best Mod' site?

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

guys there isn o need to bring for w/e reason the ACEv2 vs PR tension here

i'm very sad that ARMA 2 section don't have both

released (ACEv2) and unreleased (PR:A2) runners

(btw. the category is wrong cause PR is mod for A2: OA (in fact A2:CO) )

guys there isn o need to bring for w/e reason the ACEv2 vs PR tension here

Sorry, can't see any ACE2 vs PR tension here.

It's just normal people who think it is funny to vote for something that doesn't exist, nothing else.

We have quite a lot of unreleased mods in this com who have put at least the same amount of work into their mod or even more than PR and who are not on that list because they don't care about votes or having some "title" nobody cares about.

They care about what they release.

I could also write that less than 10% of the BF2 players play PR, but in the end, it doesn't matter. Either you play what you like or you don't.

It's all just a matter of taste.

Having some bla title doesn't increase the value of your work. Only the people who can actually use your work decide that.

Xeno

A few of you are a little thick in the head. That or you are just biased against PR:ArmA2 for whatever reason; frankly, I don't care.

I'll try to enlighten you all, so listen closely.

1.) MODDB is hosting its annual, "Mod of the Year" award. (MODDB - Top 100)

2.) There are two categories, "Released" and "Upcoming."

Are you following so far?

3.) PR:ArmA2 is featured in the "Upcoming" category and is the only ArmA II mod in the running.

They (PR:ArmA2) are not stating that they're the only ArmA II mod deserving of the title. The fact is, they're the only ArmA II mod in the running (both in the "Released" and "Upcoming" categories) and are asking for your votes to not only help them win the title, but to bring a little recognition to the ArmA franchise.

Some of you need to pull your heads out of the ground, because at the moment, the only ones that look like asses are yourselves. Vote or don't, either way, stop with all the bullshit.

Edit: Oh, and just to be perfectly clear, I am not affiliated with PR:ArmA2 in any way, shape, or form. So don't bother crying out "fanboi", because you'll just look like an idiot.

Edited by Silly_Savage

@Xeno the ModDB contest rules are there for ~decade ...

there were many mods for many games in unreleased category

(and most winners of unreleased categories went live sooner or later)

for the already released mods

nothing really stops ACE team to get ACE/ACEv2 listed and win some award from such high profile modding site (You would deserve it)

{talk to Your marketing staff about it}

in fact they have now IndieDB as well

http://www.indiedb.com/events/2010-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100

this award of released/unreleased indie games was in past part of ModDB but they split due to sheer amount of indie games ...

Edited by Dwarden

You guys seriously need to start actually doing a little bit of research before you comment. You also need to actually read what UK_Force is writing instead of simply bashing him for simply asking for a vote for the only arma2 mod in the running for an award in the competition. C'mon, you can't tell me it doesn't feel good to see arma2 here. One of the things that had really impressed me about this community when I first joined it was the seemingly willingess to accept new things into it. However, I think you have been unfair to the PR guys, and while I have not read all 95 pages of this thread, It seems like anytime they try to release some information about their mod, you guys hijack the thread and find something to complain about. Maybe people should start doing that to your hard work and see how you feel about it. X( The upcoming section in the MOTY awards has been there as long as I can remember. Its kind of like the E3 of modding for a lot of people. You get to see the cool things that are coming off, and for the mod team, its a chance to show off their work beyond the community that they are working in, which, quite frankly, in the environment on this forum, they may need some support from people outside the A2 community because for some reason many (not all) members of this community seem very opposed to something that has a lot to offer the community in the long run. And if you don't like the mod, simply don't play it. Don't bitch and moan and say they are ruining your game: they are not, they are simply adding something new to it which you don't have to use at all. They have put alot of work into this, and they deserve your respect just as much as you deserve theirs. And that is my two cents.

Edited by SB Interactive

Looking forward to the update, I've seen a peek at two items on another site, but i'll not spoil the surprise ;-)

for the already released mods

nothing really stops ACE team to get ACE/ACEv2 listed and win some award from such high profile modding site (You would deserve it)

{talk to Your marketing staff about it}

I don't know what you are talking about, but if we wanna be in a competition we will make it so.

I don't know what happened here, I only responded to Myke about the ingame controls, since it seems to be a long running question.

Scubaman suddenly jumps in on the 'Vote for unreleased Mod' thing.

Yes he wears an ACE logo, but he speaks not for ACE. (People wearing logos also are individuals!)

And suddenly words like ACE vs PR are brought up...

Can we please move on, there is no ACE vs PR!

@UK_Force; Sorry for the trouble!

Edited by Sickboy

I too thought at first that voting for something that does not yet really exist is silly. But when you really think about it, it's only competing against other things that have not been released, and is the only candidate from the Arma 2 area, so there's really no reason not to vote for it.

This is why we can't have nice things you'll. I"m an avid ACE fan and I"m very interested to see what PR brings to the table. Why is it so hard to understand that these Mods have not, are not, and probably never will be in competition with each other. Try em both out before you say a is better than b. Sheesh, never seen so many people fired up over stuff that A.) They are not paying for and B.) Will expand the community with a dedicated PVP mod. It's no wonder some addon makers are either thinking about or actually taking their Mods underground. *Rant over*

Back OT. I'm going cross-eyed with all this back and forth and I may have missed it but when is the next update coming out, just a round about to wet the chops is all I"m asking. :) cheers.

I too thought at first that voting for something that does not yet really exist is silly. But when you really think about it, it's only competing against other things that have not been released, and is the only candidate from the Arma 2 area, so there's really no reason not to vote for it.

And that makes it less silly :confused:

And that makes it less silly :confused:

Not sure, but it's enough for there to be no real reason to not vote for it ;)