What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

a-10 has realy horrible sound!(i mean gau). try watch this video
. In ACE are realy nice!

LoL ... this has been said already so many times! go back a few pages and you will see, he has already updated it! and going to release in next update. :D

Oh, and the video... yeah!!! thats the sound the enemy hate so much! its what ive been saying too... ;)

Don't wanna be mean, I love your sound mod, but all the pistols sound HORRIBLE.

They need serious reworking!

Otherwise, this is the perfect sound mod. :)

oh hey i found out the no m16a4 sound and recoil was being caused by the new zeus ai mod. soo, yeah... sorry the issue wasn't your mod.

Excellent mod, the best thing than has done until now, I want to hear m240 and saw249 with the sounds of HIFI in this mod :d

a question, is possible to change the British sounds pack of weapon, and to use sound done by you? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11513

thank' new s and itself waiting for updates.

Ok, just to let you all know, ive played and played around with these files from the mod! and if your using ArmA2 alone!

then you will need to remove the following so that you have no errors upon startup:

If your using "Operation Arrowhead" then there is no need to remove these! the above files just stop you standalone ArmA2 from getting errors!

For those who care about errors ingame that is ... :D

Also another bug update! .. shooting missles from the MLRS has no sound! :)

These Helicopters are just in OA-Addon. Of course its not working^^ But thanks you mention it.

The Movement based on OA Soldier and Arma2 soldier. So there's still a problem, but its just a config thing to fix that!

Noticed that with the Mrls,. they don't work corze the config. Is already Fixed.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

PS I make this Sigs now. But i have to make a copyright so not everyone can play around with that. It was a hardly work and i working 3 years on this and i don't want to throw this away now. SO STILL WORKING AND MAKING THIS SIGS! BUT YOU HAVE TO WAIT A LITTLE BIT. I HAVE MUCH MORE TO DO THAN JUST EDITING HERE ALL THE TIME! I THOUGHT I DID ENOUGH AND COULD TAKE A BREAK, but not in Beta i guess :D:D:D

Oh, and i tried to make this M16 and the m249 with much more power, the m249 is great and sounds good, the m16 has nearly no difference to before and if i make more bass and boom and so this wouldn't be my mod! So sry.

Edited by LordJarhead

Lordjarhead, considering the update, would it possible to use the Addons Sync 2009?

I don't get this. With this Sigs i have problems, this is total shit ! Is there someone can helping me?

I don't get this. With this Sigs i have problems, this is total shit ! Is there someone can helping me?

Which sigs? you mean the signature keys for your addon? I can help you if you want...

Which sigs? you mean the signature keys for your addon? I can help you if you want...

That would be really nice! The Youtube video u send wasn't helpful.

I have to make biprivatekey, bikey and Bisign, didn't I?

Thanks

That would be really nice! The Youtube video u send wasn't helpful.

I have to make biprivatekey, bikey and Bisign, didn't I?

Thanks

LoL .. sorry about the video, it wasnt that good! though it was the only one so i gave it to you. Anyways, here is something Bushlurker helped me with.

OK - signing stuff...

This is pretty easy, but requires a little DOS command prompt bodging - make sure you know how to do this basic computing stuff... I'm assuming you have at least a grasp of the basics here...

Right - first up - you registered your "tag" with OFPEC, I assume?... for the examples below I assume you did, and it was "JARR" - just like mine is "XESS"... whenever you see that below, use whatever your real Tag is...

Right - first up - download the DSUtils package HERE

Unpack so you have a folder called DSUtils - inside... 2 files...

DSCheckSignatures.exe

DSCreateKey.exe

...and a readme - read that anyway...

For ease of use, put this folder on the root of your C:\ drive...

Open a Command Prompt/DOS window and navigate to...

C:\DSUtils\

Type...

dscreatekey.exe jarr

... and hit Enter

This will create 2 files in that folder:

a key - 'jarr.bikey'

and a privateKey - 'jarr.biprivatekey'.

Upload jarr.bikey to OFPEC's key library and include it with all your signed addons - this is basically the "serverkey" which admins can use to "allow" all addons made by "jarr" as "trusted"...

