What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

So my firends, its been a long time since my last check on the forum. I just had to take a break for a while because of stuff happened and because of several people who are getting on my nervs :D

So, I just want to go up with a little overview of what I did so far. It was not much, just because I was working slow on it. There are some new features, like the distanceeffects and so on, but thats it so far. Most work where put into the rework part of 1.4. So thats it, what I worked on so far:

First, the weapons where rework and I added some echos and reverbs of my realrecordings:

-Reworked: AKM ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: AK47 ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: AK107 ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: AK74 ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: AKS74 ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: AKSU74 ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: BIZON ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: CZ500 ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: G36A ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: G36C ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: G36K ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: G36MG ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: LeeEnfield ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M4A1 ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M4A3 ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M4AIM ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M4RCO ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M14 ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M40 ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M110 ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M240 ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M249 ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: MK48 ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: RPK ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: PKM ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: SCAR_H ~ 16 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: SCAR_L ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M2HMG ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: DSHK ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: AK74GL ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: DMR ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: Glock17 ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M4SD ~ 2 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M9 ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M9_SD ~ 2 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M24 ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M107 ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M230 ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: M240COAX ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: PKT COAX ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: MP5 ~ 8 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: MP5_SD ~ 2 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: PM ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: SPR ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: SVD ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

-Reworked: SVD_Camo ~ 4 New/Reworked Sounds

These are far not all weapons, but its hard to remember what the hell I did the last month :P

So, we go on with these little baby-pbo's:

-Reworked: Soniccrakcs ~ I reworked for example the far and near cracks just abit, to fit more to the other stuff I made so far. So most work what flowing into the config, so the Soniccracks are not blasting your brain out of your ears while some stupid kiddy is empty his M249 right over your head away....

-Reworked: Movement ~ Most sounds where changed. All crawl, stand up and lay down sounds are completly new. Most run and sprint sounds too. I added also forest sounds, so running through a forest is louder as usual, also you can hear breaking branches and such stuff.

-Reworked: Environment ~ I reworked the Rain sounds, just to be more realistic and louder. (Rain is really loud, realized that by standin near a forest some weeks ago and barely could understand my own words) Also I mixt up the environment again, so its completly new at all.

-Reworked/Added: Explosions ~ Yah, most importand part for the last few pbos: There are no longer the old explosions, ALL have been changed with new ones. Most of them you can see in one of the ProjectZero video. So these are now a bit louder, bassy, more brutal. I like them really much!

So, and of corze I was working on some vehicles as you now. So:

-Reworked: Abrams ~ Only the tracksounds

-Reworked: Bradley ~ Only the tracksounds

-Reworked: T90 ~ Complete new engine sounds!

-Reworked: T72 ~ Using the old T90 sounds, which where basicly from an T72 anyways!

-Reworked: T55 ~ Only tracksounds

-Reworked: T34 ~ Also only the tracksounds

-Reworked: UAZ ~ well, I did something, i dont know anymore Oo

-Reworked: URAL ~ complete new engine sounds!

-Reworked: AH64 ~ Yah, one of the best new vehiclesounds I made so far, complete new!

-Added: Rover ~ I added the landrover.

-Reworked: A10 ~ Oh, what can I say, best A10 sound I made so far! As you can see in the video.

What else..... ah, there was a lot of stuff I did... Oh yes!:

The distancescript! Its working great so far, had no RPT's relative to the script or so. I also added most vehicle weapons to it. Weapons, SD weaons, Pistols and so on. I was also trying to do some stuff with the explosions, which wasnt able at least. So I also had to rework ALL configs for weapons:

-Reworked: Bullethits Config

-Reworked: M230 Config

-Reworked: GP25 Config

-Reworked: M203 Config

-Reworked: AKM Config

-Reworked: AK47 Config

-Reworked: AK107 Config

-Reworked: AK74 Config

-Reworked: AKS74 Config

-Reworked: AKSU74 Config

-Reworked: BIZON Config

-Reworked: CZ500 Config

-Reworked: G36A Config

-Reworked: G36C Config

-Reworked: G36K Config

-Reworked: G36MG Config

-Reworked: LeeEnfield Config

-Reworked: M4A1 Config

-Reworked: M4A3 Config

-Reworked: M4AIM Config

-Reworked: M4RCO Config

-Reworked: M14 Config

-Reworked: M40 Config

-Reworked: M110 Config

-Reworked: M240 Config

-Reworked: M249 Config

-Reworked: MK48 Config

-Reworked: RPK Config

-Reworked: PKM Config

-Reworked: SA58 Config

-Reworked: SCAR_H Config

-Reworked: SCAR_L Config

-Reworked: M2HMG Config

-Reworked: DSHK Config

-Reworked: AK74GL Config

-Reworked: DMR Config

-Reworked: Glock17 Config

-Reworked: M4SD Config

-Reworked: M9 Config

-Reworked: M9_SD Config

-Reworked: M24 Config

-Reworked: M107 Config

-Reworked: M230 Config

-Reworked: M240COAX Config

-Reworked: PKT COAX Config

-Reworked: MP5 Config

-Reworked: MP5_SD Config

-Reworked: PM Config

-Reworked: SA58 Config

-Reworked: SPR Config

-Reworked: STINGER Config

-Reworked: STRELA Config

-Reworked: SVD Config

-Reworked: SVD_Camo Config

-Reworked: YakB Config

-Reworked: ALL OTHER CONFIGS

So, I just waiting for TheCapulet for sending me some hitsounds (which has time bud, no rush!!!) and then I can say, its ready for go! At least I want to get fin with that anyways to start somethin new with my team.

