What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Hi,

done some testing now and I can only say: Great Job!

This sound mod, as compared to others (being ACE_SM and HIFI) IMHO has the best long range sounds, resulting in the best battlefield atmosphere, if there is a large battle going on.

That said, as others have noted, the weapons in the first person perspective lack "bang" so to speak, especially when compared to HIFI.

HIFI sounds better to me in first person for the M16, the PKP, M249, M240 and SVD specifically, as there is a noticable short subwoofer boom associated with each shot, creating a nice feeling of "recoil". If you could look into that a bit further (taking HIFI as an example), only for the "first person", this would be great! Otherwise amazing job :thumb:

Cheers

Crusader

Hi,

done some testing now and I can only say: Great Job!

This sound mod, as compared to others (being ACE_SM and HIFI) IMHO has the best long range sounds, resulting in the best battlefield atmosphere, if there is a large battle going on.

Try out Vops sound mod also!

I dont mean that this is bad, I mean for more examples to make this mod better and better, look in to as many sound mods as you can to get more info/examples etc ... im really looking forward to this mod being the best! its already at the stage where its the best so far! :yay:

@Darkxess

Good tip!

I also tried VOP and SoW soundmods before, but IMHO HIFI is even better so I've used it as a reference.

Cheers

Crusader

Mahlzeit Jarhead,

i have noticed you have several Sounds for the Grenades.

Is it possible with the Weapons Sounds too? Slightly modified Weapons Sounds would no longer be so monotonous to listen.

Otherwise thanks you for the successful mod

also i noticed today that there are no water sounds and when you go into water too.

the sonic is very realistic

Mahlzeit Jarhead,

Is it possible with the Weapons Sounds too? Slightly modified Weapons Sounds would no longer be so monotonous to listen.

This was done with CSM2 sound mod(best out before this mod was released in my opinion) ... and it was not so popular hearing different sounds from the same gun after every spent clip.

Mahlzeit Jarhead,

Moin moin Termi,

maybe some of you haven't notice that, but each weapon with more than one firemode (Semi, Burst, Auto) has 8 different sounds! 4 sounds for the Semi and 4 sounds for the Burst, Auto! They all listen to almost the same, so the realism is not quite broken. Why should a weapon on each shot to listen differently? ^ ^ There other things like the Reverberation, the echo, what you hear after you fired the Gun. The shoot it most the Same, just the sounds after the shoot are different.

So, yah, its possible. But i wouldn't make them more different.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Yes i noticed that Jarhead! Great work. IMO CSM went over board making every shot so different it made it way to noticeable. p.s. LOVE the gren sounds. Thrown one in RL and sounds perfect! well almost, add a touch more bass maybe ;)

Please sign your work as soon as you can, even in beta form with the acknowledged flaws it rivals every other sound mod out there.

Please sign your work as soon as you can, even in beta form with the acknowledged flaws it rivals every other sound mod out there.

Are we allowed to sign it for use in our own server or would you prefer we didn't? I'd really like to use your soundmod, but without a signed copy it's not possible for us :)

Ok, just to let you all know, ive played and played around with these files from the mod! and if your using ArmA2 alone!

then you will need to remove the following so that you have no errors upon startup:

JSRS_AH6J.pbo

JSRS_AH6J_c.pbo

JSRS_AH64E.pbo

JSRS_AH64E_c.pbo

JSRS_CH47.pbo

JSRS_CH47_c.pbo

JSRS_Movement.pbo

JSRS_Movement_c.pbo

If your using "Operation Arrowhead" then there is no need to remove these! the above files just stop you standalone ArmA2 from getting errors!

For those who care about errors ingame that is ... :D

Also another bug update! .. shooting missles from the MLRS has no sound! :)

Edited by DarkXess

Regarding my earlier comment,

just tried the FN-FAL, that gun sounds lovely, nice and beefy!

Thats the way to go for the other guns IMO (although 7.62 should still pack more oompf than 5.56 of course ;)

Overall thanks for the great soundmod, definately a keeper.

Cheers

Crusader

Hey Jarhead, as a modder myself, I know how important keys can be for your

signed addon! so here is some info for you on how to register your addon and make a server key.

Ofpec: http://www.ofpec.com/faq/index.php?action=read&cat=202&id=56

Tags/Creating a Tag: http://www.ofpec.com/tags/

YouTube Video on how to make one:

Hope this helps. :D

Ok, just to let you all know, ive played and played around with these files from the mod! and if your using ArmA2 alone!

then you will need to remove the following so that you have no errors upon startup:

If your using "Operation Arrowhead" then there is no need to remove these! the above files just stop you standalone ArmA2 from getting errors!

For those who care about errors ingame that is ... :D

Also another bug update! .. shooting missles from the MLRS has no sound! :)

Kool beans, I did everything you said, and everything worked again. :yay:

Good stuff.

Why should a weapon on each shot to listen differently? ^ ^

Jarhead

If you or the other is moving you will hear the Sounds slightly modified then the previous. My idea is... my Avatar (player) hear always the same Weapon Sounds from the own weapon but if other moveable "Objects" (Soldiers,Tanks...) is moving and shooting than YOU will hear a slightly modified Sound in your war environment (like reality).

The goal of exercise should be a credible sound atmosphere.

Are we allowed to sign it for use in our own server or would you prefer we didn't? I'd really like to use your soundmod, but without a signed copy it's not possible for us :)

There's no ownership implied in signing an addon, anyone may sign any addon and use that key/signature alongside or instead of any other key/signature. The problem is you've got to then distribute those signatures to your players and it probably would be poor form to post yours in this thread before the original author does.

Given the enthusiastic reception I'm very much looking forward to giving this a go after its first post-release update.

Really enjoying this sound mod. The aircraft sound great, is there any way you can make them even louder though? A jet flying low overhead should almost deafen you.

There's no ownership implied in signing an addon, anyone may sign any addon and use that key/signature alongside or instead of any other key/signature. The problem is you've got to then distribute those signatures to your players and it probably would be poor form to post yours in this thread before the original author does.

Given the enthusiastic reception I'm very much looking forward to giving this a go after its first post-release update.

Speaking as a member of the same community when we have signed other people's addons in the past we limit the distribution to ourselves out of respect to the authors.

Feel free but there's no disrespect inherent in signing an addon it is simply (and only) a mechanism for limiting/permitting use on your server.

Like an earlier poster, I also have a dependency created for "jsrs_m230" in my missions. Like that poster I merged all four included addon folders into a single modfolder.

Hope a confirmation helps track this problem down.

ok another remark.

The smaw and the AT-4 could also use some work.

And as said before the artillery.

Not a negative comment, more constructive criticism.

Love your mod..already said it ^^

Like an earlier poster, I also have a dependency created for "jsrs_m230" in my missions. Like that poster I merged all four included addon folders into a single modfolder.

Hope a confirmation helps track this problem down.

Its because some of the sound files are dependent on OA.

I did already explain on how to fix this problem here!

Its just a simple remove that file etc untill you have OA to run it on, or vise versa!

Hmm...

I appreciate the help Darkxess but I'm running Combined Operations.

a-10 has realy horrible sound!(i mean gau). try watch this video

. In ACE are realy nice!