The privatekey is - a key - its the personal tool by which you'll sign all addons - keep this safe...

OK...

To sign your island addon for example...

Run BinPBO as if you were going to binarize it...

Click "options" - use the "change" button to navigate to your signature file - hit OK

In the main BinPBO window - check the "create signature" button

Binarize your addon as normal...

you'll get a "j.s.r.s.bisign" file as well as your usual "j.s.r.s.pbo" island file...

Distribute both of these files together - along with a copy of your .bikey file, so your package consists of...

J.S.R.S.pbo

J.S.R.S.bisign

jarr_.bikey

readme.txt

THANKS* to bushlurker for that tut! lol...

Anyways, ive changed that tut to suit your needs! for example JARR is the example tag name ive put there for you! if its not taken, then use it! register it asap and follow the tut above. If not name it something else you wish and change the parts in the tut from "JARR" to whatever you like!

When you get your private key! DO NOT give to anyone else! its yours to keep safe to sign your addons in future.

Anyways, that should do it! if you have anymore troubles just let me know! its a pain I know, I was at this point a few days ago, lol... its why Bushlurker helped me! haha...

Also, here is more reading about how to do it: WIKI

:yay:

To be honest, I thought the sound effects we're not as authentic as it would be in real life. Things usually try to hurt your ear drums xD

Plus, I am beta testing for the HARCP mod... and unfortunately I had noticed your mod doesn't change sounds in certain environments. Otherwise, nice sonic cracks etc. Its just when firing inside of a building or something, the sounds are as if I am firing off of a mountain cliff. Anyways, I can tell all of these echos and re-verb are a part of each weapon. It isn't actually loading a sound system, but just playing the extra bit at the end. Am I correct???

The problem with HARCP is its huge load time to start any missions and a HUGE system hog. I dont think that will ever take off the ground unless all those issues can be addressed!

No offence btw Declared just my opinion ;)

LordJarhead

Really nice mod indeed.

I noticed one "little thing" tho

Comparing the Overall volume of ($.it) vanilla sounds,and your mod sounds,i can

see you are a bit "lower" than you must.

I noticed that,because due to hear my friends in TS i lowered a bit the "effects"

of game (in Vanilla).

Trying your mod after that..your sounds -sounded very weak,when in same

volume the vanilla sounds are OK.

A humble suggestion is to "raise" or amplify all your sounds a bit..

there are weapons after all ;)

My gun sounds are really loud actually.

Besides the SAW and M16s ofcourse. :P

If you didn't see my last post, Pistols should be reworked, they sound pretty BAD.

Damn i thought the pistols were cool :(

But as Giorgy said i find all sounds very quiet. Im running the effects bar on default so thats about 6.5 i think.

I'm hearing the gun sounds as pretty quiet and not THAT punchy compared to vanilla. Hmmm.

Odd. I'm hearing them fine. They are nice and loud for me.

Good work, my only issue is with the M/AH-6 helicopter sounds. It sounds like you blended a mix of authentic sounds with some from another helicopter or ones you made. You could just use some Hughes 500 sounds from youtube or elsewhere and it will be spot on. Let me know if you want help finding a source.

Just like to make a suggestion, feel free to ignore me though as its entirely up to you... i was wondering if you would consider adding better reload sounds for the AK-74 and AK-107... i use these two weapons alot and although i like the new sounds for them i really dislike the reload sound... its more of a click click than a reload...

just a suggestion though :) keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Hmm I also just had a crash to desktop issue with the external AH-64 FFAR launch sounds. They were intermittently making distorted noises so I kept firing to figure out what was going on and eventually crashed ArmA2:AO.

Havent had time to test this seemingly great soundmod yet, but i have a tips for explosion sounds that can be mixed in to get a violent bassy bang, and that is looking for high quality sound files from big fireworks on youtube. I think i have some at my home so ill check for that when i get the chance (vacation atm so things move slow).

But what to look for is that BANG when big fireworks explode, and ive heard some great quality ones on youtube. Mix together with a proper explosion sound and you have amazing sounds for it. :)

Thank you for your work.