Oh and of corze:

SladeUSSOCOM..... ..... ...... ...... well, he wanted me to mention him, so I did!

Thanks so far guys!

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

This is very good news. He, he I just asked myself today if you still work on this superb soundmod. can't wait for the release!

1.33 not working for me. Have no vehicle , heavy gun sounds or very muted rifle shots.

Running ArmA2 CO so downloaded 1.32 FULL and 1.33 patch. Installed as per instructions (as any other normal mod)

Only other mods running are Blastcore and CBA.

System:

Win 7 64 Pro

AMD Phenom II X4 965 CPU

ATI 4850

Realtek Hi Def on board sound.

If I use ver 1.2 sounds are fine , just 1.33 screwed up for me.

Tried the sampling adjustment.No effect.

Sure problem is at my end because everyone else seems to have it running just fine.Any suggestions as to where or what I can do to rectify?

It's a soundmod, so there's not that much that can go wrong.

I assume you have already tried running JSRS without other mods? Blastcore isn't known for playing nicely with others.

Actually maturin , problem solved.

I unpacked the .rar file again and re-installed the mod. Seems to be working just fine now so I guess I must have buggered something up in the first try.

And it seems to run fine with Blastcore for me.

But thanks for the reply..

This looks really promising Jarhead!

Looking forward to this one getting out to the publics!!

-Reworked: ALL OTHER CONFIGS

Does that mean the M134 works now?

Yap, its working finally ;)

It's a soundmod, so there's not that much that can go wrong.

I assume you have already tried running JSRS without other mods? Blastcore isn't known for playing nicely with others.

There's no problem with JSRS and Blastcore, even I using the blastcore script system and I have nothing to report. Seems to be fine. Maybe with other Visualmods, yes.

If you're still looking for audio samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIYEgDr_xPY

Some really good footage from a Documentary called Armadillo. Really captures the Business end of AK's as well as little whistles as rounds pass by.

Got this one already on the HDD since release mate :P Thanks anyways! The movie/documentary is great!

Thanks alot guys!

Jarhead

wow cant believe how long its been since I last check this thread... the changelog sounds great mate, I think i'll have to start playing again when it releases... :)

That sounds very impressive. You have done a lot of work. Can't wait to play with it.

Hey guys, ive just tested version 1.4 :P and "wow" is the only word ive to say...Jarhead, as always, well done my friend :)

-Reworked: Environment ~ I reworked the Rain sounds, just to be more realistic and louder. (Rain is really loud, realized that by standin near a forest some weeks ago and barely could understand my own words) Also I mixt up the environment again, so its completly new at all.

Be very cautious about upping rain sounds too much, as they compete in volume with everything else. You may notice that rain sounds get upped significantly, but it's very hard to notice that something else that should be playing isn't there at all anymore. When you do, you'll go "oh God what the hell is happening here" :p

Also, rain in forest will be quite loud because there is so much drops hitting the leaves. Character is thus very different from other rain. Same goes for rain on houses, but although characteristically different, it won't be a powerhouse wrt sound levels. But on plain ground and even asphalt, levels are much reduced. In my own ambient addon I have a whole bunch of different classes for various types of rain, but balancing them out with competing sounds is a bit tricky.

"Near a forest"? You should go in it (unless lightning storm) :)

Yah, actually I have a little problem.

I used new Rainsounds for my work, they are in stereo, same as the old ones I used. But using the new ones I barely hear them in game, source volume is the same DB rate, same Khz rate, stereo, 16bit like the other ones too. But just not able to hear them really. So I put up the volume a bit and see: They are just working great, sounds lovely.

But I noticed this little proble, if you paused the game, the volume rise up so much, so after getting back into the game, the environment is totally loud. Don't know why this happening, but is that because of my mod, or et least an BIS problem at all? You can test it now already with my mod 1.32. With all my version! Just play, than press ESC and pause the game and continues to play after lets say 2 minutes! Its like hell...

@Slade: Thanks dude! Hope you gonna have a lot of fun with it mate! But remember, its still beta and theres alot of work to do :P

Jarhead

I almost never hear rain sounds no matter what soundmod is installed. It's like the engine just gets sick of playing them.

Yah, and now we are able to hear them just great, BUT if you pause the game, they also rise up more then other sounds.

Jarhead

PS: Using Windows7, yes. But its an BIS-Engine problem I guess.

Yeah I have the same issue myself. And doing some test where I disabled sound mods, I'm pretty sure I noticed it in vanilla sounds as well, although not as extreme. To me it appears that the more sound classes you add that overlaps, the more you have to up the volume on them, and the more the pause game sound syndrome occurs. I have chosen to ignore them, because I have no other choice. The "one rainsound fits all" that is used in vanilla, I can't live with anymore :) Speaking of rain, have you tried this? Apparently not important to anyone but me given the votes, but it adds a lot of ambiance especially in slow missions.

@Jarhead:

I currently use a different environmental pbo instead of yours (no offence) from Elias Soundmod 2. The reason I mention isn't any comparison issue but it has a stereo rain effect that is gradual and so far its audible no matter what even from pause, had no issues so far and combined with yours. I have used it since its release and also use Random weather scripts so im normally in mild to heavy rain/then thunder allot in missions & Im fairly aware if it was acting up.

Maybe take a look at testing and check the config to see if anything helps with yours.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11134

File = eliassound2oa_c_environ.pbo / eliassound2oa_s_environ.pbo

Although I dont think anything can stop the engine boosting all sounds returning from pause .. that just seems to be engine sound issue.

PS- that link Carl added above looks nice to implement for sure.

Edited by mrcash2009